It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Rolling with the punches.

<span class="bold">River City Ransom: Underground</span>, a retro-styled beat'em up about kicking the pixels out of street punks, is now available DRM-free on GOG.com with a 50% launch discount.

Each fighter has their own style, one they can gradually upgrade and forge into the ultimate street-cleaning weapon as they punch, kick, headbutt or toss the thugs stupid enough to challenge them. Roam the sprawling River City or enter the arena to test your sweet moves, then invite your friends for some punchy co-op action. Just make sure your medical plan covers teeth displacement.

The 50% discount will last until July 11, 1PM UTC.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited July 04, 2017 by maladr0Id
So that's local multiplayer built in and Galaxy for if you want online multiplayer and cloud saves. Seems reasonable.
Post edited July 04, 2017 by Fortuk
Can't afford it, but definitely wishlisting for now.
Used to love these games on NES.
So RSR was on the NES, played it a bunch. Is this a port or a remake? Obviously they added a lot of stuff that the NES version didn't have so I'm guessing it's a new game but they kept the old graphics for the ancient farts like me to relive our childhoods. :P
tinyE: So RSR was on the NES, played it a bunch. Is this a port or a remake? Obviously they added a lot of stuff that the NES version didn't have so I'm guessing it's a new game but they kept the old graphics for the ancient farts like me to relive our childhoods. :P
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/combitstudios/river-city-ransom-underground
tinyE: So RSR was on the NES, played it a bunch. Is this a port or a remake? Obviously they added a lot of stuff that the NES version didn't have so I'm guessing it's a new game but they kept the old graphics for the ancient farts like me to relive our childhoods. :P
Fortuk: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/combitstudios/river-city-ransom-underground
thank you :D
tinyE: thank you :D
Glad to help. :)
Honest one: online multiplayer is between Galaxy or could moi do some co-op with Steam friends?! :P
Is this similar to Double Dragon and Fist Puncher?
Shouldn't this be on the big space in the front page?
opslo: Is this similar to Double Dragon and Fist Puncher?
Yes, except it has a non-linear design with objectives and RPG elements. You can also learn new moves and switch between characters with different playstyles.

As a fan of the original NES installment, I can vouch for the new game being just as good. Been playing the Steam version with my best friend and having a blast. Get this game people.
Post edited July 04, 2017 by haydenaurion
That's some good pixel art
Post edited July 04, 2017 by Crosmando
this game looks pretty good i think and i'm a huge fan of the beat em up genre as well as the original river city ransom (played it a ton back in the early 90s).

that said when the game finally did release (on steam) i never received any sort of backer/steam key, i asked multiple times about the drm-free version they promised (because id been holding out for it) and my inquiries were met with radio silence on their kickstarter comments page. so i'm hoping they get back to me today or at least acknowledge my posts, but im not holding my breath. it's not the end of the world, i only backed at the $25 tier, but it's still annoying to not be able to taste the fruits of what i backed without buying it again.
opslo: Is this similar to Double Dragon and Fist Puncher?
haydenaurion: Yes, except it has a non-linear design with objectives and RPG elements. You can also learn new moves and switch between characters with different playstyles.

As a fan of the original NES installment, I can vouch for the new game being just as good. Been playing the Steam version with my best friend and having a blast. Get this game people.
Thank you! :)
Bought this one immediately. Probably the best Beat 'em up/RPG we have on GOG up to now.

Btw, if you played the Steam version already and have backed up your save/config files you can continue using them with this GOG version. Just put the "Saves" folder and the "settings.dat" into your main game folder.