It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

l0rdtr3k: Can't believe I'm saying this but,Alone in the Dark 3 isn't all that bad. Sounds like someone wants to get hugges again.
*big sliding tackle hug* ;)

AgentBirdnest: *double twug*
I'm a bit tired, and really bad at FTL, but feeling good otherwise :-p
Glad to hear that - and i'm bad at FTL as well :P

FearfulSymmetry: Yep, they'll probably put the demo up publically when they officially release the game. :) And yes, they're great people. They also upgraded all pre-order owners to the deluxe edition for free because there were some delays in releasing the game. I felt that was a really nice gesture as well.
I see. That's great behaviour indeed :).
ElTerprise: Glad to hear that - and i'm bad at FTL as well :P
I coulda sworn I was better at it in the past. I used to win about 1 of every 4 or 5 games. But since re-installing, I'm 0 for 17 :-p
My first win ever was on my 53rd attempt. That 52-game losing streak may be in jeopardy ^^
Still, I can't stop playing. I love it.
Post edited December 22, 2015 by AgentBirdnest
AgentBirdnest: I coulda sworn I was better at it in the past. I used to win about 1 of every 4 or 5 games. But since re-installing, I'm 0 for 17 :-p
My first win ever was on my 53rd attempt. That 52-game losing streak may be in jeopardy ^^
Still, I can't stop playing. I love it.
Me neither and i only won once thus far....have a terrible karma in that game :P
Does Quake seriously come without the music soundtrack? I was so excited too.
Shame.
dfektive: Does Quake seriously come without the music soundtrack? I was so excited too.
Shame.
Gotta love decades-old licensing problems.
CarrionCrow: Gotta love decades-old licensing problems.
Had that bit of information been given in the desc. I'd not have bothered buying it. I have a music-less installment on another pc of mine already. Was thinking it would be worth it. Meh. Uninstall it when I'm not lazy.
Anyone else getting the disappearing account tab again? I get it once every few weeks, and have to clear my Firefox history to get it to return. Wondering if it's just me, or everyone.
Also, good whatever, whoever :-)
AgentBirdnest: Anyone else getting the disappearing account tab again? I get it once every few weeks, and have to clear my Firefox history to get it to return. Wondering if it's just me, or everyone.
Also, good whatever, whoever :-)
No, haven't had that problem since they said they were going to fix it. Guess you're just lucky.

-waves by way of greeting since I still don't own a hat-
How sneaky, the competition is having their winter sale.............
In winter! :-)
CarrionCrow: -waves by way of greeting since I still don't own a hat-
Wanna know a secret? My helmet isn't even a real helmet... It's wool. But it's the same color as a WW2 helmet, and the knitting pattern looks just like camouflage netting, so most people don't notice the difference :-p
EndreWhiteMane: How sneaky, the competition is having their winter sale.............
Why would anyone do that? Winter sales belong in Fall >:-| (I get to say "Fall" while DD is not around ^^)
Attachments:
birdnest.jpg (52 Kb)
Post edited December 23, 2015 by AgentBirdnest
EndreWhiteMane: How sneaky, the competition is having their winter sale.............
Getting the feeling they're making a lot of money, if their site trying to crash as I look at sale items is any indicator.
AgentBirdnest: Wanna know a secret? My helmet isn't even a real helmet... It's wool. But it's the same color as a WW2 helmet, and the knitting pattern looks just like camouflage netting, so most people don't notice the difference :-p
That makes sense. From what I've seen, WW2-era helmets weren't exactly comfortable. People just dealt with it since other people wanted to shoot them in the head.
Post edited December 23, 2015 by CarrionCrow
CarrionCrow: Getting the feeling they're making a lot of money, if their site trying to crash as I look at sale items is any indicator.
I would imagine so. They won't get rich off of me though, I've got 13 games in my cart for a grand total of 16 bucks.
*whooooo* So begins the Christmas rush!

Also, what's the "New Dark" version of System Shock 2? I just had an update to my library - is this a "new reskin" or just what GoG calls the tricks they use to get SS2 up and running?
EndreWhiteMane: I would imagine so. They won't get rich off of me though, I've got 13 games in my cart for a grand total of 16 bucks.
Sounds like you're shopping quite well, getting that much for that price.

Going back and forth a bit here, trying to decide what to get, what to wait for whenever it shows up on GOG.
Ixamyakxim: *whooooo* So begins the Christmas rush!

Also, what's the "New Dark" version of System Shock 2? I just had an update to my library - is this a "new reskin" or just what GoG calls the tricks they use to get SS2 up and running?
I'm thinking it's a mod used to tweak the games. A new version came out, so they put it in the updates.
Post edited December 23, 2015 by CarrionCrow
CarrionCrow: I'm thinking it's a mod used to tweak the games. A new version came out, so they put it in the updates.
Thanks! I think part of me was hoping it was some crazy new engine (like a few of the other games that have recently had "HD" / engine remakes) that would let me try and crank up the resolution.

I have to go back to this one - guilty confession - while I played it on release (I remember going CRAZY waiting for this one to come out!) I never finished it. I went pretty far along but never wrapped it up. I should fix that sooner rather than later I think...