It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The legendary city builder returns – Pharaoh: A New Era is now available on GOG with a -15% launch discount which lasts until March 1st, 3 PM UTC!

Prepare to lead the creation of one of the greatest civilizations the world has ever seen in this 4K remake with modernized UI. Build monuments, manage your population through hundreds of hours of gameplay and explore 4,000 years of history through more than 50 missions.

Immerse yourself in the history of Ancient Egypt in Pharaoh: A New Era, a remake of Pharaoh (and the expansion Cleopatra: Queen of the Nile), one of the best classic city builders. Stone by stone, you’ll build your city and manage all aspects of its development to ensure it prospers and makes you a powerful and revered Pharaoh.

With proper development, ensured by cultivating the fertile lands along the banks of the Nile valley, erecting the iconic monuments of Ancient Egypt, as well as building temples and mausoleums to help improve your city’s health and culture you will have to make sure everything is prosperous enough to deal with economic or political crises, or even plundering by enemies. A Pharaoh takes care of its people and does whatever it can to earn the favor of the gods.

This journey back in time first started 20 years ago with the release of the famous franchise is really brought to life with this Ultra HD remake, which upgrades the gameplay mechanics to modern standards and completely redesigns the captivating soundtrack and gorgeous isometric 2D graphics.

With this cult-classic remake you can expect a rich, complex and unique experience with more than 50 missions, 100+ hours of the campaign and Free Build mode allowing you to unwind and build the metropolis of your dreams. Marvel at the beauty of budding settlements and lively cities sprawling across the Egyptian sands, enjoy overhauled menus, a refreshed UI and various adjustments, and listen to a beautiful, fully reorchestrated soundtrack.

Feel free to also join us during today's (February 15th) special release stream on our Twitch Channel at 8 PM UTC! DarkSaber2k will take a deep dive into the game and you'll see for yourself just how awesome it is. Lots of fun guaranteed – see you in the chat!

It’s time to spend hundreds of hours in Ancient Egypt. Take the lead Pharaoh, make the gods proud of your civilization!
Instabuy + into the forum you go...
Thank you devs and publisher for bringing it here on the release day! Bought, I can't wait to replay my childhood masterpiece in HD and with a more responsive UI :-)
I'm _very_ conflicted about their rework of the military aspect.
high rated
The fact that the original remains available separately is to be appreciated, at least.
Not sure how you release a city-builder game without a minimap.
The real question is if they fixed the AI. Never played the original, but the stupidity of the AI in Zeus made it quite a hassle at times.
eric5h5: Not sure how you release a city-builder game without a minimap.
Timberborn doesn't have one and I had had a lot of fun with that.
Latest St*am reviews ~ https://store.steampowered.com/app/1351080/Pharaoh_A_New_Era/

Seems to be a function of having played the original version, some -> 20 <- years ago.
Cavalary: The fact that the original remains available separately is to be appreciated, at least.
Different games with different devs, they couln't replace the old one even if they wanted to, so don't make excuses for them.
Just remember they got 3 years of feedback from the community and they still didn't listen. After 3 years the game still has the same mobile cartoony style, still the same oversized npc's / larger than the original ... still the same ugly menu, and even more they managed to mess with the military system ... , no minimap ... that's what you get from out of touch devs. They literally have a game from 2015 called Lethis filled with game breaking crashing bugs, that to this day they still have not taken the time to fix so people who bought that game can actually play it without issues ... Dotemu i don't know why you signed with these Triskell devs but so you know they are are so ... so out of touch with the community and it's fanbase. Dotemu if you want a proper dev team look at what the guys that made Nebuchadnezzar did to that game and how they treated their whoel community, those devs literally showed labor of love to that project. Literally you can have a way better experience with the widescreen patch, heck with that patch you can even play the og game in 8k resolution.
Post edited February 16, 2023 by lixicus
lixicus: [...] even more they managed to mess with the military system [...]
I would consider that a strong positive. I want a city builder. Having the economy to support a decent military is one thing, having to do those messy and uninspired combats of the old Impressions games something completely different.
Be very carefull with this game. Its not a good remake. Lots of bugs, bad GUI etc. Better to play original with widescreen mod.
I'm still interested, and the price is fairly reasonable for me, but the long delays (maybe because they are a small team) and the lack of a linux build is strange for me as this is a remake of an existing game - and they had Julius and Augustus (free open source engine replacements for Caesar 3 for multiple platforms) as inspiration and they definitely have taken inspiration from those (global worker pool etc.)

So it's a wishlist for me and a wait and see, to see if the complaints about the UI, etc. get resolved.

And there were always going to be complaints :)