It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Yep, since the buy now button goes straight to Steam. Dave Gilbert has said several times that although Wadjet Eye was involved in making the game and can claim credit to that, they're no longer authorized to sell it themselves, nor can they influence sales and such.

Empress_Owl: Yeah... I liked the robots duet, even if our character was not very funny and sometimes a bit boring. I liked the story, and the atmosphere... on the other hand, there was really lots of dialogs, and as a French owl I didn't get everything (too many side-story details, perhaps ?...). That made the game's pace a bit too slow, in my opinion.
Yep, that's definitely true. I think this is one of those games about which you need to think a bit more after finishing, and maybe come back to it again at some later stage. The story is not always that clear and it can be a bit hard to see what's going on. I agree with your criticism, but at the same time I liked the setting enough to still enjoy the game. :)
Oh wait, I found a quotation about this by Dave Gilbert on the Wadjet Eye forum:
Since we wrote the game, we definitely have the source code! But yeah, it's the IP that we don't have, so we can't make sequels or sell it on GoG or whatever. PlayFirst has pretty much given up on the PC market, but they want to hold onto their IPs in case the option comes up to port them to mobile or other platforms. I imagine if they offered to sell the rights to me, the price would be much higher than I would be able to pay.
Post edited December 08, 2015 by FearfulSymmetry
FearfulSymmetry: Yep, that's definitely true. I think this is one of those games about which you need to think a bit more after finishing, and maybe come back to it again at some later stage. The story is not always that clear and it can be a bit hard to see what's going on. I agree with your criticism, but at the same time I liked the setting enough to still enjoy the game. :)
Yeah... me too... prove : I've finished it :)
Which is not the case of Gemini Rue... the bugs are really annoying... + the complicated story, there again... and some absolutely not engaging characters... hm. :-|
Post edited December 08, 2015 by Empress_Owl
Empress_Owl: Yeah... I liked the robots duet, even if our character was not very funny and sometimes a bit boring. I liked the story, and the atmosphere... on the other hand, there was really lots of dialogs, and as a French owl I didn't get everything (too many side-story details, perhaps ?...). That made the game's pace a bit too slow, in my opinion.
I'm an American Agent and I couldn't quite catch everything either. I agree about the pace being slow. Too many long-winded robots =__= ... but I'd like to play again some time, and try to pay better attention to everything ,','):-|
Empress_Owl: Yeah... me too... prove : I've finished it :)
Which is not the case of Gemini Rue... the bugs are really annoying... + the complicated story, there again... and some absolute not engaging characters... hm. :-|
Yep, I could live with the bugs and the shooting segments if the characters were interesting enough, but somehow they just don't draw me in at all.
j0ekerr: Yes, like the great wall of DRM that never stopped any pillagers and raiders and only served to levy another crushing tax on the poor people.

Nowadays it serves no purpose other than historical, a reminder of the folly of the past.
And the Hanging Piñatas of Gogalon, once said to house epic treasures.
FearfulSymmetry: Yep, since the buy now button goes straight to Steam. Dave Gilbert has said several times that although Wadjet Eye was involved in making the game and can claim credit to that, they're no longer authorized to sell it themselves, nor can they influence sales and such.
Really? I'll take another look. Hurm so the publisher is someone called Playfirst? Let's take a look at their webpag...GAAAAAH MY EYES! IT'S LIKE I'M HAVING RAINBOWS PUKED RIGHT INTO THEM, AND THE COLORS ARE MADE WITH HIGHLY TOXIC CHEMICALS! RED MUST BE PURE CAPSAICIN!
j0ekerr: Really? I'll take another look. Hurm so the publisher is someone called Playfirst? Let's take a look at their webpag...GAAAAAH MY EYES! IT'S LIKE I'M HAVING RAINBOWS PUKED RIGHT INTO THEM, AND THE COLORS ARE MADE WITH HIGHLY TOXIC CHEMICALS! RED MUST BE PURE CAPSAICIN!
Yep, precisely that. I think this was one of Wadjet Eye's earliest games, and they've since learned their lesson about hanging on to game rights and such. ;)
IAmSinistar: And the Hanging Piñatas of Gogalon, once said to house epic treasures.
Do not forget the ancient temples built to worship Chak-u-Chiz with their divine golems and food and their splinter cult the Ahrr-Kheyds who focused more on the worshipping of the blinking lights foregoing the ritualistic golems and ceremonial banquets. Nowadays abandoned, forgotten or destroyed and populated only by the errant golem still guarding the inner sanctums.
----
PS: Hurm, I do actually own a retail copy of Prince of Persia, with Sands of time and Warrior Within, that I bought at one of those newsagent kiosks years ago. That must be why I thought I already had one of them.

How good a game is the remake? I'm not all that fond of cel-shading.
Post edited December 08, 2015 by j0ekerr
Aloha all, hope everyone is doing OK or better, hope you get over your aches and pains soon Owl.
Feeling pretty rough again today but I'm kind of used to that, I'm OK other than being too old. :-)
Sale is a bit underwhelming today, lots of great things but nothing I don't already have.
*hugs, waves, chocolate milk*
EndreWhiteMane: Aloha all, hope everyone is doing OK or better, hope you get over your aches and pains soon Owl.
Feeling pretty rough again today but I'm kind of used to that, I'm OK other than being too old. :-)
Sale is a bit underwhelming today, lots of great things but nothing I don't already have.
Good moaning.

We were reminiscing about the ancient wonders of the gaming world.

So far we've got Lara Croft's pyramid boobs, the Great Wall of DRM. The Hanging Piñatas of Gogalon and the ancient temples of Chak-u-Chiz.
AgentBirdnest: I'm an American Agent and I couldn't quite catch everything either. I agree about the pace being slow. Too many long-winded robots =__= ... but I'd like to play again some time, and try to pay better attention to everything ,','):-|
No one ever understood GTA San Andreas without subtitles.
Post edited December 08, 2015 by j0ekerr
EndreWhiteMane: Aloha all, hope everyone is doing OK or better, hope you get over your aches and pains soon Owl.
Have you ever been hugged by a bear before?
j0ekerr: No one ever understood GTA San Andreas without subtitles.
Never played it... I only played Vice City, and didn't really get into it. I was just bored out of my mind =__= GTA is not my thing, apparently.
Hey Endre ! **big bear hugs**
I feel much better in fact, thanks to magical paracetamol (my favourite medic friend). I barely feel any pain anymore, woohoo \o/ ... now I'm just fighting to avoid falling asleep on my keyboard :)
I'm sorry to read you're not in a great shape either... I hope you'll feel better soon... !!
I agree about your point of viw on today's sale... :) ... my wallet can take a break, phew... !
**Hugs and cherry/peach tea** (it doesn't sound great... but it tastes great anyway ^^)
I'm trying to spark a discussion on the merits of some good old games.

It's harder than it looks.
Well, crap. Guess I'll just twiddle my thumbs until tomorrow. Looks like I'll already have the bundles, but maybe there'll be something good in the daily deals.