It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

sebarnolds: Wanderer: a cinematic platformer with RPG & adventure elements.

If you're interested, don't forget to vote for the Greenlight.
The devs from Red Cloak Games need our support to get this game on GOG.

Please vote for it on the wishlist, here. Backing it on Kickstarter will of course also help them out.
Post edited October 19, 2015 by WinterSnowfall
WinterSnowfall: The devs from Red Cloak Games need our support to get this game on GOG.

Please vote for it on the wishlist, here. Backing it on Kickstarter will of course also help them out.
Really would like to back it, but it's episodic. Kiss o' death for my wallet, that.
IAmSinistar: Really would like to back it, but it's episodic. Kiss o' death for my wallet, that.
As a note backers will get access to all episodes. It's episodic only because of the progressive nature of the development effort really.
WinterSnowfall: As a note backers will get access to all episodes. It's episodic only because of the progressive nature of the development effort really.
It's not getting the episodes that I worry about. It's about the episodes ever being made. Far too many games never get past their first episode. I'm still waiting on one title here to be completed, in fact.

It's hubris, naivety, and inexperience that leads developers to pitch an episodic game. "We just need the funds for the first one, and then when it's a rockin' success we'll make the rest!" Which works out about as well as a debut novelist trying to sell just the first four chapters of their book.

Make the damn game, and if all goes well, make a sequel. Don't try to parcel it out in pieces.
IAmSinistar: It's not getting the episodes that I worry about. It's about the episodes ever being made. Far too many games never get past their first episode. I'm still waiting on one title here to be completed, in fact.
Oh, ok, I see your point. Yeah, I'm not kidding myself... I expect the development will take more than the next 2 years :).

Still, all things considered, it looks like the kind of game I'd like to play whenever it's done. Even if I have a lot more gray hairs by then.

I still have a huge backlog of games and a lack of free time which shows no signs of improvement, so there's plenty to do in the meantime.

Better late then never I guess.
Post edited October 19, 2015 by WinterSnowfall
WinterSnowfall: Better late then never I guess.
Agreed. The problem I have with episodic games is that too many end up in the "never" column when it comes to completing the series.
<span class="bold">Narcissu 10th Anniversary Anthology Project</span>

Let's revisit the seventh floor and complete this amazing visual novel series and create a new chapter to the world of Narcissu.
So, for once I'm aware of the moment a kickstarter I backed is released. Chaos reborn came out today and I have a bit of free time, so I downloaded it and went to check it's "massive campaign" out. Turns out, it's multiplayer and only some kind of skirmish maps for single player. That was... quite disappointing, let's just say.

Oh well, I guess sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.
P1na: So, for once I'm aware of the moment a kickstarter I backed is released. Chaos reborn came out today and I have a bit of free time, so I downloaded it and went to check it's "massive campaign" out. Turns out, it's multiplayer and only some kind of skirmish maps for single player. That was... quite disappointing, let's just say.

http://www.forum.chaos-reborn.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&amp;t=2915#p34929
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Julian Gollop wrote:
We will be releasing on GOG when we have sufficient offline content, and we will have an alternative login system.

Think they run out of money and have to push out the multiplayer content first
The guys behind Dragon's Lair are raising a Kickstarter to make a pitch for a possible film version.

www.kickstarter.com/projects/donbluth/dragons-lair-the-movie
Post edited October 27, 2015 by LesterKnight99
LesterKnight99: The guys behind Dragon's Lair are raising a Kickstarter to make a pitch for a possible film version.

(can't link it myself due to neg-rep)
But you can copy paste the link in words?
P1na: So, for once I'm aware of the moment a kickstarter I backed is released. Chaos reborn came out today and I have a bit of free time, so I downloaded it and went to check it's "massive campaign" out. Turns out, it's multiplayer and only some kind of skirmish maps for single player. That was... quite disappointing, let's just say.

Gnostic: http://www.forum.chaos-reborn.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&amp;t=2915#p34929
Julian Gollop wrote:
We will be releasing on GOG when we have sufficient offline content, and we will have an alternative login system.

Think they run out of money and have to push out the multiplayer content first
Not completely sure, but I feel that this skirmished based play was their goal all along. Technically, it's pretty consistent with what they said in the campaign, after all (I checked yesterday).

That said, I'll be really happy to be wrong and see a good single player when the game comes to GOG.
A re-imagining of the Fighting Fantasy adventures as a rich new digital tabletop RPG with miniatures and multiple character paths:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/warlockks/fighting-fantasy-the-warlock-of-firetop-mountain
Valthirian Arc: Red Covenant

A Harry Potter School Simulator with a JRPG twist.
5 days left on Battletech, it looks like it will miss the PvP stretch goal. I am really happy about this, prefer single player games. And I personally find that lots of games lose a lot of character and dynamic on the single player side when they feel they have to balance everything for PvP multiplayer.