It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
[This is a sticky post, it will be visible in every single page of this thread. It has been published in October 2020.]

Our moderation team decided not to take a side in the discussion since this giveaway thread was created by the community and, as long as there are no forum rules violated, is up to you, dear Gogers, to decide its fate. We will not set giveaway rules, edit the OP's post, nor lock the whole thread.

However, to make it easier for newcomers to understand the situation (about the OP being inactive and other), I will stick my own post right above the first one.

You are, of course, free to create new threads to start anew and make your own, clear rules. At the same time, please stay reasonable when crating them, as multiple new duplicates might make it even more confusing for many Gogers.

That being said, here you can find a post with dxenija's community poll to have better understanding of the situation: CLICK.

At the time of writing, open giveaway threads are:
- Massive Giveaways Blog
- Free (temporary) keys giveaway central topic. (this one)
- Updated Itch.io giveaways

Be nice to each other *flies away*
Post edited January 29, 2021 by ponczo_
TheDcoder: You will not get 3rd party ads in GOG itself, what's going to happen is GOG will sell your data to 3rd parties like Facebook, Microsoft, Google etc. so that they can track you and show ads on other websites.
Hmm... Can you tell me where GOG says they will "sell" our data?

Here is the description of giveaway:
By clicking the ‘Add to library’ button, I agree to receive marketing communications from GOG and CD PROJEKT on my email address and through GOG services and GOG’s Trusted Partners’ services, to get Shadows: Awakening. See our Privacy policy.
And here is what I can see in options:
Marketing communications through Trusted Partners’ services

We will use our Trusted Partners services (such as Google Ads and Meta ads - see the list and more details here) to send you marketing communications about cool stuff happening on GOG, tailored to your interests. Keep in mind unchecking this does not mean you would not never receive any GOG ad - they will just be less tailored to your interests.
The only thing I can see and understand is: these "trusted parters" can be used to display GOG's own ads, not any 3rd party ones.
Lexor: The only thing I can see and understand is: these "trusted parters" can be used to display GOG's own ads, not any 3rd party ones.
I am not a lawyer, but if I go by the quoted terms, they have your consent to share your data with Google and Meta (Facebook) so that they can show you relevant ads related to your GOG.com activity.

I am not sure what they're on about with "to send you marketing communications ... tailored to your interests.".

In any case, it is clear that you have to opt-out in order to prevent your data from leaving GOG's servers, who knows what Google and Meta will do with it, they can't be trusted.
TheDcoder: In any case, it is clear that you have to opt-out in order to prevent your data from leaving GOG's servers, who knows what Google and Meta will do with it, they can't be trusted.
There isn't a single company that can be trusted when there is money involved.
high rated
TheDcoder: ...
I've created new thread to not continue our offtopic posts here.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/what_can_gog_do_with_my_data_after_i_enter_a_gogs_giveaway
Post edited June 22, 2024 by Lexor
TheDcoder: In any case, it is clear that you have to opt-out in order to prevent your data from leaving GOG's servers, who knows what Google and Meta will do with it, they can't be trusted.
solesurvivor83: There isn't a single company that can be trusted when there is money involved.
When money is involved in such a situation gog can do what their law does not prohibit. And as I understand gog is based in poland, so they (gog) must accomplish all laws in their country. If not users can sue the gog company and it will be punished for breaking the law.
Hi.

I miss last giveaway.

So, anyone have a Shadows awakening code to offer ?

Thanks.
TIRold: Hi.

I miss last giveaway.

So, anyone have a Shadows awakening code to offer ?

Thanks.
Check your chat.
solesurvivor83: There isn't a single company that can be trusted when there is money involved.
My_Acc-My_Fortress: When money is involved in such a situation gog can do what their law does not prohibit. And as I understand gog is based in poland, so they (gog) must accomplish all laws in their country. If not users can sue the gog company and it will be punished for breaking the law.
Can we take the data usage debate here where discussions belong:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/a_place_to_discuss_giveaways_epic_steam_ubisoft_and_all/page5
high rated
Islands of Iniight is free on Steam until tomorrow. It is also finally getting an offline mode. This is one of the best puzzle games made in a long, long time.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2071500/Islands_of_Insight/
high rated
Epic Games:

Sunless Skies: Sovereign Edition - Link

A Victorian-themed RPG gothic horror game that takes place in a universe with no sun.
It is roguelite and features a top-down view for almost the entire game.
As a skyfarer, you drive around in the foggy endless night skies with a locomotive.
You create your character, but also your backstory before you became a skyfarer.
Features character customization that is weaved into the game's storytelling mechanism.
Inspired by CS Lewis, Jules Verne, HP Lovecraft and HG Wells.
Exploration is the main gameplay.
You upgrade your locomotive and meet strangers.
Discovering the secrets of this dark world,
What kind of surprises awaits you?

Note: This game relies heavily on plot. I spent an hour reviewing the trailers and details, but the developers have kept mum about mostly everything. Play it to find out about this mysterious game. Very cleverly written by the devs.

Brief description from the storepage:
Sunless Skies: Sovereign Edition is the complete and definitive version of Sunless Skies. It incorporates the many additions made since launch – including new officers, enemies, engines, stories, and mascots, as well as a completely reworked region, a full steam mode for long journeys and desperate escapes, and the much-requested horn – as well as dozens of quality of life improvements.

Features single player mode only!.

Other ongoing giveaways:
Nothing at the moment

Next time: The Falconeer
Post edited 2 days ago by drxenija
/ᐠ - ˕ -マ Ⳋ☆☆☆☆★★★★★★★★☆☆☆☆☆☆ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ☆☆☆☆☆☆★★★★★★★★☆☆☆☆/ᐠ - ˕ -マ Ⳋ

Purrfect! After installation, Sunless Skies is DRM-free!
The game can run without the client active. No extra workaround needed!
Launch the exe file directly without resource hogging DRMs!

A atmospheric roguelite horror game that is DRM-free, what is there not to like? Meowtastic!

- Your giveaway side-paww