It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Crypt Custodian is a charming metroidvania about cleaning up the afterlife – and it’s now available on GOG with a -15% launch discount until September 10th, 2 PM UTC!

Play as Pluto - a mischievous cat who has died, and is sentenced to be the afterworld's janitor... FOREVER! Hang out with other doomed ghosts, battle beasts, and explore a vastly expansive landscape.

Now on GOG!
Nice Metroidvania with a kitty as the main character. I loved it, really. To the wishlist. Thanks to Kyle Thompson / Kyle Thompson, Top Hat Studios, Inc., H2 Interactive Co., Ltd. Great work on their part. And, also thanks to GOG for bringing the game to the platform or allowing us to have it here. ;)
Cats cleaning up everyone's mess, even in the afterlife... Unfortunately, I'm not good at metroidvanias so will pass on this.
Catventurer: Unfortunately, I'm not good at metroidvanias so will pass on this.
Are you allowed to do that?
GOG.com: Crypt Custodian is a charming metroidvania about cleaning up the afterlife ...!
Aargh, them poor souls ...
Really happy to have this one here. Instabought. Thanks Kyle, GOG, and Top Hat!
Catventurer: Unfortunately, I'm not good at metroidvanias so will pass on this.
mk47at: Are you allowed to do that?
Yes, I'm allowed to not purchase games that I know that I am not going to be good at.
We're all allowed to pass on games in this situation no matter how great the game in question is.
The game looks really decent. I'm just a bit worried about the "bullet hell" thing, because I suck at dodging fireballs :-P
Cannot be Tamed's review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yczRHewIe3M
Oriza-Triznyák: Cannot be Tamed's review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yczRHewIe3M
Thank you for the link! Looks like a fun game :)
mk47at: Are you allowed to do that?
Catventurer: Yes, I'm allowed to not purchase games that I know that I am not going to be good at.
We're all allowed to pass on games in this situation no matter how great the game in question is.
I dunno, I'm pretty sure there is a law that people with cat-themed avatars have to buy every cat-themed game, otherwise it is blasphemy. ;P
TheRealBoscoe: I dunno, I'm pretty sure there is a law that people with cat-themed avatars have to buy every cat-themed game, otherwise it is blasphemy. ;P
The game features a cat adventurer, which seems to be the origin of the name Catventurer.
Catventurer: Yes, I'm allowed to not purchase games that I know that I am not going to be good at.
TheRealBoscoe: I dunno, I'm pretty sure there is a law that people with cat-themed avatars have to buy every cat-themed game, otherwise it is blasphemy. ;P
Consider it at the very bottom of my wishlist as in somewhere far beneath the games I do want that have cats and are not available on GOG. I'm specifically referring to Cat Quest 3. It's hasn't been released yet but when it comes to PC, the game has only been announced for Steam and not GOG. I don't purchase from Steam.

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/cat_quest_pirates_of_the_purribean

I'll consider Crypt Custodian after I can play that game and not before.

edit --

mk47at: The game features a cat adventurer, which seems to be the origin of the name Catventurer.
I actually got it from Cat Quest. The unnamed cat hero and sidekick Spirry get referred to as catventurers at times. Even though I'm usually playing games with my actual cat watching, having a username of Catventurers might give the very wrong impression that there's more than one human on this account when it's one human playing games plus one actual cat watching games being played... so it's just Catventurer.

Savior of Cats also comes from the first Cat Quest and is the useless achievement you get for completing all the side quests.
Post edited August 30, 2024 by Catventurer