It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Build a mobile village and travel with your tribe toward the center of the world in this indie management roguelike game. As Far As The Eye is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM.

Get it now with a 10% discount lasting until 18th September, 4 PM UTC.

You play as the wind guiding the Pupils, a tribe that must reach the center of the world. Help them grow wiser through agriculture, crafting, scientific and mystical research before the world is submerged.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
Another beautiful looking game that's... a roguelike.

Doesn't seem to be a genre that would be very good as roguelike as for roguelikes I prefer games that you can finish in a few minutes, while turn-based strategy usually has games that take multiple hours.

But I'd be curious what people who played it say.
RyaReisender: Another beautiful looking game that's... a roguelike.

Doesn't seem to be a genre that would be very good as roguelike as for roguelikes I prefer games that you can finish in a few minutes, while turn-based strategy usually has games that take multiple hours.

But I'd be curious what people who played it say.
I played the demo (that's also available here on gog). It is unfortunately on a pre-finished version of the game, so I am not sure how the few gripes I had about the gameplay (including roguelike elements) would be valid with this version, but I managed to reach the eye on my third attempt (with the "easy" tribe), and that specific playthrough lasted between 60 and 90 minutes, I guess. With the game page saying there are modifiers for journey length et al, I suppose how long a single trek will last you is up to your choices and playstyle.
It looks quite nice, but I'm not very keen on everything having to have permadeath/progression-wipe either.
Looks cool! Would love to hear impressions from anyone taking the plunge.

Getting sort of a Thea vibe (loved it!) - curious how much direct control you have over the game. It sounds almost like a more Populous or city builder level of indirect guidence. Is there still a decent amount of player agency?
GOG.com: Get it now with a 10% discount lasting until 18th September, 4 PM UTC.
The countdown clock is one day short.
Mr.Mumbles: It looks quite nice, but I'm not very keen on everything having to have permadeath/progression-wipe either.
Let's hope it leans more on the procedural aspect of the rogue lite definition as the permadeath/progression-wipe is such an irritating aspect of the genre!
This game reminds me of Niche and Northgard.
Looks like something I will enjoy a lot. Thank you.
As Far As the Eye – First Impression

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYYGbecs-yc
Post edited September 12, 2020 by i_hope_you_rot
i_hope_you_rot: As Far As the Eye – First Impression

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYYGbecs-yc
Is this your channel? I subbed naturally as the person did an excellent job with her first impression!
takezodunmer2005: Is this your channel? I subbed naturally as the person did an excellent job with her first impression!
Haha . No .
takezodunmer2005: Is this your channel? I subbed naturally as the person did an excellent job with her first impression!
i_hope_you_rot: Haha . No .
Fair enough, thanks for linking it all the same though!
takezodunmer2005: Fair enough, thanks for linking it all the same though!
You're welcome . I also subscribed to her channel .