It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

All the good, all the bad, none the ugly.

<span class="bold">Outlaws + Handful of Missions</span>, a real hog-killing time, is available now for Windows, DRM-free on GOG.com.

The technical success of Star Wars: Dark Forces and its "Jedi" engine paved way for this solidly designed, beautifully hand drawn first person shooter. The art and sounds are half the reason to pick up <span class="bold">Outlaws + Handful of Missions</span>. The other half is the same kind of old-school run'n'gun FPS gameplay you know and love, but higher difficulties will call for a more calculated approach where every bullets counts. That goes both ways, so cover, stealth and your revolver will get plenty acquainted. <span class="bold">Outlaws + Handful of Missions</span> offers a single-player campaign with high quality hand-drawn cutscenes, as well as a series of individual challenge maps to hone your trigger finger.

See and hear gaming's classic wild-west spectacle with <span class="bold">Outlaws + Handful of Missions</span>, available now DRM-free on GOG.com.
CMOT70: Outlaws...the only Lucas Arts game ever made that was underrated instead of overrated.
*reads the sentence* That's true it was.. huh under overrated.. son of a weird fucker.. Anyway what is overrated being underrated?
I hoped this release will make music playable in Wine (disk version doesn't work with music in Wine at all). Looks like this release has the same problem for some reason.
CMOT70: Outlaws...the only Lucas Arts game ever made that was underrated instead of overrated.
Antimateria: *reads the sentence* That's true it was.. huh under overrated.. son of a weird fucker.. Anyway what is overrated being underrated?
Outlaws was underrated, every other Lucas Arts game was overrated. Doesn't mean their games were bad, far from it in fact. But a lot of their popularity of their games, especially the Star Wars ones, comes from a rabid fanboy base rather than true gaming brilliance. Take the Star Wars factor out of the games and they're only average action games to a non Star Wars fan. The most overrated games in history to me are Half Life, Halo and Deus Ex. None of them are bad games though, they're quite good in fact. But they're not good enough to launch into an uncontrolled masturbation attack like some people do over them.

Outlaws on the other hand, without it's Star Wars license, i feel didn't get enough recognition for how good it was. But maybe i like it because i'm a fanboy of old Western movies. So maybe it's no different afterall!
Antimateria: *reads the sentence* That's true it was.. huh under overrated.. son of a weird fucker.. Anyway what is overrated being underrated?
CMOT70: Outlaws was underrated, every other Lucas Arts game was overrated. Doesn't mean their games were bad, far from it in fact. But a lot of their popularity of their games, especially the Star Wars ones, comes from a rabid fanboy base rather than true gaming brilliance. Take the Star Wars factor out of the games and they're only average action games to a non Star Wars fan. The most overrated games in history to me are Half Life, Halo and Deus Ex. None of them are bad games though, they're quite good in fact. But they're not good enough to launch into an uncontrolled masturbation attack like some people do over them.

Outlaws on the other hand, without it's Star Wars license, i feel didn't get enough recognition for how good it was. But maybe i like it because i'm a fanboy of old Western movies. So maybe it's no different afterall!
I remember that game but there has been a lot of horrible years. Western movies?Wild arms one (rpg) in ps1 had good music almost western things.
Yeehaw... ;o)

Finally! Absolute fantastic release, GOG.

Instabought, together with the other releases of this wonderful day.

"Where are you marshal?" - "There he is, get him!"
Does anyone remember how to get the Iron Key in the 2nd level (Sanctuary)?

Update: I finally figured it out! The player has to crouch and jump to reach the Iron key.
Post edited March 20, 2015 by IronArcturus
Aww yea! I was waiting for this one!
shmerl: I hoped this release will make music playable in Wine (disk version doesn't work with music in Wine at all). Looks like this release has the same problem for some reason.
I haven't bought this game (yet) but I wonder if this has some technical similarities with Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2 which also has a problem with music tracks in Wine.

See: http://www.gog.com/forum/star_wars_dark_forces_series/jedi_knight_dark_forces_ii_on_linuxwine/page1
Wow, I think I remember playing this game way back...
shmerl: I hoped this release will make music playable in Wine (disk version doesn't work with music in Wine at all). Looks like this release has the same problem for some reason.
Daliz: I haven't bought this game (yet) but I wonder if this has some technical similarities with Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2 which also has a problem with music tracks in Wine.

See: http://www.gog.com/forum/star_wars_dark_forces_series/jedi_knight_dark_forces_ii_on_linuxwine/page1
Ah, thanks for the pointer! So that's how GOG switched the game from CD music to Ogg/Vorbis files. Looks like I need to build Wine from source for that. I'll try it a bit later.
Post edited March 20, 2015 by shmerl
Outlaws still one of the most compelling soundtracks, even by today"s standards. Where are you Marshall? Sorry, I couldn't help myself 8).
Post edited March 20, 2015 by oldschool
CMOT70: Outlaws was underrated, every other Lucas Arts game was overrated. Doesn't mean their games were bad, far from it in fact. But a lot of their popularity of their games, especially the Star Wars ones, comes from a rabid fanboy base rather than true gaming brilliance. Take the Star Wars factor out of the games and they're only average action games to a non Star Wars fan. The most overrated games in history to me are Half Life, Halo and Deus Ex. None of them are bad games though, they're quite good in fact. But they're not good enough to launch into an uncontrolled masturbation attack like some people do over them.

I'd agree had Half Life not been such a unique, different experience back then.
GOG dammit, it is really hard leaving this on my wishlist and not just spontaneously buying it now! But I have so many new games, and this is yet another that will lie in wait till I get through the rest. OTOH, I have been waiting for so long for this to hit GOG, and especially since the beginning of the Lucas titles began to be released.

What to damn well do!
high rated
anomaly: GOG dammit, it is really hard leaving this on my wishlist and not just spontaneously buying it now! But I have so many new games, and this is yet another that will lie in wait till I get through the rest. OTOH, I have been waiting for so long for this to hit GOG, and especially since the beginning of the Lucas titles began to be released.

What to damn well do!
I tell you what to do, go take a look at a PM that has been sent to you...
anomaly: GOG dammit, it is really hard leaving this on my wishlist and not just spontaneously buying it now! But I have so many new games, and this is yet another that will lie in wait till I get through the rest. OTOH, I have been waiting for so long for this to hit GOG, and especially since the beginning of the Lucas titles began to be released.

What to damn well do!
Soccorro: I tell you what to do, go take a look at a PM that has been sent to you...
O.O

WOW. I don't know what to say!
Thank you Soccorro. That was unexpected and well appreciated!