It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

toxicTom: Described like that it actually sounds interesting. I'm usually not one for storyless rogue-like games in the tradition of "how far can you get". Even struggled with Diablo 1+2 (although they have story). But crew management sounds interesting.
SortaSane: Well, there is an end-point, but it involves a very, very, very difficult boss. Managing the crew is about repelling boarders and keeping the oxygen flowing, but crew that survive do level a bit. You have access to different species with different specialties and sometimes that can give you more options in the space map text incidents. Dealing with a fire on a space station is much easier when you have a crewman immune to fire, for example.
I only played it once, at my brother's, but had a lot of fun doing so. Also managed to kick that boss' butt on that one and only try, a fact that pleases me greatly... You may call it luck, I call it skill ;)
KunoNoOni: I watched MemoriesIn8Bit play Neverending Nightmares and I have to say I wasn't impressed by it at all. There wasn't enough substance in it for me unless walking simulators is a new genre that I wasn't aware of.
Walking Simulator is very much a genre now actually and it all started started with Dear Esther. :)
MarkoH01: [...]
Shadowgate: Special Edition
[...]
Thanks again :)
KunoNoOni: I watched MemoriesIn8Bit play Neverending Nightmares and I have to say I wasn't impressed by it at all. There wasn't enough substance in it for me unless walking simulators is a new genre that I wasn't aware of.
Looks like somebody hasn't been following the Games Industry lately ^^
Post edited March 08, 2015 by The_Blog
Blast! Oh well, thanks for the information all. I'll have to see if I can snag anything else that tickles my fancy... and add to my already impressive backlog of games! Yikes!
SortaSane: Well, there is an end-point, but it involves a very, very, very difficult boss. Managing the crew is about repelling boarders and keeping the oxygen flowing, but crew that survive do level a bit. You have access to different species with different specialties and sometimes that can give you more options in the space map text incidents. Dealing with a fire on a space station is much easier when you have a crewman immune to fire, for example.
WildHobgoblin: I only played it once, at my brother's, but had a lot of fun doing so. Also managed to kick that boss' butt on that one and only try, a fact that pleases me greatly... You may call it luck, I call it skill ;)
That is pretty luc-*ahem*skillful. I haven't managed to beat the boss with every ship type, but I never go for more than one win on each because of how tough it is to get just that one victory.
stg83: Walking Simulator is very much a genre now actually and it all started started with Dear Esther. :)
Oh wow, guess I'm behind the times then :) I noticed GOG doesn't have the game. Steam does and I watched the trailer. It looks beautiful, but is there anything too it? Or is it just flashy graphics?
Geralt_of_Rivia: If you are into that sort of thing you might like This War of Mine.
That's actually on my wishlist. High priority section. Not just for the gameplay - I like the whole premise - not even knowing how long the war may last. There are two things that kept me from buying - money (see: Insomnia sale...) and the fear that I might find the game overall too depressing - like Papers Please, which is awesome, but makes me feel sick when I start to think what I'm doing there. Actually that IS what makes the game awesome. It creates the uncomfortable feeling of being trapped in this situation. And there is no strong "fantasy" aspect to alleviate this. It creates a lump in my stomach similar to when I read 1984. And this is an accomplishment.
Fresh deal: Tetrobot and Co. (-75%) [200]
MarkoH01: With the gift of MIND: Path to Thalamus the sale for me officially is over. I still will post here and there on the forum and maybe I will crit a game to gift it away but I will not buy anymore. Everything went much bigger than I've planned but it was great fun for me and that is the only important thing. So here is my summary of this sale (without upcoming crits=gifts of course):

Bought:
Pixeljunk Shooter
Among The Sleep
Unreal Gold
Astebreed
Broken Age
Lumino City
Teslagrad
Spycraft
Shadowgate
Monkey Island SE
Vangers
Farcry 2
Alan Wake: American Nightmare
MIND: Path to Thalamus
Raven - The Legacy of a master thief
Alan Wake
=>16 Games bought

Gifts received:
Gobliiins Pack (from the_Blog)
Neverending Nightmares (from LynetteC)
Jack Keane 2 (from foxworks)
Return to Mysterious Island (from Tekkaman-James)
Mousecraft (from the_Blog)
=>5 Games received as gifts - thanks agaim to the gifters you are awesome!

I'd also like to thank all those people who were keeping an eye on the games I was waiting for
but did miss it or were to late - especially Tarnicus and Mister-Gosh! But the whole
community is awesome as well (as it was said numerous times but true things cannot be said
enough).

Gifted to others:
Unreal Gold (Critical Hit)
Little Big Adventure (Critical Hit)
I have no mouth and I must scream
Mark of the Ninja Special Edition
Vangers
Sam & Max hit the road
Clive Barker's Undying
Inquisitor
A Bird Story
MIND: Path To Thalamus
=>11 Games gifted

Have fun everybody and hopefully you won't miss the games you're waiting for.

Marko
Also a big thanks from me!
Keep up your good spirits:)
KunoNoOni: Oh wow, guess I'm behind the times then :) I noticed GOG doesn't have the game. Steam does and I watched the trailer. It looks beautiful, but is there anything too it? Or is it just flashy graphics?
Just flashy graphics, you walk around listening to some one reading letters in a cool English accent for a while in different scenic locales. Another very popular one is Gone Home, which uses environmental Story telling technique though exploration.
Post edited March 08, 2015 by stg83
MarkoH01: [...]
[...]
The_Blog: Thanks again :)
The_Blog: Looks like somebody hasn't been following the Games Industry lately ^^
This statement is so true...
Crewdroog: i cannot believe this thing is still going. hahaha, omg it's the sale that never ends...

oh and hello all! ;)
Good evening! :-)
KunoNoOni: Oh wow, guess I'm behind the times then :) I noticed GOG doesn't have the game. Steam does and I watched the trailer. It looks beautiful, but is there anything too it? Or is it just flashy graphics?
stg83: Just flashy graphics, you walk around listening to some one reading letters in a cool English accent for a while in different scenic locales. :)
And people find this fun? LOL. Wow I really am out of touch with the game industry. I give the developer props for innovation though.
If anyone is interested, i have a copy of MIND - Path to Thalamusto give away.

I also have some Humble-Bundle keys (Steam) left to give away.

Edit: Updated Humblekeys-Screenshot attached to avoid confusion.
Attachments:
Post edited March 09, 2015 by ElTerprise
SortaSane: That is pretty luc-*ahem*skillful. I haven't managed to beat the boss with every ship type, but I never go for more than one win on each because of how tough it is to get just that one victory.
My brother wasn't too pleased either, since he hadn't beaten the boss yet, and he's usually far superior to me in that kind of game. I did plan carefully though, and went all out for the final battle (it was a close call).
Still, it's those little triumphs that keep you going, isn't it?