It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ElTerprise: Well that will be interesting to see indeed...might end up testing that because i already bought Terraria in Space aka Starbound :)
That's my only big concern about the programme too but considering GOG's curated approach and the sheer number of tosh in the early access programme elsewhere (or as Crow would say "the rental platform" ^^) i'm not too worried (at the moment).

You're welcome *another big hug*

That would've been a good solution to but i would've opted for the oubliette approach because it involves less cothreaderal damage ;)
Is it the same developers of Terraria, as it looks almost identical to me on first glance? I wonder what will happen if one of the games fails to deliver, I would think it would more of a backlash on GOG than Steam. But hopefully GOG looks into the developers, although by looking at the announcement thread, the developers of one of the games are not so nice to their customers or even show any dates for the games release. Maybe GOG should only allow games that can guarantee to be fully released in a set number of months, to avoid games staying in early access for years (I think someone said there is one on Steam that has been in early access for 7 years),

toxicTom: Sorry to hear that :-/

Same wishes for you *fingers crossed*
Thank you. *big hug*
Post edited January 28, 2016 by ddickinson
ddickinson: But to be fair, if you try to burn and kill our lovely Fearful then I would have to get my chainsword and cut off more than just your legs this time. :-)

*big silly hug*
*Behaves forever* ',','',',',,''8-|
Early access games! The Great ancient God Gabe newell is satisfied at the sight of such splendour and the sacrifice of GOG's principles and dignity! HAHAHA! Soon all of the gaming world will be consumed by Steam!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Gabe Newell Steam wgah'nagl fhtagn!

Also, hi thread!
Post edited January 28, 2016 by Soccorro
AgentBirdnest: *Behaves forever* ',','',',',,''8-|
Good. You can uncross your legs now. :-)

Soccorro: Early access games! The Great ancient God Gabe newell is satisfied at the sight of such splendour and the sacrifice of GOG's principles and dignity! HAHAHA! Soon all of the gaming world will be consumed by Steam!

Also, hi thread!
It would have been nerdier if you said "soon all your games are belong to us". :-)

Hello, Mr Soccorro. How are you, how is life as a nurse?
ddickinson: Is it the same developers of Terraria, as it looks almost identical to me on first glance? I wonder what will happen if one of the games fails to deliver, I would think it would more of a backlash on GOG than Steam. But hopefully GOG looks into the developers, although by looking at the announcement thread, the developers of one of the games are not so nice to their customers or even show any dates for the games release. Maybe GOG should only allow games that can guarantee to be fully released in a set number of months, to avoid games staying in early access for years (I think someone said there is one on Steam that has been in early access for 7 years),
It's not the same development studio but if i'm not mistaken there are some of the Terraria developers involved in it. You're probably right. The backlash will be quite severe i guess...let's hope it won't happen. Well honestly i don't see a problem with games being in Early Access for years as long as the game has enough replay value which i guess all of the GOG-Early Access games have and as long as it really is beneficial for the game. I think Project Zomboid is in development since about 2011...
AgentBirdnest: *Behaves forever* ',','',',',,''8-|
ddickinson: Good. You can uncross your legs now. :-)

Soccorro: Early access games! The Great ancient God Gabe newell is satisfied at the sight of such splendour and the sacrifice of GOG's principles and dignity! HAHAHA! Soon all of the gaming world will be consumed by Steam!

Also, hi thread!
ddickinson: It would have been nerdier if you said "soon all your games are belong to us". :-)

Hello, Mr Soccorro. How are you, how is life as a nurse?
AHEM! That's Paramedic and soon to be nurse Soccorro! >:(

and i'm good thanks :) i've read about you not feeling well, so i'll skip returning the question if you don't mind
ElTerprise: It's not the same development studio but if i'm not mistaken there are some of the Terraria developers involved in it. You're probably right. The backlash will be quite severe i guess...let's hope it won't happen. Well honestly i don't see a problem with games being in Early Access for years as long as the game has enough replay value which i guess all of the GOG-Early Access games have and as long as it really is beneficial for the game. I think Project Zomboid is in development since about 2011...
It seems to be all the craze with indie developers to use the aesthetics of other games in their game. I guess, how about rules that progress must be seen after a set number of months or it is removed? I doubt that would happen, as GOG would lose sales of the game.

