It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tinyE: OOOPS!
NVM! :P
What did you do? Did you drop the jar of Dagon eggs again?
tinyE: XD I was typing something about a game but realized I might be trolling so I went to delete it accidentally sent that. XD It is going to be a weird day! :P
AgentBirdnest: You worry too much. Personally, I haven't considered anything you've posted in here "trolling". Do you think we are too classy for you or something? I'd like to point out the Mormon nurses scandal we have ;-p
Oh well, good sir. I do believe he might be of a lower social standing than the two of us, yet as my good ol' grandfather, Sir Robert of Wathingsnuzzle, used to say: Take care of the peasants in times of plenty for they may help you in times of hunger.
Though as I think about the words, I do believe he meant pheasants.
We might as well shoot the pleb for trespassing.
Oh how long has been the last jolly hunting.
Chop-chop, Jeeves. Bring me my rifle.
tinyE: XD I was typing something about a game but realized I might be trolling so I went to delete it accidentally sent that. XD It is going to be a weird day! :P
Freudian slips. Your subconscious knows what you did there.

The downside of using the laptop in the living room? I must suffer a mexican telenovela on the telly. I'm pretty sure high schoolers have better acting skills, but far less perfect cheekbones.
j0ekerr: Freudian slips. Your subconscious knows what you did there.

The downside of using the laptop in the living room? I must suffer a mexican telenovela on the telly. I'm pretty sure high schoolers have better acting skills, but far less perfect cheekbones.
You forgot the well-formed chests. Where are you looking, mate? You're only looking at their eyes!
I have ultimately made the decision to slow down my activity in the forums, probably for good this time. However I will still (on occasion) hang out in certain threads such as this one, and in the subforums too.

Sorry,but with all this tension the GOG forums just aren't as fun as they used to be. When I first signed up, it was all welcoming and classy. I never thought other forums were as nice as this one. This was my go to place for discussion about everything gaming.... but now, unfortunately, with the recent turn of events, things have changed. Now I'm starting to post in other forums more often, soon probably more often than this one. That's because I'm just not having as much fun here anymore.

On the bright side I do have a nice DRM-free backlog here, almost all of which I have downloaded, so I can get busy with that. There's also threads like this, which do a good job of preserving whatever is left of all the light-heartedness that used to be all over in this community. So again, I can still hang out in here (and in the Hermit Cave too, unless the chimp decides to close that thread), and have fun with the games I've accumulated.

Anyways..... I've done enough rambling for now.....
tinyE: Fine then, anyone here played Skyrim? I would like some opinions. Now that I'm getting a new PC I can start looking at all of these games I've been denied for so long and that is one at the top of the list.
I was expecting trolling >:-p *sigh*... Tant pis...
Have you played Morrowind or Oblivion?
Personally... I couldn't get into Skyrim, it was missing something that I can't put my finger on (heart? :-p) and I got bored after a while, but I know that most people love it. It is a massive world with plenty of content, and a metric pluckton of mods for everything you can imagine.
I'd say it's worth a try for just about anyone who likes open-world games. I didn't even care for it much, but spent about 17 hours playing it, which I consider my money's worth. (Most people I know have spent hundreds of hours or more playing it.)
It goes on sale pretty often. If you are interested, I'd suggest waiting not-too-long to find it for 66-75% off.

[/not that helpful] ;-p
Post edited August 04, 2015 by AgentBirdnest
GreenDamsel: Oh well, good sir. I do believe he might be of a lower social standing than the two of us, yet as my good ol' grandfather, Sir Robert of Wathingsnuzzle, used to say: Take care of the peasants in times of plenty for they may help you in times of hunger.
Though as I think about the words, I do believe he meant pheasants.
We might as well shoot the pleb for trespassing.
Oh how long has been the last jolly hunting.
Chop-chop, Jeeves. Bring me my rifle.
I'm afraid Sir, that after the incident with Lady Warglenpooft and the Lady's father you instructed me to get rid of the "dready thing". An unnecessary instruction anyhow, since the weapon, not having been properly maintained for years malfunctioned rather dramatically, causing Lord Warglenpooft all manner of amusing injuries, of a somewhat ironic nature as well, since he was trying to inflict said injuries on your person. I believe that it is probably part of a lamp somewhere at this point.
Post edited August 04, 2015 by j0ekerr
tinyE: Fine then, anyone here played Skyrim? I would like some opinions. Now that I'm getting a new PC I can start looking at all of these games I've been denied for so long and that is one at the top of the list.
AgentBirdnest: I was expecting trolling >:-p *sigh*... Tant pis...
Personally... I couldn't get into Skyrim, it was missing something that I can't put my finger on (heart? :-p) and I got bored after a while, but I know that most people love it. It is a massive world with plenty of content, and a metric pluckton of mods for everything you can imagine.
I'd say it's worth a try for just about anyone who likes open-world games. I didn't even care for it much, but spent about 17 hours playing it, which I consider my money's worth.
It goes on sale pretty often. If you are interested, I'd suggest waiting not-too-long to find it for 66-75% off.

