It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Looking for a retro point-and-click adventure? You’ll love this one, then – Broken Sword - Shadow of the Templars: Reforged is now available on GOG!

Relive the acclaimed and multi-award-winning journey of Broken Sword - the Shadow of the Templars, now in stunning 4K visuals and with remastered iconic audio. Follow the daring American George Stobbart and the courageous journalist Nico Collard as they embark on a thrilling expedition filled with danger, intrigue, and age-old mysteries.

Now on GOG!
Just like Beyond Shadowgate, the release date is missing on the store page. Is that normal? I've never seen that before on GOG until today...
Recently played the original and the story was mediocre, puzzles were brutal (surprisingly i didn't have problems with the goat, which was kinda fun) and the protagonist... the protagonist was an idiot.

Got the game on a giveaway and it didn't really make a fan out of me. Certainly have no intention on replaying it anytime soon!

Broken Sword: Director's Cut (that includes the classic) is currently on sale for 1.39€ and i would say that's definitely a reasonable price. However, charging 30€ for this "Reforged" version is absolutely insane! In the end it's the same damn game (though, apparently this time in 4K)!
1jocator: Will the other games also get their Reforged?
They already remastered the second game awhile back. What's wrong with that version?
-
Guter: 30€ for a Re-Remaster (while ever fan and their grandmothers already own the Remaster)?!
Well, let's say, good luck! ;P
Companies can't make anything new so they keep pushing the same stuff back upon us in a new "shinier" wrapper.
And if that wasn't bad enough, they expect us to pay top dollar for what more often amounts to some visual/audio mods.
-

Stigga: Like here on the store site of Broken Sword Reforged, most of the ratings are from non owners and the complain about the price and the need of a re-re-re-remaster of a remaster.
Sounds like valid complaints and criticism to me. And commenting on social media the devs control? Good luck getting anything back beyond a "we'll see" style response at best or a discord ban for "annoying them" at worst.
Stigga: The ratings are the place to rate the game itself and to explain why something is good and what is not....
It's also a means to give perspective buyers info and opinions from both sides before they make a purchase.
Post edited 2 hours ago by GamezRanker
Oisin: They removed the crappy new beginning part that was crammed into the director's cut. Yippee!
Now that's content cutting I might be able to get behind.