Soccorro: AHEM! That's Paramedic and soon to be nurse Soccorro! >:(

and i'm good thanks :) i've read about you not feeling well, so i'll skip returning the question if you don't mind
I know. :-)

Well it is not just my health at the moment, which is why it is taking more out of me on top of my health. But nether mind that. How are you liking the "new" releases?
ddickinson: I am... I will just say that I am as good as can be expected. Life is being pretty horrible for me at the moment, with one thing after another. But I don't want to bother anyone here with it all, it won't do any good and I don't want to make this place all down. It is supposed to be fun here on the thread of Fred. :-)
Hey DD, great to see you back here!!!
Sorry to hear that, and if you want to talk, just use the chat. But I also think it's better to do that less publicly.

*big return hug*
ElTerprise: It's not the same development studio but if i'm not mistaken there are some of the Terraria developers involved in it. You're probably right. The backlash will be quite severe i guess...let's hope it won't happen. Well honestly i don't see a problem with games being in Early Access for years as long as the game has enough replay value which i guess all of the GOG-Early Access games have and as long as it really is beneficial for the game. I think Project Zomboid is in development since about 2011...
ddickinson: It seems to be all the craze with indie developers to use the aesthetics of other games in their game. I guess, how about rules that progress must be seen after a set number of months or it is removed? I doubt that would happen, as GOG would lose sales of the game.

Soccorro: AHEM! That's Paramedic and soon to be nurse Soccorro! >:(

ddickinson: I know. :-)

Well it is not just my health at the moment, which is why it is taking more out of me on top of my health. But nether mind that. How are you liking the "new" releases?
It was bound to hapen sooner or later. I don't care much if there are early access games here but i think it will scare away even more of the regulars.
ddickinson: It seems to be all the craze with indie developers to use the aesthetics of other games in their game. I guess, how about rules that progress must be seen after a set number of months or it is removed? I doubt that would happen, as GOG would lose sales of the game.
Well i think it's fitting - probably due to the fact that i love Terraria ;)
Might be a good idea but what happens in case a developer fails to deliver due to unforseen circumstances....like the code theft which happened to the Zomboid devs or something like that...
PalioDeMonte: Hey DD, great to see you back here!!!
Sorry to hear that, and if you want to talk, just use the chat. But I also think it's better to do that less publicly.

*big return hug*
Thank you. I am not sure if I will be back for too long, but I will try to visit more often.

How are things with you? I hope you are doing good?

*big hug*

Soccorro: It was bound to hapen sooner or later. I don't care much if there are early access games here but i think it will scare away even more of the regulars.
I think that as long as there is not a disproportionate amount of early access games announced compared to full games, or at the expense of full releases, then people will probably be okay with it. But it would be sad to see the place swamped with early access games.

ElTerprise: Well i think it's fitting - probably due to the fact that i love Terraria ;)
Might be a good idea but what happens in case a developer fails to deliver due to unforseen circumstances....like the code theft which happened to the Zomboid devs or something like that...
Did they have no backup of the code? No secure copy of it somewhere? That seems a bit silly for a company to do, especially with all the storage (physical and cloud) and encryption available these days. But even if some unforeseen event happens, let's say an engine update that breaks the game, then if the devs are honest and tell the community then it would probably be okay. But maybe some proof should be given to GOG so that devs can't use such an excuse just for more time? But I don't really know too much about the whole early access system, so I guess much of this would probably not be viable.
Salutations Vitamin DD ! :)
ddickinson: Did they have no backup of the code? No secure copy of it somewhere? That seems a bit silly for a company to do, especially with all the storage (physical and cloud) and encryption available these days. But even if some unforeseen event happens, let's say an engine update that breaks the game, then if the devs are honest and tell the community then it would probably be okay. But maybe some proof should be given to GOG so that devs can't use such an excuse just for more time? But I don't really know too much about the whole early access system, so I guess much of this would probably not be viable.
I guess they could've done that. Apparently two of their laptops were stolen...and i don't anything about that developer. Might be one which started as amateur project which would explain that naive behaviour...but i don't know anything specific about it.

Having the programme curated is definitely better than the laissez-faire approach of Steam but i think it might be an option to remove a game in case the developers fails to make progress in development - but i imagine that GOG is aware of that considering their overcautious behaviour when they region-locked games after the launch of the German-language site...
*waves goodbye to everyone* Gotta go. Important Agent-related appointment. See you all later this evenoon.

ddickinson: Good. You can uncross your legs now. :-)
Errrrr... not yet ,'',',',):-\
AgentBirdnest: *waves goodbye to everyone* Gotta go. Important Agent-related appointment. See you all later this evenoon.
*big hug* See you later. And best of luck with that appointment :)