It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Vampire Syndicate: Gangs of MoonFall (26 days left, already funded, stretch goals available)

Official Trailer
Developed by Memory Of Eternity (a.k.a. Tyranicon or ManlyMouseDan) (Memoirs of a Battle Brothel)

"Vampire Syndicate: Gangs of MoonFall is an RPG set amidst the vampire-dominated gangs of a cyberpunk city.

Immersive First and Third-person view
Vampire Syndicate has a perspective combo that's not often used, pairing turn-based combat with a first and third-person exploration and interaction mode.

This is because as a solodev with a tabletop background, all my experience is in building turn-based games. However, I personally prefer a more immersive experience when walking around the city or talking to characters. I have seen other games do this well, (shoutout to my fellow indie games and their devs, Call of Saregnar and Archaelund!) and I think it will work here too.

The Factions of MoonFall’s underworld
The vampires of MoonFall are different from the ones we may be used to. While all vampires are undead, immortal and must drink blood, how vampirism is spread and the array of powers (and weaknesses) a new vampire gains will vary depending on the lineage. Each lineage is, in effect, a different “species” of vampire.

The major vampire lineages have been fighting over control of the Uzakh Drucah, or the True Underworld, for many centuries - even millennia in some cases. Since MoonFall is one of the world’s largest, most populated and wealthiest cities, it is of little surprise that the lineages now focus their battles here.

Players will encounter both vampire and non-vampire factions, each with their own motivations and rivals in MoonFall’s complicated web of alliances.

Rise up the ranks
The player will start off as an unaffiliated street mercenary, but quickly introduced to the vampiric underworld. In order to rise in the dark hierarchy, they must curry favor with their new masters, accomplish great deeds, and otherwise prove themselves in the Uzakh Drucah.

The ultimate prize of the player’s undying service is to be reborn as a vampire. Immortal, powerful, and the ultimate predator masquerading as a human. Becoming a vampire can be achieved later in the game and will offer new gameplay mechanics.

Decide the fate of the Uzakh Drucah
The four major surviving vampire lineages find themselves at a crossroads. Their sins have returned to haunt them. It is a time of prophecy and heroes, and for you, that means a chance to make your mark on the word.

Or do whatever you like. Very little is forced on the player, and vampirism is not guaranteed. Even the main storyline is completely optional.

Main Storyline
For those who want to be fully immersed, Vampire Syndicate offers a lengthy main storyline that will plumb the depths of MoonFall and reveal the terrible origin of all vampires.

Additionally, the vampire lineage that the player chooses will alter story events, making each playthrough with a different lineage significantly different.

Crime pays
As the name suggests, the player’s main activity in Vampire Syndicate is to conduct criminal activities for their lineage faction. With the exception of a few rules, the player is offered complete freedom in how they go about this, and can take on missions or contracts as they wish.

Missions (such as heists or raids) take place on the overworld map. Players can encounter a variety of different groups, such as corporate officers with their protection retinue, mercenaries, street-level gangers, rival lineages, etc.

Encounters can be benign, or they can result in violence. The choice is yours.

Build your crew
Every Familiar needs a crew: a team of violent cutthroats, thieves, hackers and flamboyantly-dressed thugs. You won’t have to look far in the dark underbelly of MoonFall to find them.

Familiars often have dangerous duties, and they aren’t expected to complete them alone. A crew provides extra muscle for Familiars in combat, but also lends their expertise outside of fighting.

Recruiting and permadeath
Companions can be gained all over MoonFall, in a variety of different classes and with different attributes. They will also provide unique stories and romance paths. The player can also recruit randomized Followers to their liking.

However, unlike the player character or companions, followers can die permanently. If a follower falls in combat, they are dead forever, so be careful how you use them. Like most options in the game, permadeath can be toggled off.

Loyalty
Companions and Followers are eager to help you rise through the ranks of the Uzakh Drucah, but they do not do this for free. Your crew expects to be rewarded amply for watching your back, and failing to do so could have consequences.

