It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

AgentBirdnest: Well, hopefully we'll both feel better then. *sets fire to fluffy pink pony jumper to cheer and warm us up* :-p

Speaking of ponies... What do you think about that Pony Island game in the "upcoming" section? Any interest? It looks really strange. I'm not quite sure what to think. But at least the price isn't too bad.
WAIT! You were supposed to take it off before you set it on fire! O_O

I have seen a bit of it, but it is not my kind of game. It seems different, but to me not really a game, just a gimmick. But others really seem to like it, so hopefully it being here will make some people happy.
ddickinson: WAIT! You were supposed to take it off before you set it on fire! O_O

I have seen a bit of it, but it is not my kind of game. It seems different, but to me not really a game, just a gimmick. But others really seem to like it, so hopefully it being here will make some people happy.
Oops :-o *rolls around on the ground until flames stop* ... pfft... Where is my Empress? She would have prevented me from making such a silly mistake... >:'-|

I feel similar. It looks more like an "experience" than a game. Which usually isn't really my thing. Still, if it went on sale for 60% off, I might give it a try someday ($2 is my breaking point when it comes to curiosity :-))
*hugs for DD and Agent*

I see you're both not feeling too great just yet? :( *more big hugs*

Guess I'll join that club myself as well. I'm a little better than I was yesterday evening, but not too good yet.
AgentBirdnest: Oops :-o *rolls around on the ground until flames stop* ... pfft... Where is my Empress? She would have prevented me from making such a silly mistake... >:'-|

I feel similar. It looks more like an "experience" than a game. Which usually isn't really my thing. Still, if it went on sale for 60% off, I might give it a try someday ($2 is my breaking point when it comes to curiosity :-))
Maybe she needs to confiscate your matches when she goes away just to be safe. :-)

I am the same, but there are some developers/publishers I won't support anymore. And since Nordic charge 30-40% more in regional pricing for me on a game or two I just don't want to support such a greedy company. Even their older games released now are at the $10 tier and not the old $5.99 tier. They left, came back, and just charge more now. At least that is how it seems to be, and the regional pricing thing when charging such a large percentage is ridiculous given that VAT/Tax for me is just 20% at most. Silly I know, but I tend to be funny about who I get games from these day what with all the bad practices. Plus it helps me keep my library short. :-)

FearfulSymmetry: *hugs for DD and Agent*

Guess I'll join that club myself as well. I'm a little better than I was yesterday evening, but not too good yet.
But I at least am still happy and smiling, so does that have to be a requirement for the club? :-)

I am glad to hear you are feeling a little better, even if you are not as well as would be hoped. Fingers crossed you and Agent will be good as new in no time.

And on a different topic, I might be visiting Amsterdam next month. Just for a short visit with my partner and some friends, but it should be nice.

*big feel better soon hug*
Post edited February 10, 2016 by ddickinson
FearfulSymmetry: *hugs for DD and Agent*

Better is something, at least... Hopefully that motherplucking flu politely burns in hell where is belongs, and leaves our poor Fearful alone >:-|

*extra-big antivirus hug with more blankets* (because there is no such thing as "enough blankets")
ddickinson: Maybe she needs to confiscate your matches when she goes away just to be safe. :-)

I am the same, but there are some developers/publishers I won't support anymore. And since Nordic charge 30-40% more in regional pricing for me on a game or two I just don't want to support such a greedy company. Even their older games released now are at the $10 tier and not the old $5.99 tier. They left, came back, and just charge more now. At least that is how it seems to be, and the regional pricing thing when charging such a large percentage is ridiculous given that VAT/Tax for me is just 20% at most. Silly I know, but I tend to be funny about who I get games from these day what with all the bad practices. Plus it helps me keep my library short. :-)
Probably a good idea ):-\

Luckily, I don't have to deal with that regional pricing BS. There are plenty of other reasons for me not to support some companies though. I don't think we need to discuss Double Fine again; everyone knows about them :-p I wouldn't buy another game from Gearbox either, after how they really conned everyone with their Aliens game (not that I'd buy from them anyway, since I'd have to do it on Steam.) I'm very picky :-)
Post edited February 10, 2016 by AgentBirdnest
NoNewTaleToTell: So two companies have invited me to apply for writing positions. One is offering a consistent freelance position, the other I'm not too sure whether it's offering a freelance position or not. The quoted pay rate for the consistent freelance position isn't quite top of the line but it's a lot more than you'd make at a content mill (minimum of $15 for a 400 word article) and it's list based writing which isn't hard, so if I could knock out an article in an hour to hour and a half then it would be a lot better paying than a entry level/manual labor job. So that's some good news, about time haha.
That is some good news.

