It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The price difference of Cyberpunk 2077 is 8 USD, or 7.87 USD to be precise, in Steams favor. Why is the difference so high? I thought it would be cheaper on GOG since Cyberpunk 2077 and GOG is under the same company "umbrella" so to speak.

Also, is it possible to change my currency to NOK on GOG? All I can see is USD, Euro, and SEK.
This question / problem has been solved by MadalinStroeimage
Toothface: The price difference of Cyberpunk 2077 is 8 USD, or 7.87 USD to be precise, in Steams favor. Why is the difference so high? I thought it would be cheaper on GOG since Cyberpunk 2077 and GOG is under the same company "umbrella" so to speak.
It must have something to do with the exchange rates. Have you tried using € as a currency. On my system, using euro, there's parity between GOG and STEAM: 59.99€
Toothface: Also, is it possible to change my currency to NOK on GOG? All I can see is USD, Euro, and SEK.
I don't know all the currencies that GOG handles, but unless they implemented NOK, you won't be able to use it directly.

EDIT: Well I did some searching and I've discovered this, which indicates that NOK should be available. However, since the site only allows you to select SEK, it must be incorrectly identifying your location.
Post edited December 17, 2020 by MadalinStroe
Toothface: The price difference of Cyberpunk 2077 is 8 USD, or 7.87 USD to be precise, in Steams favor. Why is the difference so high? I thought it would be cheaper on GOG since Cyberpunk 2077 and GOG is under the same company "umbrella" so to speak.
MadalinStroe: It must have something to do with the exchange rates. Have you tried using € as a currency. On my system, using euro, there's parity between GOG and STEAM: 59.99€
Toothface: Also, is it possible to change my currency to NOK on GOG? All I can see is USD, Euro, and SEK.
MadalinStroe: I don't know all the currencies that GOG handles, but unless they implemented NOK, you won't be able to use it directly.

EDIT: Well I did some searching and I've discovered this, which indicates that NOK should be available. However, since the site only allows you to select SEK, it must be incorrectly identifying your location.
On my system I see 61.39 Euro on GOG, which matches the price difference like before.
And although my location is set to Norway, i still only see USD, Euro, and SEK.
I usually use a VPN, but even after turning it off the issue persists. Very strange. I dunno what to make of this!
Perhaps I have to contact support?
Toothface: On my system I see 61.39 Euro on GOG, which matches the price difference like before.
I usually use a VPN, but even after turning it off the issue persists. Very strange. I dunno what to make of this!
You could also try cleaning your browser cache, or logging in from a new browser opera/edge/firefox/internet explorer/chrome with which you haven't browsed the internet before, to see if it correctly identifies your currency then.

About the 1.39euro difference, I know that even the euro region is actually split into two regions(I think it's "central" and "eastern"), so maybe that's where the difference comes from, but I don't know...

However, unless this thread gets more traction, and somebody else from the community can explain this issue, then only support could give a definitive answer.
Post edited December 18, 2020 by MadalinStroe
Are you sure? When I set prices in EU on this site the game is at 54.4 Euro... (Eller 579 Kroner.)
Toothface: I usually use a VPN, but even after turning it off the issue persists. Very strange. I dunno what to make of this!
Just so you know, some IP addresses are registered wrong depending on the provider and region. I've had norwegian IP through VPN in the past that some registered as Russian several time f.ex., so no, they're not always accurate.
Post edited December 18, 2020 by sanscript
59.99€ on GOG, Steam, and Epic.
Toothface: On my system I see 61.39 Euro on GOG, which matches the price difference like before.
MadalinStroe: You could also try cleaning your browser cache, or logging in from a new browser opera/edge/firefox/internet explorer/chrome with which you haven't browsed the internet before, to see if it correctly identifies your currency then.

About the 1.39euro difference, I know that even the euro region is actually split into two regions(I think it's "central" and "eastern"), so maybe that's where the difference comes from, but I don't know...

However, unless this thread gets more traction, and somebody else from the community can explain this issue, then only support could give a definitive answer.
Fixed!
There was definitely something going on with the cache/cookies/browserthingamajig.
Tried a different browser and everything was as it should be, so I deleted everything about gog from my main browser, logged in without a VPN and changed my settings. After that I also enabled the VPN, and the new settings are still enabled.
Seems like something just got stuck and needed a bit of a manual repair.