It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

moonshineshadow: You doing ok?
And what game are you torturing yourself with at the moment? :D
CarrionCrow: Can't complain here, how's your weekend been going?
Overture right now. 31 hours in and counting, by Steam's measurement.
It was ok, normal. But that is fine. Normal is good :D
*goes to look what kind of game Overture is*
Is it a fun kind of torture or do you really wish it would be over fast?
NoNewTaleToTell: However if I can throw a recommendation your way, check out Fran Bow! It's another point & click adventure game with a real dark feel, and yes there is some grim humor too. The writing is completely fantastic, the characters are great, the puzzles can be really grim, the music is really good...it's basically just a 9/10 or 101/10, by my standards at least. It was my 2015 Game of the Year.
^This this this^! I second that recommendation! A truly awesome creepy atmosphere. Bizarre and freaky in the best way. Like if Tim Burton and Stephen King collaborated to make a video game, and it turned out awesome. I couldn't tell you anything I didn't like about Fran Bow, other than I got stumped a couple of times and had to request help from someone who had already completed it :-p

Why do I always play the best games in January, then it all goes downhill? Looking back at my "games completed" lists over the last few years...
2013 - The Witcher 1 & 2
2014 - Alpha Protocol and Costume Quest
2015 - Blackwell
2016 - Fran Bow... but the year isn't over yet ;-)
*hugs and waves all over the world*

NoNewTaleToTell: However if I can throw a recommendation your way, check out Fran Bow! It's another point & click adventure game with a real dark feel, and yes there is some grim humor too. The writing is completely fantastic, the characters are great, the puzzles can be really grim, the music is really good...it's basically just a 9/10 or 101/10, by my standards at least. It was my 2015 Game of the Year.
Ok ok, wishlisted.
zeogold: Edit: Wait, now I'm suddenly wondering if that was a warning. Well, I could always duck out the thread. Not the first one I've been "banned" from.
Habanerose: Now kinda wondering how many threads you've actually been banned from...
If my count is correct, I think...3.
toxicTom: *hugs and waves all over the world*
*big weekend hug*
AgentBirdnest: And I'm not a Ranger, but I have Ranger blood in me at least ;-p
Not sure whether you're talking about your avatar or my username.
moonshineshadow: It was ok, normal. But that is fine. Normal is good :D
*goes to look what kind of game Overture is*
Agreed. Normal beats garbage.

It was promising initially, but between the endless grinding for next to no benefit, the lag when enemies pile up and ultimately dull gameplay, it's worn more than a little thin. Would much rather it be over.
zeogold: If my count is correct, I think...3.
Ouch. Guess the other people were so puzzled by you that they found no other way to deal with your logic than to pick up torches and pitchforks :P
zeogold: Who must constantly dodge the counterlurking hugs of Yezemin?
What's that supposed to mean? I've scratched you off my hug list after all. But if you prefer to keep on your toes I could put you on there again?
zeogold: If my count is correct, I think...3.
Habanerose: Ouch. Guess the other people were so puzzled by you that they found no other way to deal with your logic than to pick up torches and pitchforks :P
I think some people just don't like my humor.
Or my manner of speech.
Or me.
moonshineshadow: *goes to look what kind of game Overture is*
CarrionCrow: It was promising initially, but between the endless grinding for next to no benefit, the lag when enemies pile up and ultimately dull gameplay, it's worn more than a little thin. Would much rather it be over.
Ah too bad. Because it looked interesting. Hope it will be finished fast :-)
zeogold: Who must constantly dodge the counterlurking hugs of Yezemin?
Yezemin: What's that supposed to mean? I've scratched you off my hug list after all. But if you prefer to keep on your toes I could put you on there again?
I...uh...er...
Hey! Look! Guinea pigs!
zeogold: I...uh...er...
Hey! Look! Guinea pigs!
Nice try, but they're no pandas. You need better distractions.
zeogold: I think some people just don't like my humor.
Or my manner of speech.
Or me.
Well, can't be helped. Haters gonna hate. :P

And frankly no need to bother with the opinion of such petty people. ;)
zeogold: I...uh...er...
Hey! Look! Guinea pigs!
Yezemin: Nice try, but they're no pandas. You need better distractions.
I have puzzles. Do those count?