It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A very interesting expansion just landed on the No Man’s Sky space pad. The Desolation update introduces the remains of hastily abandoned freighters float adrift through space. Explorations of these derelict ships will give you great rewards… or put you in danger!

To dive into this new update you can buy No Man’s Sky on GOG.COM with a 50% discount until 20th July 2020, 1 PM UTC.
high rated
New content, interesting to see what Devs give to play.
May open this one back up and try again. They're really pouring a lot of new content into this game.
These consistant updates have me thinking I need to boot this up again, see what's there to explore since the last time I played.
Cue the "they messed up at launch and I will never forgive them" posts.

I have been spending a lot of time with this since the crossplay update (increased my play time from slightly below 200h to nearly 300h). Can't wait to boot it up again and see what's new.

Edit:
- Salvage Auto-Expanding Freighter Modules from derelicts and graft additional inventory space onto your capital ship’s cargo hold.
- Freighter storage boxes can now be accessed directly from the inventory screen tabs.

So.... much.... QoL...
Post edited July 17, 2020 by huan
high rated
huan: Cue the "they messed up at launch and I will never forgive them" posts.
I think all the complainers have realized it's not cool to pick on NMS anymore and hasn't been for a while.

If you haven't seen it, Internet Historian's video on Youtube "The Engoodening of No Man's Sky" is worth the watch for the story about how it launched so badly and then how Hello Games turned it all around. The contrast of No Man's Sky's free updates against Fallout 76 where Bethesda keeps coming up with new ways extract more money from players as they disappoint them is almost comical.
Post edited July 17, 2020 by SpacemanSpiffed
Man, this game seemes to have improved a lot since it launched.
Hey I've got an open mind. I just downloaded the game and re-installed and I'm ready to go! I'm actually pretty excited they say they punched up the combat. All I gotta do is choose the difficulty and...

...crash to desktop. Every time. And according to the forums I'm not the only one.

Same old game I remember.
MischiefMaker: Hey I've got an open mind. I just downloaded the game and re-installed and I'm ready to go! I'm actually pretty excited they say they punched up the combat. All I gotta do is choose the difficulty and...

...crash to desktop. Every time. And according to the forums I'm not the only one.

Same old game I remember.
yeah, I bought the game today and got the CTD experience. first I thought it's because of WINE, but this seems to be happening on windows too. I hope they patch it soon so I can finally experience this game
high rated
This is an example of why GOG should allow users to edit their game reviews.
*checks the screens & patchnote* pfff... ScoobyDoos Shaggy body type is still the most feminine :P

Looks like some nice additions otherwise though.

In case anyone wants to check the patch notes: https://www.nomanssky.com/desolation-update/
It's probably my favourite "zen" game of just chilling and relaxing while exploring space or the universe and not really having a specific goal in mind. Great game.
Got to say, it’s am impressed with the level of support this game gets. If I look at most other games on the market, this would have all been dlc (paradox, Ubisoft), or user content (Bethesda).
I think I will have to buy it!
SpacemanSpiffed: I think all the complainers have realized it's not cool to pick on NMS anymore and hasn't been for a while.

If you haven't seen it, Internet Historian's video on Youtube "The Engoodening of No Man's Sky" is worth the watch for the story about how it launched so badly and then how Hello Games turned it all around. The contrast of No Man's Sky's free updates against Fallout 76 where Bethesda keeps coming up with new ways extract more money from players as they disappoint them is almost comical.
Oh HG deserve praise, no doubt, but at the same time, this was a matter of survival for HG. They'd only really put out one game of note, Joe Danger, prior to this, and NEEDED to improve their reputation. I'm actually curious as to what their next game will be like. Hopefully it'll be complete from the start and won't require quite as much effort to salvage.
SpacemanSpiffed: I think all the complainers have realized it's not cool to pick on NMS anymore and hasn't been for a while.

That was a fun watch