It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

anyone know what left coming up?
I really wanted Tie Fighter, and the AVG nerd movie, but I can't stay up any longer. If either of these come up while I'm asleep could someone grab them for me? I can PayPal the cost.
opticq: Who wants Rayman Origins?
Tarnicus: It looks gorgeous but my better half is the platform enthusiast generally, not me, and we have enough games to last a lifetime. Very nice to offer it openly like that :)
I'm not much for platformers but I highly suggest you try it out. Its fluid and punchy and it has great multiplayer
Post edited March 06, 2015 by opticq
And for my last creepy prediction before I go to bed: The next 2 games in the seasoned category will be the following
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin (-80%)
Little Big Adventure 2 (-75%)

Not necessarily in that order

*Sniff* Goodbye Nexus I will miss thee when you show up after I've fallen into dreamland.
warpax: anyone know what left coming up?
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/double_insomnia_tracker_thread/post11324
Post edited March 06, 2015 by MissFable
Gnostic: It says here that female PC gamers also outnumber males.
djdarko: I don't believe any of that for a second.

Almost every guy I've ever met has liked video games, even jocks. On the otherhand I've known 2 girl gamers, they were both chubby chicks that liked RPGs.

But hey, don't take my word for it, ask yourself what the ratio of girl to guy gamers you know in real life.
It is fairly even in my life. I have known far more guys to game more intensely than women, and the ratio of males to females in MMORPGs (the main games I have played in the past 15 years) definitely have a higher ratio.

This gorgeous monkey games far more intensely than I do :)
Gnostic: It says here that female PC gamers also outnumber males.

Almost every guy I've ever met has liked video games, even jocks. On the otherhand I've known 2 girl gamers, they were both chubby chicks that liked RPGs.

But hey, don't take my word for it, ask yourself what the ratio of girl to guy gamers you know in real life.
I imagine that men play more video games socially (men seem to play games often when they hang out) whereas women who play games tend to play alone. To some degree, men are almost all gamers since it would be weird to go to hang out with friends and be the only guy who isn't joining in on the fun.

Also, perhaps the women that you know hide their love of gaming since they don't want you thinking of them as "chubby chicks that like RPGs."
MissFable: It is usually best (and more accurate) to view it as less of a scale (more or less autistic) and more like an Ice cream sundae bar; every person with autism has a different combination of challenges and symptom. There are some generalizations that are functionally accurate but not every one of them is applicable in every person on the Autism spectrum. And I'm going to stop before I start going any further into rant/extrapolation mode.
As someone on the spectrum who also has two autistic children with vastly different functionalities, I have to say this is a very good post :)

penumbren: Funny. I've been a gamer since age 11, and last I looked I was female. Chubby, even, at this point in my life - does it invalidate me if I point out that I was skinny when younger and yet still gamed, on both PC and console? And not just RPGs.

I suspect that the 50% is not actually incorrect. I know an awful lot of female gamers, of all ages, but I think most of them are reluctant to admit it to guys because of the rampant stereotyping/sexism they expect for it. I can't imagine why. -.-
Cool. I'm just going by people I've known personally. Everyone on this site is not only a gamer but a PC gamer, so don't act like that's some kind of coincidence. lol

Have you perhaps considered that most female gamers are avoiding you?
Jenkinz: I have the exact same situation, my girlfriend is a full on Skyrim and Assassins buff, but I've never played more than a few hours of each
Ah Skyrim, that is one of her favourites, as is the Borderlands trilogy. Thanks to her, I have diversified my gaming tastes to more than just RPGs and turn-based strategy, and I blame her entirely for us having a massive collection of games now. All I need to do to feed by buying addiction is to sit down with her and watch gameplay videos and say "Do you like that?" and BAM! our collection continues to grow. When I met her my Steam collection was at maybe 25 games. Now it is over 1200!! My GOG collection has grown too but nowhere near as swiftly as she isn't that interested in old games, where as I have quite a nostalgic streak.

Vinter in Hollywood - Balls Does anyone know where the sample is from at the beginning of this track? I wonder where my balls are sometimes :P
Missed Sam & Max all three times. It was up every time when it was the middle of the night for me and I was sleeping... *sigh*

penumbren: Funny. I've been a gamer since age 11, and last I looked I was female. Chubby, even, at this point in my life - does it invalidate me if I point out that I was skinny when younger and yet still gamed, on both PC and console? And not just RPGs.

I suspect that the 50% is not actually incorrect. I know an awful lot of female gamers, of all ages, but I think most of them are reluctant to admit it to guys because of the rampant stereotyping/sexism they expect for it. I can't imagine why. -.-
Yes you cannot be considered a female if you have more than 6% body fat, didn't you know? :P I was reading back on your taste in games earlier in this thread when catching up, and we have very similar nostalgic tastes :)

MissFable: Have you perhaps considered that most female gamers are avoiding you?
They can avoid me all they want, I'm taken. :-)
Tarnicus: It is fairly even in my life. I have known far more guys to game more intensely than women, and the ratio of males to females in MMORPGs (the main games I have played in the past 15 years) definitely have a higher ratio.

This gorgeous monkey games far more intensely than I do :)
That's an interesting observation. I wonder if it depends on the situation - how well people know each other, online or in RL, what game, etc. For instance, I've played WoW for almost eight years, and in that time, the guild I've been in has been probably evenly split between the sexes or leaned toward female-heavy.

djdarko: Cool. I'm just going by people I've known personally. Everyone on this site is not only a gamer but a PC gamer, so don't act like that's some kind of coincidence. lol
Cool. I'm going by what I know personally, too. I didn't say anything was a coincidence, but that your observation is extremely limited at best. Also, that women who game have to put up with a lot of assholes. It's kind of funny to me, too, that I haven't (generally) seen women saying things like they only know "skinny jerks who like FPS."
Tarnicus: It looks gorgeous but my better half is the platform enthusiast generally, not me, and we have enough games to last a lifetime. Very nice to offer it openly like that :)
opticq: I'm not much for platformers but I highly suggest you try it out. Its fluid and punchy and it has great multiplayer
Multiplayer doesn't interest me for most games, which is ironic given my passion in gaming has been MMORPGs. My other half will probably be home before it is over. I'll see if the trick of "Hey what do you think of this?" works lol