It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

This thread keeps bringing gold. I need to dig out my Xanth books. Haven't read them in decades.
xep624: BTW: there is a very unusual review of lumino city by trynation.... Check the game description :)
ElTerprise: uhm...what?
the user trynation gave this game 5 stars and wrote the following: "please buy this sack of shit" which made me laugh very hard....
KunoNoOni: next sale? what next sale... we have months before the summer sale.
blakstar: Oh... I hope so... I do hope so :-P

I recall (can't remember when) one autumn insomnia sale ending, and a day or two after, the winter/Christmas sale started, but yeah, it's way too early for a summer sale :-)
The autumn sales was last year and there was a week lull before the winter/christmas sale started. GOG was trying to beat the winter steam sale. At least that is my guess.

I also remember a lot of people were angry at GoG for doing that. Most hadn't had time to fill up there depleted wallets.
Post edited March 09, 2015 by KunoNoOni
Dalthnock: See? SEE? You GET it! If they don't make it available to you because stupidity, you get creative!

Sooner or later, they'll realise you want to play, but not by their rules. How do you think region-free DVDs came about?

Look, if you don't buy, they'll simply come to the conclusion that it's not profitable & stop making them altogether.

HOWEVER, if you get them by other means, you'll show them that there's a market, IF they play ball.

And that's what I'm saying. Let GOG get the big movies. They'll be DRM-free... I'm sure you can think of ways to get the ones that are unavailable to you. Do it enough & voila! They end up being available for EVERYONE.

Magic.
xep624: I am sooo hoping that GOG.com will bring in one day big movies and big games. Because of gaming habit I have OCD so I will be buying things just to put them on my digital shelf... And I'm sure that others will vote with their wallets too :)

And let's hope that magic happens soon!
It's going to happen sooner or later, look how they started with the games and look at the selection we have now. I for one hope GOG are playing the long game with this. Aussies and Kiwis usually get the short end of the taser when it comes to region based distribution for whatever reason. Maybe if they started with the older titles nobody really cares about anymore and who knows, maybe 5 years down the track we will all be able to enjoy the latest blackbusters here.
TrevorWilliams: This thread keeps bringing gold. I need to dig out my Xanth books. Haven't read them in decades.
I know! If it were not for the fact that I am making a commitment to actually finish the Wheel of Time series I would try to find those in the library next and re-read them! Been at least 20 years since I last did!
blakstar: Oh... I hope so... I do hope so :-P

I recall (can't remember when) one autumn insomnia sale ending, and a day or two after, the winter/Christmas sale started, but yeah, it's way too early for a summer sale :-)
jackster79: Ummm... that was just last year (2014) if I recall right.
Was it? Guess the time started to blur a bit -- I was up for most of the last insomnia sale! :-)
I took it as a critical to help out :)
Crewdroog: hello! :)

i'm locked in a rubber room and threatening people with rubber chickens. How are you? and ignore what blakstar said, we are fiiiine. just fine.
toxicTom: I have a rubber chicken with a pulley in the middle, if it's any use to you.

:-)

PS: Anyone guessing the reference is earning... a hug (since I'm totally OOM).
not right now, but you never know when you might! *takes chicken, places in crate o'crap*

...and i didn't get the reference. no hugs for me *sulks then cries* :)
Damn I am pretty close to buy AoW III :S
xep624: BTW: there is a very unusual review of lumino city by trynation.... Check the game description :)
Dalthnock: Honesty is the best policy. My gramma used to say that all the time.

Then she told me Santa brought me some presents.
Hahahahaha, well such is life. Everyone wants honesty but it never happens 100%.... Some people will tell you that sometimes it's better to lie to not hurt someone's feelings, etc. etc.
Crewdroog: that's pretty much my feelings at this point. soo close, must make it to end...
Ixamyakxim: Yes, just in case there's a chance to win the whole catalogue like Tallima did LOL (that's a joke by the way!).
that was the funniest thing EVAH. pure genius.
ElTerprise: uhm...what?
xep624: the user trynation gave this game 5 stars and wrote the following: "please buy this sack of shit" which made me laugh very hard....
Yeah i read that. That why i wrote it :).
jackster79: Ummm... that was just last year (2014) if I recall right.
blakstar: Was it? Guess the time started to blur a bit -- I was up for most of the last insomnia sale! :-)
I know the feeling, though that was just a regular Fall Sale. The 2014 Insomnia sale I believe was in the spring.

'Course, my memory of time is fuzzy enough without sleep deprivation added to the mix.
Crewdroog: well really, that is the only way the whole thing makes any kind of sense. :)
CarrionCrow: It helps answer the question regarding most people who decide to dress up in a gigantic costume and dance around children, to be sure.
then wtf is happpening at disney land??? o.0
Crewdroog: hello! :)

i'm locked in a rubber room and threatening people with rubber chickens. How are you? and ignore what blakstar said, we are fiiiine. just fine.
toxicTom: I have a rubber chicken with a pulley in the middle, if it's any use to you.

:-)

PS: Anyone guessing the reference is earning... a hug (since I'm totally OOM).
It doesn't have anything to do with a three-headed monkey, by any chance?