It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Picked up Desert to Sea Bundle for Spec Ops and will gift Bioshock to a friend. I'm basically basing my purchase on your constant ravings, orcishgamer. You'd better be right about that game!

And... Galaxy on Fire 2 HD is $0.99/£0.69 on iTunes down from $10.
GoJays2025: Picked up Desert to Sea Bundle for Spec Ops and will gift Bioshock to a friend. I'm basically basing my purchase on your constant ravings, orcishgamer. You'd better be right about that game!

Do you get one key, or three keys?

I already have all three games, but I could use Steam backups of Bioshock 1 + 2 and Spec Ops for a friend.
GoJays2025: Picked up Desert to Sea Bundle for Spec Ops and will gift Bioshock to a friend. I'm basically basing my purchase on your constant ravings, orcishgamer. You'd better be right about that game!

SimonG: Do you get one key, or three keys?

I already have all three games, but I could use Steam backups of Bioshock 1 + 2 and Spec Ops for a friend.
You get keys for each individual game, so 3 keys. This is how Amazon has always operated to my knowledge.
GameStop / Impulse :

Crysis® 2 Maximum Edition $9.99 ( Origin )
Nancy Drew® Collection ( 23 games ) $29.59
Post edited August 27, 2012 by ne_zavarj
I bought the X-Com games at Direct2Drive, but ever since they got swallowed up by Gamefly, the downloads are gone. >:|
Out of curiosity, how're the rest of the X-Com games after the first? Whenever anyone raves about it, I've never heard any of the other games mentioned.
Gazoinks: Out of curiosity, how're the rest of the X-Com games after the first? Whenever anyone raves about it, I've never heard any of the other games mentioned.
X-Com 2 (TFD) - very similar to the first with the difficulty ramped up to over 9000.
Apocalypse - smaller scale, but more interactions with factions in dense urban environments (raid the police HQ? easy!). A lot of close quarters combat, with an option to run it in real time.
Interceptor - same strategic gameplay (build bases, hire people, research), but tactical combat was replaced by a fairly generic space sim.
Enforcer - shit.
Gazoinks: Out of curiosity, how're the rest of the X-Com games after the first? Whenever anyone raves about it, I've never heard any of the other games mentioned.
In my opinion...
Terror from the Deep (#2) was good, but was pretty much a copy of the first one except even harder.
Apocalypse (#3) was interesting in that it tried to insert a bunch of new elements into the series, including the real-time combat option. Unfortunately not all of the changes are for the better, and while still a pretty good game, not nearly as good as the original.
Interceptor (#4) is a space shooter that utilizes a similar strategic gameplay (base building, researching, manufacturing, etc) as the previous games, except this time combat takes place in space obviously. It's an interesting concept, but you might get bored of the same-ish missions after a while.
Enforcer (#5) is a generic 3rd person shooter. Nothing to see there.
Just checked out X-Com: Enforcer thinking it was the 3D FPS strategy game, but it looks like that one was cancelled. I remember seeing all these screens in magazines back in the day.
http://www.unseen64.net/2011/01/20/x-com-alliance-pc-cancelled/
SimonG: Do you get one key, or three keys?

GoJays2025: You get keys for each individual game, so 3 keys. This is how Amazon has always operated to my knowledge.
Confirmed separate key for each game. Awesome bundle for Spec Ops :)
Gazoinks: I hear the XCom games are good, right? Would it make me a bad gamer to not pick up the collection for 3.75?
The first two are great. Anything thats after that is only so - so...
Post edited August 27, 2012 by nijuu
Terror from the Deep: More of the same, but a lot harder. I suspect that the main reason why people don't talk as much about this one is because they simply can't get anywhere in it. Also, apart from difficulty related things, everything said about this game can also be said about the original.
Apocalypse: This one has a loyal fan following, and while the majority seem to think that the first one is better, there are still a lot of people out there who find this one to be better.
Interceptor: An interesting concept, combine the strategic elements from the original X-com with a space combat game. Not bad, but not as memorable as Apocalypse and the original game.
Enforcer: Generic 3rd person shooter with a bad camera & annoying voice actors. A bad game. Not funny-bad though.
TFTD is pretty much the first one under water and with the difficulty ramped up to eleven.

Apocalypse is, imo, the best of the series. It caused one of the early "broken bases" in videogame history by changing "too much". But it has incredibly intelligent mechanics that make the strategic part just as much fun as the tactical part.

Interceptor was unique and worth a try. Great concept, lackluster execution.

And than there was no more X-Com game until those coming out this year. None. Nada. No other.
SimonG: TFTD is pretty much the first one under water and with the difficulty ramped up to eleven.

Apocalypse is, imo, the best of the series. It caused one of the early "broken bases" in videogame history by changing "too much". But it has incredibly intelligent mechanics that make the strategic part just as much fun as the tactical part.

Interceptor was unique and worth a try. Great concept, lackluster execution.

And than there was no more X-Com game until those coming out this year. None. Nada. No other.
Hah, I guess I shouldn't try TFTD for a long, long time then. I'm having enough trouble in the first on the easiest difficulty. xD

Anyway, thanks for the info, everyone. Now I'm curious how the knew X-Com game is going to shape up. :)
I have a bad bad feeling about the new one from Firaxis. They have the talent but it looks to me they are focused on making this as much as possible a mass market game with dumbing down many things about it. It's still turn based but no action points, you can only have one base, etc. I am not waiting much from it.

I still have fun with the first one and Apocalypse which are my favourite. I like the second one, missions on cruise liners! but the difficulty setting is somewhere around impossible and get out of here!
ajsultan: Amazon's Labor Day sale has started:

Desert to Sea Bundle: $19.99 (all Steam)
- Spec Ops: The Line
- Bioshock
- Bioshock 2
wELl, this has made me fat in the ole pants dept.