It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Crewdroog: deal! *types up plane ticket and tries to shove into computer to send to budejovice* it's not working :(

no, i'm sorry that was not the correct answer. please try again!

so no trade-sy? boo!
Ominousrobot: have you checked your weather settings? make sure to unselect the box for ice age.
WE CAN DO THAT?!?!?! *runs to fix weather*

oh, you were joking. not funny! lol ;)
Oh come on! I'm fighting the sandman trying to close my eyelids every second but still no Dragonfall!!

I've only slept about 10 hrs total last 3 days monitoring what games come and go by... and some games still managed to bypass my ceaseless watch! Well, I actually fell asleep from time to time holding the smartphone in bed :-) So technically, games had a lot of holes to fall through.

I'm going to write some more, mainly to fight the sleepiness -
Overall, it has been an awesome promo for me.

I bought

Battle Worlds - Kronos
Beyond Good & Evil
Consortium
Dead State
Door Kickers
Halfway
Jade Empire
King of Dragon Pass
Legend of Grimrock 2
Mark of the Ninja
Riven
Shadowgate
Teslagrad
Wizardry 8

Red Faction - My first and only critical hit!

and not one, but two gifts from the generous and kind Tarnicus,
Shadowrun Returns
Legend of Grimrock 1

Still aiming my axe of critical hits + 1 at Dragonfall, Myst, Uru, Banished, and several other old rpg, adventure titles like Wizardry 6, 7.

I'm not sure I'll be awake for all of them. Some of them I'll probably miss but hey, I've got plenty of games to play till the next promo event like this! :-)

Although my cyber wallet will weight a lot less after this promo, I'm happy to have snatched some of my old favorites, with a lot of new games that I've been watching for some time, and also complete new discoveries that I never planned to buy! It has been very enjoyable, waiting for new games to show up with slashed prices, talking to others in the gaming community, which has been a heartwarming and refreshing detour I took from all the busy working life :-).

It's my first time actively posting on the GOG forums, especially during a big sale time. I wonder why I never did that before. It has been truly memorable nights.

Really gotta take the sleep now, work starts in 6 hrs. Everyone have good luck swinging your weapons of choice getting critical hits! And may you grab your favorite games! I hope, at least Dragonfall doesn't pass by during the 2~3 hours of sleep I'm going to take :-).
lz8: If we're only about 23 away from the end, that brings up the question: Has anyone on the thread "been there" when the sale comes to a precise end? What happens? Does the GoGbear come out and thank everyone for participating, or what?
It just ends, and it's over.

Then they bring in the cleaning crews to mop up all the drool and sweat...

By the by, it's just 23 till the end of the second cycle for the Fresh games.. there is still a third round to go.
Post edited March 05, 2015 by GhostwriterDoF
lz8: If we're only about 23 away from the end, that brings up the question: Has anyone on the thread "been there" when the sale comes to a precise end? What happens? Does the GoGbear come out and thank everyone for participating, or what?
Have been there for both. It's said both times "Sorry, this promo has ended."

For the last one, GOG played a joke on everyone during that Jack Keane 2 was next up with something like 18,000 copies, but the exact end was the same as the first Insomnia. When it's done, it just dies.
Something really magical and unexpected happens at the end that you wouldn't believe.....the homepage of the site reverts back to normal.
high rated
GhostwriterDoF: Sleep well... you earned it.
No idea why I earned it, but it went somewhere else tonight.

goplanet: Weren't there a bunch of people waiting for The 11th Hour? Somebody better buy some backup keys, just in case. Quick, before they sell out!
Guess no one needs any hair.
Crewdroog: deal! *types up plane ticket and tries to shove into computer to send to budejovice* it's not working :(
no, i'm sorry that was not the correct answer. please try again!
trentonlf: My bad, 16 is infinitely better than 84 :)
*taps foot, arms crossed* now you are just trying my patience. :)
warpax: Ive heard... that the global temperature drops for every Drox Operative bought in the next 60 secs!

END GLOBAL WARMING!
goplanet: Well... I heard that every copy of The 11th Hour you buy enhances your manhood by 5%! And regrows hair!
D:
I just bought a copy....
CalicoPup: Giant galaxy to explore, dozens of races, all that.
Ixamyakxim: Yes it has that, along with diplomacy and such. But it leans more toward Action RPG / Diablo, but with a spaceship than it does Star Control.
Now that sounds fascinating. I now look forward to playing it.

Thanks!
CarrionCrow: Have been there for both. It's said both times "Sorry, this promo has ended."

For the last one, GOG played a joke on everyone during that Jack Keane 2 was next up with something like 18,000 copies, but the exact end was the same as the first Insomnia. When it's done, it just dies.
Love the Keane 2 joke!
They start the Spring sale.
It's like when the lights come on in the club at closing time and everyone stands around looking at each other with bleary unfocussed eyes before departing sheepishly into the night.
11th hour, 11 copies! :)
lz8: when the sale comes to a precise end? What happens? Does the GoGbear come out and thank everyone for participating, or what?
nothing, the last game(s) run out of units or time and the site goes back to normal
Really? It's just going to sit at 11 copies?

This thing might actually last until 11pm my time! LOL

Oh, the irony!