It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Immerse yourself in a psychological thriller of a new kind, playing with the limits between reality and fantasy. Alfred Hitchcock – Vertigo is now available on GOG!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Yeah!! It's arrived! :)
Looks cool, glad to see a GOG release!

Wishlisted.
forgot this was coming out already, but also disappointed because the new releases on the winter sale calendar are just regular new releases available everywhere, not old games finally unearthed.
Might be a good game...

... but IMO...

... calling it Alfred Hitchcock's Vertigo -- when it's an original story with no connection to Alfred Hitchcock's Vertigo except for what looks like a modest thematic -- just feels wrong.
And another trailer that does not even give you any idea of the actual gameplay...

Also I second what kai2 said about the naming of the game (hopefuly they secured the rights).
Post edited December 16, 2021 by MarkoH01
It's unusual that the Digital Deluxe Edition is still 'coming soon'. I wonder which bit is holding it up.
I got a notification that the Deluxe Edition is "now available to purchase" but on the store page it's still showing up as coming soon.

On the dropdown for the game editions, it's marked as 39,99€.

Some glitch perhaps or they're still setting it up?
The characters 3D design look ugly af. The main character look like someone just learning to sculpt 3D face without making it proportional or easy on the eyes. The remaining cast are all ugly as well. Even the Sheriff looks like he came from PS2 era.

I usually don't complaint much about artstyle choice but wow, I have a very strong opinion for this one.

To think about it, they look like old MTV Celebrity Deathmatch faces. And it's not a compliment. At least Celebrity Deathmatch was more entertaining story wise.
Very interesting, just yesterday I bought his movie on 4K Blu-Ray, it's going to arrive soon, do you think it's good?
kai2: Might be a good game...

... but IMO...

... calling it Alfred Hitchcock's Vertigo -- when it's an original story with no connection to Alfred Hitchcock's Vertigo except for what looks like a modest thematic -- just feels wrong.
MarkoH01: And another trailer that does not even give you any idea of the actual gameplay...

Also I second what kai2 said about the naming of the game (hopefuly they secured the rights).
RedRagan: The characters 3D design look ugly af. The main character look like someone just learning to sculpt 3D face without making it proportional or easy on the eyes. The remaining cast are all ugly as well. Even the Sheriff looks like he came from PS2 era.

I usually don't complaint much about artstyle choice but wow, I have a very strong opinion for this one.

To think about it, they look like old MTV Celebrity Deathmatch faces. And it's not a compliment. At least Celebrity Deathmatch was more entertaining story wise.
Agreed with everyone on all counts.

This looks like a perfect storm of awfulness. Maybe there's a decent-ish game buried underneath this mountain of red flags, but I'm not goung to cough up 30 bucks to find out.
Jon_Irenicus_PL: Very interesting, just yesterday I bought his movie on 4K Blu-Ray, it's going to arrive soon, do you think it's good?
If the question refers to the movie. Imo it is a true classic and one of Hitchcock's best.
This looks absolutely nothing like the movie. It's like somebody got the licence but didn't have the money to pay to make it look like the film.
> Can you trust your own mind?

Stop playing games with me!
Jon_Irenicus_PL: Very interesting, just yesterday I bought his movie on 4K Blu-Ray, it's going to arrive soon, do you think it's good?
MarkoH01: If the question refers to the movie. Imo it is a true classic and one of Hitchcock's best.
I have seen it, it's an incredible movie! Great transfer, too.