It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Let's celebrate GOG’s 13th anniversary with a special birthday party full of gaming deals, exciting releases, and collections of titles recommended by the members of our team!

Here are some details about the guests attending our anniversary party:

· Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain (-10%) – a once-forgotten classic, now back on modern PCs, giving you a unique chance to experience the beginning of the Nosgoth saga once more!! Before playing, be sure to check out our article about the game.

· Elvira: Mistress of the Dark (-10%) and Elvira II: The Jaws of Cerberus (-10%) – this vintage scare combo of games from the cult horror series is coming back to give you chills of excitement.

· Over 100 cool gaming deals with discounts reaching 90%, all ready to help you get into the festive mood. Moreover, we have 13 game collections with engaging titles recommended by members of our team!

Don’t hesitate and make sure to join us in the celebration before GOG’s special Anniversary Party and all of its discounts end on 6th October 2021, at 1 PM UTC.
Haha, no.

Remove Hitman from the store (until IOI fix it so progression works offline).

SmollestLight: As for the other discussion, please move the conversation about Hitman to the appropriate thread, or to private messages.
The subjects are intertwined. How can I celebrate anything when you're actively selling a single player game which arbitrarily locks single player progression online? If one thing you sell has DRM then anything you sell might have DRM. This is a funeral, not a birthday party.
Post edited September 29, 2021 by my name is supyreor catte
Gently pointing at Disco Elysium... The game reached a price in which I consider to torture myself with an English dictionary in the other hand... ;)
Bankai9212: As far as hitman 2016 goes there isn't much they can do besides remove the game from sale.
Correct. The question is why they haven't done so.
low rated
Everyone gets more right-wing as they get older ;)
It has been an interesting ride. I'd say the first half was quite enjoyable. Sadly, my interests have waned.
Happy anniversary!
high rated
I'm going to hold off celebrating until you explain why Hitman GOTY has DRM-FREE slapped on it's store page. That's a very reasonable request, and I have no intention of budging until you come clean.

Thanks.
high rated
WTF!!?? Hitman has DRM? I wouldn't have bought the game if I knew that in advance.

Is GOG going partial DRM these days? Because I would have liked a better warning than having to read it here.

Just asked for a refund. I buy games here because I want them DRM free and wouldn't have done so otherwise.
Post edited September 29, 2021 by dgnfly
Good time to release the rest of those Tomb Raider games.

Happy Anniversary
high rated
my name is supyreor catte: If one thing you sell has DRM then anything you sell might have DRM.
And making it even harder to get excited about this anniversary, I feel that your logic goes even further:

In theory, what's to stop anything we already own from receiving "innovative" updates that "improve" our games to where they will now require online connection. Is this possibility unrealistic? For most games I would say it is unrealistic. But that's the thing, we just don't know and can't have trust at this point.

Many, many pages ago in the Hitman GOTY thread, I demanded GOG assure us that at least our existing games would be SAFE from online requirements being added in. I would think that is the least that they could be doing to celebrate DRM-free gaming, but that's just me (and others boycotting to various degrees)...
Happy anniversary, thirteen is a good number, always gave me luck to me, hope this year will be good for everyone.
high rated
joppo: Nobody expects Gog to do IOI's work for them.
We just expect Gog will do their own job of enforcing their own guidelines, i.e. pulling the game from sale and telling IOI it will be welcomed with open arms as soon as all the DRM has been purged.
Bankai9212: The last part of this IOI never had any intention of releasing without online progression. Meaning GOG telling them this means it would never release and like 2016 itself no one would care.
If IOI has no intention of removing the DRM from this game it is no different from many EA, Ubisoft, Microsoft, Rockstar, Bandai Namco, Konami, Sony, japanese SquareEnix (et cetera) games, which all have one thing in common other than being full of DRM and that is that they're not being sold here.

I also think that IOI would find it too much hassle for the expected return. If they do, fine. Then the game simply isn't fit for a DRM-free store.
Post edited September 29, 2021 by joppo
I'm impressed you got Street Racing Syndicate, it's got licensed manufacturers after all. A definite purchase for me.
Bankai9212: The last part of this IOI never had any intention of releasing without online progression. Meaning GOG telling them this means it would never release and like 2016 itself no one would care.
joppo: If IOI has no intention of removing the DRM from this game it is no different from many EA, Ubisoft, Microsoft, Rockstar, Bandai Namco, Konami, Sony, japanese SquareEnix (et cetera) games, which all have one thing in common other than being full of DRM and that is that they're not being sold here.

I also think that IOI would find it too much hassle for the expected return. If they do, fine. Then the game simply isn't fit for a DRM-free store.
Is GOG still a DRM-free store? Seems to be a question mark at this point.
Awesome :D finally Blood Omen

also Elvira <3 (although the games are allegedly weirdly difficult and have next to no Elvira in them :D)