It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Take part in an interactive story revolving around the themes of fate, duty, and free will. The Bleeding Moons game is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM with a 10% discount lasting until 10th September, 1 PM UTC. Your actions and decisions will shape the story of the game, so that the main character’s story will be your story, with all the logical consequences of your choices.

Want to find out more? Play the game’s free demo on GOG.COM right now!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
Forum pop.

Hmm when I first read the description I was thinking it would be a Visual Novel. I don't hate them, but I prefer other genres.

I am guessing this isn't that far off from a VN but at least it appears there's a different aesthetic for most of the time so I could see myself playing this someday. But it's far from a priority or even a wishlist title for me.

Anyway, good luck for those who will buy it.
Post edited September 03, 2020 by joppo
joppo: Forum pop.

Hmm when I first read the description I was thinking it would be a Visual Novel. I don't hate them, but I prefer other genres.

I am guessing this isn't that far off from a VN but at least it appears there's a different aesthetic for most of the time so I could see myself playing this someday. But it's far from a priority or even a wishlist title for me.

The free demo should help you determine how different it is from a visual novel.
joppo: Forum pop.

musteriuz: The free demo should help you determine how different it is from a visual novel.
Indeed, the presence of a demo is a very good point. I am glad to see that they are becoming more common nowadays in general and particularly here on Gog.

But honestly even the demo won't help much in this case. I could play the demo to be better informed if the game is something I will like a little or almost not at all...

OR

I could play one among the dozen games I know are from genres I like that are gathering virtual dust in my backlog.

Not really a competition.

(However, the demo would help a lot if I was considering whether I should buy the game)
Played some of the demo, it's actually pretty heavy content.. But, does the full version have 16:9 or not? The demo is probably 800x600 scaled up which makes the mouse wonky feeling. There isn't a full keybindings list nor can you rebind. Guess I'll try to see if any of the reviews show 16:9 or not.
Looks more interesting than most JRPGs.
Hmm
I got an error or bug when trying to run the demo
Script &F12disablev2 line 19: Runtime Error occured

Load Libary: System/F1altEnterF12

Probably a packacke or something im missing
or something else

il look into it a bit later
From what I've read, it makes use of VN mechanics and it's made by a one man studio. I must say that the drawings are very poor "fake manga", expecially the lines, like it's made with Paint. The dialogues shown in the trailer are simplistic and forcefully express "moral choices". Not really appealing unless you are much into the genre I guess.
It seems to be a more darkish story. But I really like the art. So, bought. (And now I just hope it won't be too depressing playing through.)
FlockeSchnee: It seems to be a more darkish story. But I really like the art. So, bought. (And now I just hope it won't be too depressing playing through.)
Does the full version support widescreen?
Looks like an RPG mixed with a VN.
Swissy88: Does the full version support widescreen?
I really don't know about these technical things. The game asks on start, if you want fullscreen or windowed. The same two options are in the settings menu. I didn't see anything where I could change resolution. If something like 1690x1080 is widescreen, the game uses the whole screen in fullscreen-mode (EDIT: There is a narrow black part on up and down and a broader black part on left and right, like a border/frame?). The window-mode is tiny. Sorry, that's the best I can do for an answer. :-/
Post edited September 07, 2020 by FlockeSchnee
I like the art personally, however the writing is horrible. It is like a cross between a point and click adventure and a visual novel in RPG-maker style, no actual RPG elements at all it looks like. You walk around and click on everything you can until the story continues. I'd had enough by the time the demo crashed so I didn't investigate more, although I checked quickly and there was no autosave.
It looks like an interesting game.
Every time I see the title of this thread in my "My Posts" page I read it as "Bleeding moRons" at first. If I ever get the game I will have to suppress chuckles and smirks during my whole playthrough. :)