It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Create a competitive team, train it and buy the best equipment. Brutal victory after victory, improve your players' skills to make them the best team in the Old World!

Hurry up and take the field! Until the end of the GOG Games Festival on 2nd September 2021, at 1 PM UTC, Blood Bowl - Chaos Edition is available on GOG.COM with a dashing 80% discount.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
What about the alleged bad/unfair RNG, is there any mod to fix it?
Also, is this beyter than BB2?
Post edited August 24, 2021 by phaolo
GOG.com: ...
Thank you!
phaolo: What about the alleged bad/unfair RNG, is there any mod to fix it?
The RNG is fine( as long as you know how to manage it, i am saying this as a Half-Ling player by the way) and in my opinion BB CE is better than BB2.
Screamshield: The RNG is fine( as long as you know how to manage it, i am saying this as a Half-Ling player by the way) and in my opinion BB CE is better than BB2.
Thank you.
phaolo: What about the alleged bad/unfair RNG, is there any mod to fix it?
Screamshield: The RNG is fine( as long as you know how to manage it, i am saying this as a Half-Ling player by the way) and in my opinion BB CE is better than BB2.
While that's true, there are people out there who complain that XCOM RNG is unfair. These people should not play Bloodbowl: it is fair, but you will throw a lot of dices. A huge part of the strategy is to know which action you should do first and which action might not be necessary, and if it's not, whether you can afford to try it anyway or you should end your turn.
bobrong: While that's true, there are people out there who complain that XCOM RNG is unfair. These people should not play Bloodbowl: it is fair, but you will throw a lot of dices. A huge part of the strategy is to know which action you should do first and which action might not be necessary, and if it's not, whether you can afford to try it anyway or you should end your turn.
Does any action just roll a 1d6? That does't look ideal.. O_o
One reviewer said he edited characters to max stats and the RNG still killed them..
It's not great if you have to change your gameplay to adapt to the engine's weird mechanics :/
bobrong: While that's true, there are people out there who complain that XCOM RNG is unfair. These people should not play Bloodbowl: it is fair, but you will throw a lot of dices. A huge part of the strategy is to know which action you should do first and which action might not be necessary, and if it's not, whether you can afford to try it anyway or you should end your turn.
phaolo: Does any action just roll a 1d6? That does't look ideal.. O_o
One reviewer said he edited characters to max stats and the RNG still killed them..
It's not great if you have to change your gameplay to adapt to the engine's weird mechanics :/
The game is very RNG-reliant, however Skills help mitigate it to a certain degree. Certain skills give you the ability to do things like roll 2d6 and choose the result you want from them. Also Teams get a certain amount of Re-rolls (it's a game mechanic) but these are usually very limited in number and best saved for those "This move absolutely cannot fail" moments
phaolo: I'm not exactly a fan of rugby, but i recall people saying this game was fun anyway.
The problem is that reviews say this is mostly a multiplayer game.. and people still playing this aren't too many.
I too live in a country with zero rugby or football. But this kind of game is made to be more loose in gameplay and rules and have ridiculous violence so people like us can enjoy it too.
DarkSaber2k: The game is very RNG-reliant, however Skills help mitigate it to a certain degree. Certain skills give you the ability to do things like roll 2d6 and choose the result you want from them. Also Teams get a certain amount of Re-rolls (it's a game mechanic) but these are usually very limited in number and best saved for those "This move absolutely cannot fail" moments
I see, thanks.
Oh well, I guess I'll try it.
phaolo: I'm not exactly a fan of rugby, but i recall people saying this game was fun anyway.
The problem is that reviews say this is mostly a multiplayer game.. and people still playing this aren't too many.
You can play a solo campaign. No problem.
In fact there are a lot of single player modes, Campaign, Leagues, Tournament, etc... the game is pretty rich in that regard.
I have a relationship of love/hate whit this game, though. It is one of those games that make me rage at the same level than XCOM and its failed hits/shots :D
Post edited August 25, 2021 by Gudadantza