It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

goplanet: Is "press the thumbs" the German equivalent of crossing one's fingers?
helpo1: Yes, but not just the German. Though, we hold them here instead.
The "hold" version exists in German as well - I think it's a regional thing, though I'm not sure where exactly each version is more prevalent.
Lemon_Curry: Has Nox appeared for the third time?
MissFable: No
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/double_insomnia_tracker_thread/post11324
Thanks MissFable. :)
Is Dark Reign worth it? A bit too much for an old game ...
Klumpen0815: Wut? I didn't get an eMail for any of the new bundles. oO
IDW Transformers sure is nice, are those others than the ones that were in the last Transformers comic bundle from Humble?
The new Transformers bundle overlaps a little with the top tier of the first bundle.

I have not gotten the email for the weekly but the one about the comics arrived fine.
Is gog having trouble loading now??
Dajjer: Ah ha. So that's how it works. I've been doing Insomnia sales for the past two years and haven't got squat. Never realized you could multiple click. Or just click on a game you are only casually interested in. So where as I got probably 50 or so games with 50 or so chances for freebies. I could have upped my chance by clicking 10 times as many times. Hmmmm. Kinda like exploiting a game mechanic. Interesting . . .
skeletonbow: Except... that isn't how it works. You have one single chance for a freebie, once you try to win you either win or lose, and either way you are no longer eligible to try again. If you keep clicking on it to add it to your cart to try again you'll just get the promo price in your cart and put a heavy burden on the webserver contributing to slowing the site down without getting any benefit from doing it.

When a company like GOG does a promo like this they have many years of experience seeing how people respond and learning the ups and downs of mistakes over time. If there's one thing any company will learn is that there will always be at least one person if not 50 people who try to "beat the system" or "game the system" so to speak. You know, the people who will figure out how something works, write a python script then launch it at the website pounding the site 1000 times per second to get all the free games or similar... except that just kills the website and people complain, the company investigates, fixes the problem by preventing people from doing that by altering the way their promotion works.

In short, GOG isn't stupid and so repeat button mashing just wastes your time and murders the webserver. In addition, their web server will try to detect abuse and block you from accessing the website. I know because it did that to me once the other day and I was actually just using the site normally without abusing it so their abuse detection was a little hair triggered.

Anyway, keep trying for freebies but once per game is all you get no matter what you try. :)
Good Explanation/PSA.
MissFable: Unfortunately yes
2015-03-05 21:39:08: Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut USD 5.99 (USD 14.99) [60%] (600 copies)
Tannath: Same here, I knew the moment I stepped out it would come around...
The exact same thing happened to me :(
Dajjer: Ah ha. So that's how it works. I've been doing Insomnia sales for the past two years and haven't got squat. Never realized you could multiple click. Or just click on a game you are only casually interested in. So where as I got probably 50 or so games with 50 or so chances for freebies. I could have upped my chance by clicking 10 times as many times. Hmmmm. Kinda like exploiting a game mechanic. Interesting . . .
Klumpen0815: There's only one chance per person, so clicking on the same button multiple times doesn't work and is just creating needless traffic.
Uh oh... Is the act of clicking "Buy Now" that determines if you get a freebie?

This whole sale, I've been clicking on the picture and adding it to the cart from the product page.

Have I been keeping myself out of the freebie pool?
Post edited March 05, 2015 by several_options
Splatsch: It's just a glitch. Just check that the price is correct before confirming purchase.
AndyBuzz: I tried adding to cart from the game page and I could proceed normally. Only when clicking the buy button from the front page I get that message. So it's just a mild inconvenience, no biggie.
It would be funny though if they made that on purpose. "You got a critical miss, you have to click 4 more times to get the game". :P
Ahah ^^ But don't give them this kind of ideas ;)
gamingrn: Sort of a random thought, but is it my eyes or is the main GOG page changing background colors regularly around the titles?
I noticed that a few hours ago too and went into web developer brain mode... :) I am betting that they're using some CSS3 fun for that. Adds a nice ambiance to the page eh? :)
ziolkowskim: Nope, but surely will :D for a while anyways
He, yes it went by too fast the last time. Hopefully, they'll include some extra copies.
Klumpen0815: There's only one chance per person, so clicking on the same button multiple times doesn't work and is just creating needless traffic.
several_options: Uh oh... Is the act of clicking "Buy Now" that determines if you get a freebie?

This whole sale, I've been clicking on the picture t and adding it to the cart from the product page.

Have I been keeping myself out of the freebie pool?
Unfortunately I think so. On the up side, there are still quite a few games left to take your chance on
jakob187: I'm able to help prevent a lot of those impulses in a simple manner, and maybe this can help for you and others down the line:

I get a prepaid VISA card, and I put $20 - $30 on it. That is the budget of what I can spend for the sale. With this sale, I started with about $35, and at this point, I'm at about $14. Therefore, I now wait for LoG 2, which is the one thing I've genuinely wanted the most from this sale, and then I'm done.
I didn't think those prepaid cards could be used on purchases from outside the US anymore. (GOG is based in Cyprus.) That's what happened to me; I had to use a credit card.
Perhaps, but now I can see myself clicking on a game I am only casually interested in and then backing out if I don't get the freebie. If I win, I turn the game into a gift and hope for a player to be named later . . .
Post edited March 05, 2015 by Dajjer
Off to eat that aforementioned chili, you all have fun!