[/not that helpful] ;-p
*grabs Agent and gives him hugs and peanut butter*
Post edited August 04, 2015 by l0rdtr3k
GreenDamsel: You forgot the well-formed chests. Where are you looking, mate? You're only looking at their eyes!
It's not my fault if they're showing mostly medium and close-up shots of the guys' perfect hair and fashionably stubble covered manly chin.

Which I'm not interested in any way at all. Really!
AgentBirdnest: I was expecting trolling >:-p *sigh*... Tant pis...
I'd say it's worth a try for just about anyone who likes open-world games. I didn't even care for it much, but spent about 17 hours playing it, which I consider my money's worth.

[/not that helpful] ;-p
;
Funny you mentioned Oblivion. i have the GOTY edition but have only been able to play it with EVERYTHING turned way down so I'm super jazzed to get a crack at it with new specs. The one thing all ES games have in common, even the older ones, is that their landscapes are so beautiful and on a shit computer you lose all of that.

BTW I might be asking A LOT questions like this. Just looking at the library here I've never been able to play Witcher, Saints Row, Sacred 2, just to name a few, until now (or whenever the computer gets here), so I might get kind of annoying asking about them .:P
BillyMaysFan59: ...snip...
Tension? Wut? More Victor Vran type drama?
BillyMaysFan59: [...]
Understandable. I know the feeling. That's why I only hang out in this thread since it started. I still feel that warm, welcoming, classy, friendly feeling here.
Hope you'll continue to at least hang out in this thread a little :-)
l0rdtr3k: *grabs Agent and gives him hugs and peanut butter*
*squishes the living hell out of the Blob* :-p
Post edited August 04, 2015 by AgentBirdnest
BillyMaysFan59: [...]
AgentBirdnest: Understandable. I know the feeling. That's why I only hang out in this thread since it started. I still feel that warm, welcoming, classy, friendly feeling here.
l0rdtr3k: *grabs Agent and gives him hugs and peanut butter*
AgentBirdnest: *squishes the living hell out of the Blob* :-p
I can't help but to imagine you as a chibi soldier all covered up in peanut butter.
I got Oblivion on the 360 and it bored my underpants off.

I didn't like the clumsy combat system, nor the directionless wandering when I was dropped right into the middle of it, and worst of all the faces creeped me too much to keep playing.

I however, loved Fallout 3.
-------
Mexican telenovela bikinis... I thought those kinds of boobs only existed in depraved drawings.
AgentBirdnest: Understandable. I know the feeling. That's why I only hang out in this thread since it started. I still feel that warm, welcoming, classy, friendly feeling here.

*squishes the living hell out of the Blob* :-p
l0rdtr3k: I can't help but to imagine you as a chibi soldier all covered up in peanut butter.
Somewhere out there, there is a guy who has a fetish for soldiers covered in peanut butter. Mark my words. Never forget Rule 41.
j0ekerr: I got Oblivion on the 360 and it bored my underpants off.

I didn't like the clumsy combat system, nor the directionless wandering when I was dropped right into the middle of it, and worst of all the faces creeped me too much to keep playing.

I however, loved Fallout 3.
-------
Mexican telenovela bikinis... I thought those kinds of boobs only existed in depraved drawings.
At least send me a link to whatever you're watching
Post edited August 04, 2015 by GreenDamsel