It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Exophobia is a retro inspired sci-fi FPS with modern metroidvania progression – and it’s now out on GOG, with a -20% launch discount until September 23rd, 1 PM UTC!

You find yourself alone in a human spaceship taken over by hostile alien soldiers. Explore and fight your way to find the last human survivors, while you uncover piece by piece the backstory of the spaceship crew, leading to this high-stakes moment at the red planet. Evolve your alien weapon and shoot, slide, stun your enemies and more, in your journey to escape out alive!

Now on GOG!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q072NuYL92c
"Make the pixels bigger! I don't care how it looks! Just make them bigger! Oh, and less colours! Three is more than enough. Colours cost extra, do you think we're made of money?"
Post edited 3 days ago by Breja
Breja: "Make the pixels bigger! I don't care how it looks! Just make them bigger! Oh, and less colours! Three is more than enough. Colours cost extra, do you think we're made of money?"
I actually like the graphical style because it fits the game very well. Ultra high-res textures + ray-tracing wouldn't improve anything, but instead clash with the very basic Wolfenstein 3D like level geometry.
Breja: "Make the pixels bigger! I don't care how it looks! Just make them bigger! Oh, and less colours! Three is more than enough. Colours cost extra, do you think we're made of money?"
g2222: I actually like the graphical style because it fits the game very well. Ultra high-res textures + ray-tracing wouldn't improve anything, but instead clash with the very basic Wolfenstein 3D like level geometry.
Only Wolfenstein 3D looks waaay better than this. Not to even mention something like Blake Stone, which Exophobia makes look like Crysis.
Alone in a human space ship?

.....Like... a space ship that is made out of humans???

0_0
Nice to finally see this release here, I was worried with the delay!

Thanks to the devs!
g2222: I actually like the graphical style because it fits the game very well. Ultra high-res textures + ray-tracing wouldn't improve anything, but instead clash with the very basic Wolfenstein 3D like level geometry.
Breja: Only Wolfenstein 3D looks waaay better than this. Not to even mention something like Blake Stone, which Exophobia makes look like Crysis.
Tell me you have no level of colourblindness and / or artemophobia
I'm inclined to agree with Breja. This looks like Bad Toys' developers bothered to spring for colors. A shareware game from 1994.

Now I will admit, Exophobia is less expensive than Bad Toys was; for some reason Tibo Software was charging 25$ for a monochrome FPS on Windows when Nitemare 3D and Doom were already ported to windowing systems.

Point is, of 255 potential colors, this is not the set I would have limited myself too.
dnovraD: I'm inclined to agree with Breja. This looks like Bad Toys' developers bothered to spring for colors. A shareware game from 1994.
I must agree with you both. My first thought upon seeing this game was, "Looks a little like Corridor 7, except that Corridor 7 looked much better than this."

Hey, but maybe the gameplay is good. I'll have to watch a few videos.
Post edited 3 days ago by GilesHabibula
Shmacky-McNuts: Alone in a human space ship?

.....Like... a space ship that is made out of humans???

0_0
No, see, a human spaceship is one that errs a lot. If it were a divine spaceship, it would be all about forgiveness.