Each crew member has a loyalty score that’s tied to how you treat them. Abuse and neglect may lead to them turning on you at the most inopportune moment.

Respect
In the Uzakh Drucah, Respect is even more valuable than hard currency. Respect is a measure of how the player character is viewed in the dark hierarchy of the vampire lords.

The higher the Respect, the more options available to a player. Black market shops now open their doors to you, rival gangs begin to fear you, while your allies treat you as an honored guest.

Morality
Make no mistake, as a part of the vampire underworld, you are a criminal. You work for sinister, loathsome “people.”

Your duties often require you to mete out violence and injustice. While you may certainly go about this according to your own morals and ethics, do not expect to be ever called a hero.

But you don't need to be a hard-hearted villain either. Play your own way. Reward those who are loyal to you, treat your enemies fairly, and you will gain the respect of all.

Adult content
Vampires are inherently sexual creatures, and during the course of the game, the player will have ample opportunities for casual sex or pursue long-term romances. Expect explicit sexual content.

My Vision
This is a highly ambitious project and something I'm very passionate about. Hopefully that shows in everything you've seen.

My vision for this game is to tell a gritty, dark and fascinating story about crime in a cyberpunk setting, with narrative inspirations from The Sopranos, the detailed faction worldbuilding of Fallout: New Vegas, and overall extreme prioritization of writing from Planescape: Torment.

My focus here will be worldbuilding, characters, and plot. As a writer, I believe these are my strengths and I will rely on them."

Wishlist entry
Post edited September 08, 2024 by Swedrami
Athanasia: Dinosaur Immersive Sim

Athanasia: Immersive simulation in a decrepit facility overrun by beasts from prehistory. Battle against tooth and claw in this new survival horror adventure.

In a retro alternate 1990's you are the secretive adventurer and scientist Carmen Flores. Seeking the truth behind mysterious animal attacks and bizarre phenomena all of which seem to originate from a now abandoned SAIR facility deep in the South American desert. Explore a highly reactive game world, featuring reactive levels and unique tools that will help you overcome even the most ferocious of predators.

From the FAQs:

What platforms will Athanasia be on?

As of right now we intend to be on Steam but we would hope to be on GOG in the future as well. Anything else will be determined in the future.
The Last Ninja Collection + Bonus Games (29 days left, already funded)

Crowdfunding Campaign Trailer
Developed by System 3 Software

"Presenting The Last Ninja Collection + Bonus Games (International Karate, IK+ and Bangkok Knights) on Nintendo Switch and PC.

A tribute to the golden era of computer gaming that brings together 7 iconic titles for the first time, with exclusive memorabilia. This is more than a collection; it's a celebration of gaming history and the preservation of pioneering games from the '80's & '90's.

Our Last Ninja series of games is one of the most beloved and successful franchises from the 80's & 90's. Known for its innovative gameplay, memorable graphics, atmospheric music and blockbusting reviews, the series captivated gamers the world over and set a new standard for action-adventure games.

Rediscover the magic of The Last Ninja series and our other beloved fighting classics.

The collection includes:

This collection brings together the entire Last Ninja series of C64 versions along with Amiga and Spectrum versions, where available, for the first time. Not only are we offering The Last Ninja, Last Ninja 2, Last Ninja 3 and Ninja Remix, we are also adding the critically acclaimed International Karate, (the first European game to top the USA C64 billboard charts), IK+ and Bangkok Knights. These games were milestones in the gaming industry, pushing the boundaries of what was possible with the technology of the time and making them available to play on Nintendo Switch and Windows PC."

Trailer

Wishlist entry

Legacy wishlist entries:

The Last Ninja
Last Ninja 2
Last Ninja 3
Ninja Remix
International Karate
IK+
Bangkok Knights
Post edited September 11, 2024 by Swedrami