It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
emme: Although I can't prove it (as the thought never occurred to me, that I should take a screenshot of the page or save it somehow), I happened to check the store very early after Hitman was released, within a few minutes. At the time, it did not have any disclaimer about online-only contents on the store page at all.

I believe it was added within half an hour or so (around when the staff member posted the same information in the news thread), but having carefully read over the store page multiple times for any tricks or catches, I purchased the game believing that it would indeed be DRM-free, like the sidebar text says.
Actually, you can -- go check the very first capture; there's no disclaimer anywhere.
emme:
emme: Although I can't prove it (as the thought never occurred to me, that I should take a screenshot of the page or save it somehow), I happened to check the store very early after Hitman was released, within a few minutes. At the time, it did not have any disclaimer about online-only contents on the store page at all.

I believe it was added within half an hour or so (around when the staff member posted the same information in the news thread), but having carefully read over the store page multiple times for any tricks or catches, I purchased the game believing that it would indeed be DRM-free, like the sidebar text says.
HypersomniacLive: Actually, you can -- go check the very first capture; there's no disclaimer anywhere.
I believe what HSL was trying indirectly to link to, before the GOG forum ate up his link, is this:
https://web.archive.org/web/20210922132840/www.gog.com/game/hitman_game_of_the_year_edition

Indeed no disclaimer.
Post edited September 28, 2021 by mrkgnao
high rated
MysterD: About who would buy Hitman on GOG
Leszek38: Me. l Normally I would wait for better discount, but after readding the reviews I have bought it right away, least it will be taken out of the shop :-)
The thing is, I don't have Steam accout, and not planning geting one. But I like Hitman series. This always online thingy being just a minor inconvenience for me.
it isnt minor at all, a huge part of the game requires online.
darthspudius: I dread to think what kind of lives you all have that makes this is sooo important.
says the guy that has been here for a decade. god forbid someone wants to actually own the things they pay for.
Post edited September 28, 2021 by Truth007
mrkgnao: I believe what HSL was trying indirectly to link to, before the GOG forum ate up his link, is this:
https://web.archive.org/web/20210922132840/www.gog.com/game/hitman_game_of_the_year_edition

Indeed no disclaimer.
Arrgh, I forgot that the forum code hates web archive links; cheers.