It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A Trading Card Adventure

<span class="bold">Card City Nights</span>, a trading card adventure, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 50% launch discount.

Remember the POG craze? The Pokemon madness?
Card City remembers. Card City lives it, Card City is it. Card City days, Card City Nights, Card City lives intertwine with a hyper popular game unlike any around. A spunky mix of Jazz and Hip Hop accompanies the local nightlife, where only the cards and winning matter. Card City Nights is a trading card game that focuses on an entertaining, extensive single player adventure full of weirdly memorable characters, amusing banter, and of course: deck building. At the heart of it all are the cards: a game of placement, building combos for offense and defense, and breaking out of the typical TCG mold.

Deck up for <span class="bold">Card City Nights</span>, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. The launch discount will last for one week, until Tuesday, November 24 1:59 PM GMT.
Purchased and added it to my library. Perhaps I write a review for it.
"Meh" from me, but others seem excited about it!
I got it from Humble when it was free. I liked it and it kept me entertained for a decent amount of hours, that plus having the soundtrack in FLAC and being really cheap, I think I will buy it eventually to support these guys.
Not only a nice launch discount but also a low base price. Although I'm not sure I'm interested, I guess I'll have to do some reading about how it plays, since I think this is more casual than I'm able to handle. :)
This has almost been started from my Humble backlog (that isn't humble at all) on multiple occasions. But at this price, I instathrew a couple bucks at my buddies in Poland. Thanks GOG!
Oh yeah, this game... Never heard of it.
CharlesGrey: Great price and looks fun enough, but given that both Witcher 3 and Evoland 2 include rather nice trading card games, and I still haven't completed either, I think I'll skip on this one for now.
LordCinnamon: Wait, Evoland 2 includes a TCG? How full-fledged is it?
Sure does, and it's quite fun. It's probably not quite as tactical as the one in The Witcher 3, but it's much more developed than the one in the original Evoland. Starts out a bit frustrating, but as you find more and better cards, you'll gradually be able to challenge and defeat other players all over the game world. And there's many different cards to collect. Overall, certainly enough to add a few extra hours of entertainment on top of the main game.

And while we're at it: Evoland 2 in general is a great game. The first one was a nice concept, but everything about EL2 is bigger and better. Highly recommended for fans of classic console games.
Breja: Just throw in some sparkling vampires and it will be just about the most horrible sounding thing imaginable.
:P
Attachments:
Breja: Just throw in some sparkling vampires and it will be just about the most horrible sounding thing imaginable.
Leroux: :P
Well fuck me sideways, I didn't even notice that. It's official then- this is an unholy abomination and needs to die.

And now, Sir Christopher Lee and his holy hand grenade.
Post edited November 18, 2015 by Breja
Nice, wishlisted. I have a fairly serious case of lack of card games currently.
A decent single-player card game for only two measly bucks? Sounds good to me. :)
I had this game for a long time from Humble bundle and it is a great time killer and fun game

totalbiscuit did a WTF is on this, This should show you that 2 bucks is well worth the price!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX6qsbOca_Y
Breja: Damn, Pokemon and Hip Hop mentioned in one release. Just throw in some sparkling vampires and it will be just about the most horrible sounding thing imaginable.

Yes, I'm being unjustly snarky about a game I have not played, but in my defence it's because I hated Ittle Dew.
i got it a fallsalles a few days ago.

the thing is, i dont have a set mind about what game is bad or good, i think any game has something good in it.
my main concern is the fact that i am limited in playing games , like i said: (game)motionsickness, photosensitivity and lots more, severly limit my choice of games, so i am mainly concentrating on that.

i think this game is a very decent game BUT....

unfortunately its not very eye friendly for me, i will explain:

1st: the game uses a effect to clear the screens /goto another screen using bubbles , its like those old screensavers, i never used these cause they 'irritate' my eyes

check the attachment

the only 'remarks' i have is the use of some 'nasty' effects, if these had an option to be turned of this game would be among my favorite casualgames

1] on the attachment check 1st timage: on a certain screen (i watched some play videos on youtube)
there is a annoying parallax/.scrolling effect this 'hurts' my eyes

2) sometime the shield is annoyingly glowing all the time this is also a bit 'annoying' to my eyes

3)at a certain stage there seems to be a card that is glowing with rainbowlike colors, this also does not benefit my eyes.

finally the cards seems to have to be flashy and glowing when dealt, personally in my opinion these extra effects dont add anything to the game, without those i would still buy the game so to me they are not a plus.

Well thats it: if the devs from this games and any devs for that matter, would please consider to add options to turn of all this eyflash candy which does not really add anything except small eyestrain for me, i'd be very happy.

Itlle dew also has to much effects, sadly theres no option to turn all that flashing off, so thats why i bought it at sales so i could try the game, but its to eystraining for me so i wont be playing it unfortunately.

At list price i would still have bought the Card City Nights game even if there were no flac tracks (these are a real bonus thank you for these)
so i really really like the game, but please, dont add flashes if you dont add an option on the menu so certain players can disable these, which saves them some eyestrain and headaches.
With options to disable things, i will be able to buy more games, and perhaps there might be some more users who have samething but will never tell,.

I am still thankfull to xulima devs who made it possible to turn of the full screen lightning, i am enyoying the game very much.

I have 400 casuals on retal cd/dvd and 99% does not have bubblyscreens or too many flashes.
Please always add options so irritating flashes can be turned of.
Attachments:
Post edited November 18, 2015 by gamesfreak64
I was planning to buy this, and then realized I already own it. I think it was in a Humble Bundle and I didn't even notice it until it was released on GOG.

I am not normally of the "GOG is late" camp, because DRM free has huge value to me as do those pretty virtual boxes on my virtual shelf. So I buy everything here if possible.

That said, I am going to load and try this game now that I know I have it.

---------------

Speaking of games I'm impatient for, I really want Undertale to come here.
Big fan of Ittle Dew (and Princess Remedy) from the same people, so this was an instabuy.