Of the un-ironic kind.
----
So my red cross volunteering came through.
I'm going to start teaching grandpas how to use word and their mobiles.
yay...
Post edited February 10, 2016 by j0ekerr
AgentBirdnest: Probably a good idea ):-\

Luckily, I don't have to deal with that regional pricing BS. There are plenty of other reasons for me not to support some companies though. I don't think we need to discuss Double Fine again; everyone knows about them :-p I wouldn't buy another game from Gearbox either, after how they really conned everyone with their Aliens game (not that I'd buy from them anyway, since I'd have to do it on Steam.) I'm very picky :-)
Did you know that some states are eligible for the charging of regional pricing. I think it was about 10+ states so far, and others following suit. But then the US has very low tax (even though you complain about it more than anyone. :-)). I think your highest is about 7% in California, with most states being about 2-5%, where as the UK for example has 20%. And I doubt publishers would dare charge the US, there would be lots of complains due to each state being charged differently and the fact they would be paying more for things.

Well most people find it silly to not buy from companies. Just look at people that find it hard to believe people won't use Steam. I tend to just think that there are many developers and publishers out there, so why not give my money to one who at least deserves it.
ddickinson: But I at least am still happy and smiling, so does that have to be a requirement for the club? :-)

I am glad to hear you are feeling a little better, even if you are not as well as would be hoped. Fingers crossed you and Agent will be good as new in no time.

And on a different topic, I might be visiting Amsterdam next month. Just for a short visit with my partner and some friends, but it should be nice.

*big feel better soon hug*
Haha, it's good to hear you're still smiling. You can still be in the club if you want to be, though. ;)

Thanks! I hope so too. I have another class on Friday morning that I can't really miss, so I hope I'm at least mostly functional by then. :P

Oh, that's awesome! I don't go to Amsterdam much myself but it's an interesting city. You might be able to see some nice things if you have a little time for sightseeing. :)

*thank you hug*

AgentBirdnest: Better is something, at least... Hopefully that motherplucking flu politely burns in hell where is belongs, and leaves our poor Fearful alone >:-|

*extra-big antivirus hug with more blankets* (because there is no such thing as "enough blankets")
Totally agree with that sentiment, and I hope your ailments will go there as well, so we can all feel better. :P

Oooh, those are lots of blankets. Very shiny. :) Right now I'm kind of going through hot spells and cold spells, so I'll pile on more clothing because I'm cold only to have to take it all off again five minutes later because I'm burning up. Wish my body would make up its mind already on whether it wants to be hot or cold. :P *hugs*
j0ekerr: That is some good news.

Of the unironic kind.
----
So my red cross volunteering came through.
I'm going to start teaching grandpas how to use word and their mobiles.
yay...
So an army of senior hackers at your disposal. Gott im Himmel, you will be unstoppable. :-)
And congratulations. I love volunteering work, especially ones where you get to be hands on with helping people.

FearfulSymmetry: Haha, it's good to hear you're still smiling. You can still be in the club if you want to be, though. ;)

Thanks! I hope so too. I have another class on Friday morning that I can't really miss, so I hope I'm at least mostly functional by then. :P

Oh, that's awesome! I don't go to Amsterdam much myself but it's an interesting city. You might be able to see some nice things if you have a little time for sightseeing. :)

*thank you hug*
Yay! *big club hug*

*sending big healing hugs and the hope you will be feeling up to you class*

Shall we dress Agent up as you and send him in your place? It is the least he could do for a fellow club member. :-)

I think we should have a few days there, and there definitely looks like a lot of nice things to do. I tend to prefer less busy/popular areas to visit as they are often more lovely and you see a more genuine side of the country rather than the part that is built for tourists (if that makes sense?). But we are going for free as our friends are taking us while one of them is visiting some of her family, so it should be fun. Our friend's family have offered to take us to some nice places, so it should be nice to see some of the lesser known parts of the city.

*more hugs*
Post edited February 10, 2016 by ddickinson
ddickinson: Yay! *big club hug*

*sending big healing hugs and the hope you will be feeling up to you class*

Shall we dress Agent up as you and send him in your place? It is the least he could do for a fellow club member. :-)

I think we should have a few days there, and there definitely looks like a lot of nice things to do. I tend to prefer less busy/popular areas to visit as they are often more lovely and you see a more genuine side of the country rather than the part that is built for tourists (if that makes sense?). But we are going for free as our friends are taking us while one of them is visiting some of her family, so it should be fun. Our friend's family have offered to take us to some nice places, so it should be nice to see some of the lesser known parts of the city.

