It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It’s finally releasing in its full glory – Odd Realm is now out of early access on GOG!

Dive into Odd Realm, a mystical colony sim set in a land of fantasy! Lead your settlers to construct a thriving haven, navigating unpredictable seasons, elusive bandits, unseen horrors, and fabled gods. Every choice etches your colony's destiny, igniting a saga of adventure, peril, and triumph.

Now on GOG!
Teleported into the forums.

Odd Realms is sorta-kinda like DF/Rimworld, except a bit calmer and smaller on the scale side.
Was alright the last time I played it, but I was also waiting for the game to complete.

...Of course, between the time of it's announcement and now, Dwarf Fortress had the premium graphics update and is rolling out the adventure update, sooo...
GOG.com: Lead your settlers to construct a thriving haven, navigating unpredictable seasons, elusive bandits, unseen horrors, and fabled gods.
... But don't forget: the only true god there is is God of Odd!
nice... news... awesome...
I was only vaguely aware of Odd Realm and didn't follow up with their dev logs. As somebody who played both Dwarf Fortress & Gnomoria back then and more recently Rimworld & Timberborn, this one should be up my alley...

However, the existing reviews state that the dev has a history of not keeping the game updated on GoG (like, they're saying it's several patches behind the Steam version). I also took a look at the store page for Odd Realm and noted that it is still in "Early Access" despite having this "Out of Early Access" announcement.

Looking from that perspective, you can kind of put two and two together... I can't be the only one to have noticed this. I'm sorry, but this problem is actually a significant malus for me due to the nature of these games.

I don't feel reassured enough to even consider buying it unless there are post-early access reviews stating otherwise.
runaruna: I was only vaguely aware of Odd Realm and didn't follow up with their dev logs. As somebody who played both Dwarf Fortress & Gnomoria back then and more recently Rimworld & Timberborn, this one should be up my alley...

However, the existing reviews state that the dev has a history of not keeping the game updated on GoG (like, they're saying it's several patches behind the Steam version). I also took a look at the store page for Odd Realm and noted that it is still in "Early Access" despite having this "Out of Early Access" announcement.

Looking from that perspective, you can kind of put two and two together... I can't be the only one to have noticed this. I'm sorry, but this problem is actually a significant malus for me due to the nature of these games.

I don't feel reassured enough to even consider buying it unless there are post-early access reviews stating otherwise.
honestly i saw the 'out of early access' announcement yesterday and got interested in the game.
checked the store page just right now to decide if i buy it and noticed too that it still is marked to be in early access, besides the announcement clearly stating it to be out of EA ON GOG.

the post was 2 days ago

this plus the reviews you mentioned actually killed my freshly sparked interest in the game instead of making me buy it.
Post edited August 19, 2024 by HM-432
HM-432: honestly i saw the 'out of early access' announcement yesterday and got interested in the game.
I have the game here, and can confirm the game is out of early access. It has now reached its 1.0 release.
Attachments:
Seems like a decent game on the surface. But a bit messy and a clear lack of developmental care, is off putting.

If RimWorld would remove the mental problems it enforces on characters, over every tiny problem. That would be a gold standard to compare to games like Odd Realm.

edit= typos
Post edited August 19, 2024 by Shmacky-McNuts
Shmacky-McNuts: Seems like a decent game on the surface. But a bit messy and a clear lack of developmental care, is off putting.

If RimWorld would remove the mental problems it enforces on characters, over every tiny problem. That would be a gold standard to compare to games like Odd Realm.

edit= typos
Do I dare ask if this is some issue of the AI, or... something which would be considered a social trait?
Shmacky-McNuts: Seems like a decent game on the surface. But a bit messy and a clear lack of developmental care, is off putting.

edit= typos
dnovraD: Do I dare ask if this is some issue of the AI, or... something which would be considered a social trait?
Been busy offline....anyway.

As far as I gather, the mental fragility in RimWorld is functioning as intended. Which is also a long standing complaint about the game.