It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

SWAN!
Leroux: Still no Q.U.B.E. and 500 (!) copies of FTL instead? O_o
Shendue: I feel your pain, it's the last game between me and sleep. And God knows if i need it, i basically slept a grand total of 10-11 hrs in the last 3 days.
Why is GOG.com tormenting us like that?
Getcomposted: Repeat to yourself, "The odds are increasing. The odds are increasing. 1-in-4 the next Fresh game will be The Last Federation.1-in-4. 1-in-4"

Gah. *flops alongside you* Solidarity, my brother. Solidarity.
My mantra of sanity.

I need my life back. I need my tablet back. There's comics that need reading and new episodes of Agents of SHIELD that need watching.

MarkoH01: Oh I do. I wanted to play my Outcast (retail) copy and didn't manage to do it. I've searched the internet and stumbled on a HD patch which only works with the GOG version. Outcast was the only game for years on my shelf until I discovered the Tex Murphy games and then it went pretty quick.
Funny you say that; my very first GOG purchase seems to be the first 2 Tex Murphy games. (As in Mean Streets and Martian Memorandum.)
Lecterl: Hummm....I passed on:

SHADOWRUN RETURNS,
GABRIEL KNIGHT: SINS OF THE FATHERS – 20TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION, and
SHADOWS: HERETIC KINGDOMS.

Are they really that good?

Plus can someone explain what they mean on a critical hit?
There's a random (and rare) chance that the first time only you click on the Buy button for a game in the Insomnia sale that you'll get a "Critical Hit" and get it for free.
xep624: Why is GOG.com tormenting us like that?
It's for THE GREATER GOOD
Shendue: I've heard about it from a co-worker. I told him that i collected old videogames and he told me about the site. I answered him that i disliked digital distribution, since i have a thing for original boxes, but ended up subscribing anyway just to grab the free games. Actually, i think i didn' actually buy anything for more than a year.
Then, i found about sales and pretty much converted to the dark side. Including those i just bought in this very sale, i have 296 games in my library now. I have a very feeble will when it comes to discounted prices, i guess.
Getcomposted: IIRC, I was looking for Lure of the Temptress and Beneath a Steel Sky, and I happened on an article about a new games site that had them - for FREE!
I don't recall exactly what led me here in 2012. All I remember is having some extra money to spend on some cheap games, and I stumbled upon this site during its Thanksgiving sale. Got a bunch of indie titles from it, like To the Moon, Torchlight, Botanicula, Gemini Rue, and more. I was hooked from that moment on. :)
goplanet: You want to throw in a case of gonorrhea while you're at it?
sztihamer: Well the new game is not on GOG unfortunately... :(
Got you covered. Will PM the code.
Alright I caved and bought Tomb Raider + Glidos
Anaxphone: If it's all for the Greater Good. (Stop saying that!) it must be Hot Fuzz.
trentonlf: THE GREATER GOOD
THE GREATER GOOD
THE GREATER GOOD
The most nicely sounding but ultimately the most evil saying on this planet.
Tarnicus: I'm not a fan of them either but they can be a valuable survival food, IF you know how to identify them, which can be difficult as sometimes the only differences can be seen on a spore print under magnification. If any of you happen to play my post-apocalyptic game-book (hopefully the first of a series) when it is complete, here is a tip! Amanita muscaria mushrooms can save your life, regardless of what you read in survival books! Fortunately this information is becoming more wide-spread, however many older text list them as deadly. They are not, especially when prepared correctly. They are starting to come up in my area now as Autumn/Fall is here. Boil them for 10 minutes. Drink the water for a psychoactive effect (at your own risk) as that converts the ibotenic acid to muscimol, the "high" and leaves the flesh safely edible :)

The nicest mushrooms to eat in the mountains are Saffron Milk Caps. I don't really like mushrooms but these are pretty nice raw. Masses of people drive 2 hours from Sydney every year to harvest them.
xep624: BTW: I was told that mushroom picking in Australia is illegal... That's what I was told by mate in Victoria... In Victoria there aren't many wild mushrooms, and kangaroos seem to like them. Saffron milk caps fried on butter are just freaking amazing!!
Picking mushrooms containing i.e. "magic mushrooms" are illegal here, and one can be charged under an archaic law for attempted manslaughter (unsure of any actual cases, but that is the commonly held belief) if one is caught supplying them, which is pretty ridiculous as they cannot possibly kill someone. What someone does when on them is another matter. They are good medicine for some and too intense for many. There has been a lot of research on their positive effects for [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psilocybin#Medical_research]depression, cluster and migraine headaches in more enlightened countries.

I am positive that they cured mine when I was 16. I used to get headaches so badly as a teenager, after a fall at 13 where I had insomnia and lost memory for at least 2 weeks, to the extent where I was positive I had a brain tumour. A massive dose of them and I never had those headaches again. I found this information out at an ethnobotanical conference in 2007, held in Victoria. There are tons of mushrooms in Victoria, both psychoactive and edible. The key is knowing the seasons and growing conditions for each species :)
Lecterl: Hummm....I passed on:

SHADOWRUN RETURNS,
GABRIEL KNIGHT: SINS OF THE FATHERS – 20TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION, and
SHADOWS: HERETIC KINGDOMS.

Are they really that good?

Plus can someone explain what they mean on a critical hit?
mailman27: Critical hit is when you click the button to buy the game but it shows up as free.
WTF! That's retarded how come I haven't seen a free one yet? Are critical hits that rare? Or can you literally click back and forth until it shows up free if you have plenty of time to decide?
mailman27: Critical hit is when you click the button to buy the game but it shows up as free.
Lecterl: WTF! That's retarded how come I haven't seen a free one yet? Are critical hits that rare? Or can you literally click back and forth until it shows up free if you have plenty of time to decide?
it only happens on the first click on a game. So if you didn't get it the first time, no luck!
sztihamer: Well the new game is not on GOG unfortunately... :(
ormaybemidgets: Got you covered. Will PM the code.
You are a lifesaver! I will go find that Tomb Raider code for you as I promised!
Lecterl: WTF! That's retarded how come I haven't seen a free one yet? Are critical hits that rare? Or can you literally click back and forth until it shows up free if you have plenty of time to decide?
You have one chance per game.
I tried every game I've seen and was only lucky after 2.5 days of trying and it was a very cheap game I already had. ;)
Some had ridiculous luck with multiple really expensive titles though.
Post edited March 06, 2015 by Klumpen0815
No. There is a chance for a critical hit once per deal. I've tried since the start of the promo and didn't get any critical hit.

Edit: And i'm slow again. *sigh*
Post edited March 06, 2015 by ElTerprise