It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

In a mood for a captivating adventure? We got something for you – Caves of Lore is now out on GOG!

Caves of Lore is an engaging fantasy CRPG that features a turn-based gameplay style and charming pixel art. It seamlessly blends the thrill of environmental exploration and dynamic character interactions with strategic, grid-based combat. Prepare yourself for a delightful journey filled with fun and eccentric adventures as you venture through a vibrant world teeming with both menacing creatures and humorous encounters. Uncover hidden secrets and unlock extraordinary abilities, granting you the freedom to shape and personalize your party to your liking. The game offers an abundance of valuable loot and treasures that steadily augment your strength. Moreover, immersing yourself in captivating dialogue, books, and lore further enriches the experience, enticing you to delve deeper into the game's captivating universe.

Now on GOG!
high rated
One for the Games made by a single person thread, it looks like.

"I'm a self-taught solo-dev who built this passion project over 6 years while holding down a full time job and raising a family. I dedicated myself to work 5 minutes a day no matter what, and built the game piece by piece, not really knowing where I was going or how it would all end."
Will always support a solo dev
Not sure if this is a mistake (see attached picture), but hey this is one hell of a blast from the past.
Attachments:
dx5.jpg (20 Kb)
Great game. Any turn based combat lover or Dungeon Crawler fan will love this It is very rich in features, Party micromanagement and specialization. And one thing I like the most i uses the advancement per use system like The Elder Scrolls games, or Darklands

The pixel art looks polished and stylized with a good lighting. Lots of lore and discovery. It´s going to be a lot of fun wit lots of features to master. The sense of humour have a point too.

Interface wise I feel that it heritages a lot of some kind of mobile port (not pure PC UI) and it is noticeable in the inventory etc but I can live with it, serviceable.

My only gripe is that it is Unity without any option to Vsync the game. I will be careful :D

Jokes aside, Recommended Indeed.
Post edited May 22, 2023 by Gudadantza
> [Solo Dev says] dedicated myself to work 5 minutes a day no matter what, and built the game piece by piece, not really knowing where I was going or how it would all end.

Kudos!!!

It likely means you had your good and your bad days and likely you regretted your decision (bad days -> bad consequences(no matter what) -> rework). Would have been nice to compare the overall performance of traditional vs. always-on approaches (throw a dice and half the times do the mandatory work).

Related: do you intend to repeat the mode in a another project (or while supporting this one)?
AWG43: this is one hell of a blast from the past.
big box reprazent
Looks interesting.

The gamecard says 65+ spells and 65+ abilities, but out of curiosity, how many of them are healing spells/abilities?
Liking what I see! :) Hope this game unofficially works on W7. :P Insta-wishlisted!
Swedrami: One for the Games made by a single person thread, it looks like.
Did not know such a thread existed. Thank-you! :D
Post edited May 23, 2023 by matterbandit
Wow, watched some gameplay and reviews...

... this game looks GREAT!

And it comes in under my usual $10 USD ceiling for indies... even at full price!
Post edited July 05, 2023 by kai2
I started playing it some days ago and I'm really impressed. I'ts a very well-made party-dungeon-crawler with nice pixel graphics and a good turn-based fighting system with lots of different abilities and spells. Can't say much about the story by now, but so far it is solid and well-written.

Great game for a one-person-project!
I'm very intrigued to the point that this could have been an instant buy. Unfortunately, my game accumulation budget for the next few months has already been blown on vet bills. I expect that I'll pick this up at some point this year.
Interesting interview with the developer... who it seems pretty much taught himself on this project to program!

video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-jND0XBCO0
Has the Goldbox vibe to it.