It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Beloved Rapture is an indie jRPG inspired by the classics – and it’s now available on GOG with a -15% launch discount until October 14th, 5 PM UTC!

Explore beautiful landscapes, fight in turn-based battles, and uncover many secrets. This mid-length adventure balances both an intimate coming of age story, and larger threats looming over the troubled kingdom.

Now on GOG!
Catventurer: I only found out about their spreadsheet yesterday when I was on youtube looking for reviews on cozy games, and the related videos feed got filled with videos of people talking about (and against) said spreadsheet... so it's extremely recent for me. Personally, I rather like their spreadsheet just for the fact that if you are specifically looking for games that have a girl protagonist, LGBTQ+ characters, people of color, etc --- these silly boys are doing a lot of the work for you.

Now if only someone with posting access on Steam can go convince them that putting a cat into a game is DEI, it would really really help me out if they waste time checking if games have cats if I can just use their spreadsheet to check if games have cats on them. For now though if a game looks decent and they hate it, I'm willing to consider it.
dtgreene: Have you played Ikenfell yet?
* Girl protagonist, check.
* LGBTQ+ characters, check.
* People of color, check. (Including some party members)
* Cats (which you seem to like), check. (They function as save points for some reason.)
I'm playing Ikenfell right now!

I love that it has accessibility features where you can turn off screen shakes, set the timing mode to auto (to not use it), photosensitivity mode, etc etc. You don't see many games where the developers clearly want everyone who starts the game to be able to finish it. I'm willing to bet that there's no sneaky abelist features color-based or audio puzzles. I find this sort of stuff quite heartwarming such that the presence of cats ends up being a nice bonus.
This one does look nice, I am wishlisting it for now due to my backlog and the price tag. I wish there was a video showing the gameplay. One screenshot makes me think you can jump in some way (or maybe autojump like in CrossCode). It is hard to tell what the battles are like. I like story focused games but I think the whole violent monarchy setting is quite limiting (although the Imperial Grace demo seemed decent; some who are interested in this one might want to keep an eye on that one also).

Also, while not to say there aren't vocally anti-LGBT folks around here since there obviously are, the low rating of new games happens to a lot of games of different types just because GOG lacks an ignore button and giving a quick one star rating is a way to remember that you have looked at a particular game and aren't interested.
joveian: This one does look nice, I am wishlisting it for now due to my backlog and the price tag. I wish there was a video showing the gameplay. One screenshot makes me think you can jump in some way (or maybe autojump like in CrossCode). It is hard to tell what the battles are like. I like story focused games but I think the whole violent monarchy setting is quite limiting (although the Imperial Grace demo seemed decent; some who are interested in this one might want to keep an eye on that one also).

Also, while not to say there aren't vocally anti-LGBT folks around here since there obviously are, the low rating of new games happens to a lot of games of different types just because GOG lacks an ignore button and giving a quick one star rating is a way to remember that you have looked at a particular game and aren't interested.
They have a video on Steam. It looks really cool, especially if you were around at the time of the SNES or otherwise like that vibe.

Not sure why it happens that certain games have a video on Steam, but not here. Unless it stinks and you don't to show it (not the case here I think), including a video if there is one is a simple thing you can do to help promote a game and get people interested.
Post edited 53 minutes ago by Magnitus