It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Better get ready, because Dead Season is now available on GOG with a -20% launch discount until October 15th, 3 PM UTC!

Guide a group of unprepared strangers in their struggle to survive a zombie apocalypse, in Dead Season, a turn-based tactics game. Strategize to endure against relentless undead hordes, but beware, noise attracts more danger. Can you escape the outbreak's grip?

Now on GOG!
Shamble into the forum new zombie game.
Post edited 4 hours ago by tremere110
Thinking myself useful, I literally posted a thread about this game to give it more exposure at the same time as this release thread was being written.

How silly was I.

In any case, looks like a great little indie game, impressively from a single dev. Just up my alley, as it's an XCOM-like with unfair, aggravating hit chances and horror elements.

Would love to hear reviews and experiences from people who have played it, the demo, or will play it.

I'll probably pull the trigger anyways.
Any replay value ?
Oriza-Triznyák: Any replay value ?
My understanding it's a linear 16 mission campaign, that should last about 15 hours.

So the usual XCOM-like "let's play again with unfair difficulty level XX and insert crazy modifiers to enemies" seem to be what you get for replayability.

Who knows in the future? But I doubt the single-dev will insert procedurally generated content suddenly.
Duck season!
Rabbit season!
If it doesn't have base building I don't generally consider it an Xcom-like. This game doesn't appear to have base building, otherwise I don't know what quality this game is. I wasn't a big fan of the Lost missions in Xcom2 so this game probably isn't for me.
tremere110: If it doesn't have base building I don't generally consider it an Xcom-like. This game doesn't appear to have base building, otherwise I don't know what quality this game is. I wasn't a big fan of the Lost missions in Xcom2 so this game probably isn't for me.
I agree about calling a game xcom-like only if it has both a tactical and a strategic layer.

My favourite genre is turn-based tactical RPGs, but I have no interest in strategy games, so I was greatly disappointed by xcom and never finished any of them.

This one looks promising to me. Wishlishted.
rojimboo: In any case, looks like a great little indie game, impressively from a single dev. Just up my alley, as it's an XCOM-like with unfair, aggravating hit chances and horror elements.
It does look good for a single Developer. Thank you for spreading the word; I would not have known one man made this game.

My urge to buy it is strong right now.
mrkgnao: I agree about calling a game xcom-like only if it has both a tactical and a strategic layer.

My favourite genre is turn-based tactical RPGs, but I have no interest in strategy games, so I was greatly disappointed by xcom and never finished any of them.

This one looks promising to me. Wishlishted.
For me, why I don't like Xcom and likes, is your hit rate DOMINATES every other attribute. A random miss and you lose the scenario and have to start over. (etc) I can't tell if this game is like that or not.
X-Com already had zombies, what good is it going to do to separate and iterate out on that one annoying/boring part of the game?