It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
trentonlf: Gift key for Myst secured for GetComposted
Good doggy! Here's your reward! ;-)
jamesmafyew: Someone JUST nabbed it. Sorry!
Crol3993: no probleme =)
What "nabbed" means?
It's like grabbed, taken, snatched, etc. Informal way of saying someone got to it very fast!
skymt: I know it was on for quite a while, but did anyone miss Deus Ex? (Hint, hint.)
evanmv13: yeah, I did. When exactly was it on? I was asleep 4 hours ago
About 10 hours ago? Anyway, check your PMs. :)
HypersomniacLive: Good doggy! Here's your reward! ;-)
Now that is doggy heaven LOL :-)
skeletonbow: That only works for people that believe in the existence of luck, for which I am not included. ;) It's all science and math for me. ;)

If you take 25 people at random and put them in a room together, there is a higher than 50% chance that two people will share the same birthday - a single day out of the year. (This is known as the Birthday Paradox) To the mind this seems highly improbable, much like a previous example I gave of having a lottery ticket with consecutive numbers on it. But the math is rock solid on this despite what our individual emotions and beliefs might be. It's all random chance.
Tarnicus: I love statistics, especially probability and was unaware of this! I love that your post is #13733, and that 33 is my lucky synchronistic number :)
If you love coincidences and math, then you're going to love this too... Here is the most annoying bug report that I had to deal with regularly from Red Hat bugzilla eons ago: Bug #73733. Note the bug ID number. :) The reason I remember this bug number some 10+ years later is that I looked at it almost every day forever or so it seemed, and "73" is a HAM radio code which is often used to close a conversation by HAMs and while I don't remember the precice meaning it is often used as a sort of "goodbye", and since the bug report was basically a "we don't support that, go away, thanks goodbye" bug funnel, I liked to think of the "7373" at the start of it as meaning "goodbye" or "goodbyes", and some colleagues were HAMs and thought that was pretty funny also. Is it a coincidence that my post was 13733 sharing 4 of 5 digits with that bug report? Luck? Miracle? $deity did it? Random nonsense coincidence? We may never know the answer to these things! Join us on next week's program where we discover... is it... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q4F-kvWY7A ;oP

On a side note, I don't have or believe in lucky numbers per se, but there is a number which I have observed frequently since I was 16 and it always catches my attention - 723. I've researched this phenomenon from a mathematical and psychological perspective and it is an interesting pattern matching thing the brain does despite it looking like a particular number appears often out of nowhere for those that experience it. Many people who experience or observe this often attribute it to being a lucky or unlucky number or some other significance, however I just think it is an interesting coincidence and feature of the human brain. Might or might not be similar to what you mention above. :) There is a book called "Phantoms of the Brain" which explores many such oddities of the brain which is just fascinating to read.
Tarnicus: Where can I get that special GOG-card that you seem to have? Widely accepted in any GOG.com store online :P
You already have it, a generous soul :-)
Shendue: At least they are not bats. I hate bats. Almost every single friggin videogame has them and they are always the most annoying enemies.
Most annoying enemies in Zelda? Bats. God of war? Bats. Castlevania? You guessed, bats.
I really hate those stupid bats.
toxicTom: Most be a console thing. I can't think of many PC games that have bats as enemies.
Diablo, Diablo 2, Inquisitor, Heretic, Injustice: Gods among us and most other games with Batman.
Legacy of Kain has this half bat half man character (ancient vampire) who is actually one of the nicer guys.
I think his name was Vorador.

I can't think of others atm though.
Post edited March 06, 2015 by Klumpen0815
Took a chance and purchased Myst. If for some reason it won't work on my system, I'll contact support.

Besides, it will be strange to have picked up Riven without the part that goes before, though I don't recall that the storylines really depend on each other or not.
aspower: Thanks for the recommendation. It looks good, but I'm afraid to play it for risk of spoiling the story, since I've never played the first two games in the series. Keeping it in the Gift Hopper until I decide whether to play or not. I've actually only had one other Critical hit, and it was for Freedom Planet which I had no interest in. Unfortunately, I was so excited that I got a free game, I clicked the "redeem" button before realizing that I could gift it. Sent in a help ticket.
LiefLayer: They told me that the author of the game wrote here that the game includes a recap
It does contain a recap in form of a short movie but the story of Dreamfall is too big to grasp it fully by watching such short movie. However the game does work without nowing anything about the prequel(s).
Klumpen0815: *fg* Notice the mouse pad:
https://i.imgur.com/We2wqYq.jpg
Tarnicus: You mean that the mouse perched upon it is eyeing off your food? :P
My food?
aspower: Thanks for the recommendation. It looks good, but I'm afraid to play it for risk of spoiling the story, since I've never played the first two games in the series. Keeping it in the Gift Hopper until I decide whether to play or not. I've actually only had one other Critical hit, and it was for Freedom Planet which I had no interest in. Unfortunately, I was so excited that I got a free game, I clicked the "redeem" button before realizing that I could gift it. Sent in a help ticket.
toxicTom: Little misunderstanding ;-)

I meant you can't go wrong with buying the first two, if you like adventures. I don't know about Dreamfall Chapters - if it can hold up to its predecessors.
Oh, then I also misunderstood. Forget my posting regarding this (wherever it is - still reading).
Crol3993: no probleme =)
What "nabbed" means?
jamesmafyew: It's like grabbed, taken, snatched, etc. Informal way of saying someone got to it very fast!
Nobbed and snatched? Don't just grab and take her man, give her a kiss!
Crol3993: is real myst different from myst? which one is better?
Real Myst is a remake. It has better controls, real-time 3D graphics, and additional content. It got positive reviews, but I remember the original developers were not involved with it and weren't happy with the changes and additions. There's also a remake of the remake called Real Myst: Masterpiece Edition with slightly better graphics.

ajensen: I'm interested in Myst, but a few reviews state that it doesn't work with Windows 7. Is this true? If so, I can't play it...
It works fine for me on Win7 64-bit, but I haven't played it all the way through because it always stumps me.
If I ever start my own company, the only people I'm going to hire are people who are good at Myst.

I'll be in the Fortune 500 within the 1st year. :D
toxicTom: Most be a console thing. I can't think of many PC games that have bats as enemies.
Klumpen0815: Diablo, Diablo 2, Inquisitor, Heretic, Injustice: Gods among us and most other games with Batman.
Legacy of Kain has this half bat half man character (ancient vampire) who is actually one of the nicer guys.
I think his name was Vorador.

I can't think of others atm though.
Nox! How the hell could you forget about that game in this particular thread???