*more hugs*
*return club hug and thank you hug*

Does that mean we get to put Agent in a dress? I just bought a very fancy long black one a few weeks back ...

Yep, I can understand that. Amsterdam is definitely very touristic, and you do notice that walking around there. Still, with a good guide you should have a nice time since there are definitely plenty of things to see. :) I hope you have a great time while you're there.
ddickinson: Did you know that some states are eligible for the charging of regional pricing. I think it was about 10+ states so far, and others following suit. But then the US has very low tax (even though you complain about it more than anyone. :-)). I think your highest is about 7% in California, with most states being about 2-5%, where as the UK for example has 20%. And I doubt publishers would dare charge the US, there would be lots of complains due to each state being charged differently and the fact they would be paying more for things.

Well most people find it silly to not buy from companies. Just look at people that find it hard to believe people won't use Steam. I tend to just think that there are many developers and publishers out there, so why not give my money to one who at least deserves it.
I didn't know that about regional pricing. We do complain a lot about taxes. Maybe because our government is inefficient. Plus, a lot of people don't like how millionaires often end up paying a lower percentage of income than poor people do thanks to loopholes in the system. The system could use some work :-)
I'm sure everyone would complain about regional prices in the US, but I'm also sure that almost everyone would buy the games anyway.

Exactly! I'm finally reaching the point where I've realized, "I have quite a few games, and there are quite a few more that I don't have, but I don't really need them all." :-) Of course, having most of them would be nice, but I'm not in a greedy mood lately :-p
FearfulSymmetry: *return club hug and thank you hug*

Does that mean we get to put Agent in a dress? I just bought a very fancy long black one a few weeks back ...

Yep, I can understand that. Amsterdam is definitely very touristic, and you do notice that walking around there. Still, with a good guide you should have a nice time since there are definitely plenty of things to see. :) I hope you have a great time while you're there.
Perfect, so we have the dress and the wig. Now we just need to get him a fully body wax and he will be all set. :-)

Thank you, I am sure it will be lovely, and I will be sure to tell you how I got on. I was trying to stay clear of the prostitution and drug jokes, as I know there is more to Amsterdam than that. Maybe if Endre had been here I would have. :-)

*big hug*
FearfulSymmetry: Totally agree with that sentiment, and I hope your ailments will go there as well, so we can all feel better. :P

Oooh, those are lots of blankets. Very shiny. :) Right now I'm kind of going through hot spells and cold spells, so I'll pile on more clothing because I'm cold only to have to take it all off again five minutes later because I'm burning up. Wish my body would make up its mind already on whether it wants to be hot or cold. :P *hugs*

Ugh... That is the worst! Why can't bodies just pick a temperature and stick with it? >:-/ Switching from cold to hot gets old fast.
(I've been complaining about being cold a lot lately, but the truth is, I prefer it over being hot, so I guess I oughtta shut the hell up :-p)
AgentBirdnest: I didn't know that about regional pricing. We do complain a lot about taxes. Maybe because our government is inefficient. Plus, a lot of people don't like how millionaires often end up paying a lower percentage of income than poor people do thanks to loopholes in the system. The system could use some work :-)
I'm sure everyone would complain about regional prices in the US, but I'm also sure that almost everyone would buy the games anyway.

Exactly! I'm finally reaching the point where I've realized, "I have quite a few games, and there are quite a few more that I don't have, but I don't really need them all." :-) Of course, having most of them would be nice, but I'm not in a greedy mood lately :-p
Sadly that is how capitalism works, it seems to go hand in hand with corruption, so the rich get richer and make sure they stay that way while not caring for anyone else.

But imagine if the US had to pay 10-20% more for some of their games, would they complain then and not buy as many games, especially given that there is some uncertainty over the validity of the whole regional pricing thing?

I think having a big backlog many of us feel like that. Digital games and big sales are great, but they do leave us with hundreds of games, and for many of us they are still unplayed games for the most part.
ddickinson: Perfect, so we have the dress and the wig. Now we just need to get him a fully body wax and he will be all set. :-)

Thank you, I am sure it will be lovely, and I will be sure to tell you how I got on. I was trying to stay clear of the prostitution and drug jokes, as I know there is more to Amsterdam than that. Maybe if Endre had been here I would have. :-)

*big hug*
Haha, poor Agent. :) I can just about see him in that dress ...

Yes, I'd love to hear that. :) Haha, well, there's a fair chance you'll run into some of that, since the prostitution and the drugs are very tourist-oriented as well. Makes for a thrilling story, though. :)

I usually tend to visit the Hague (the seat of our government) rather than Amsterdam, because it feels slightly less touristic while still being a big and important city. Maybe you'll get to see that too someday?