It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I've successfully defused a drama bomb through some clever use of semantics.

I'm da greatest! I'm also full of it.
Post edited July 24, 2015 by j0ekerr
moonshineshadow: Good thing I just came home *flies to rescue Agent* Somehow this is turning into a regular thing ;-)
AgentBirdnest: Woo! Thanks again, reliable Moon! ;-D
You are welcome ;-)
*big hug*
Man I love video games.
BillyMaysFan59: It's possible with Papers, Please. ;)
j0ekerr: But the fun there comes from the broken spirits of the hopeful, dream filled faces you get to crush under the oppressive boot of reality, with a stamp.

Why do I have a boner right now?
Maybe you've been staring at the armpit god too long...
CarrionCrow: Coffee without caffeine is like a cigarette without nicotine. Just going through the motions with no payoff.
But it tricks your mind into believing you're getting the stuff. So that you don't have to slap your hand away from reaching for the coffe mug because you already have one in your hand.
--------
I've still got 3 CostCo cookies left. Which expired 10 days ago btw.

They still taste exactly the same.

valkin15: Man I love video games.
I support this post.
moonshineshadow: Hmm... the first one sounds way too reasonable, so it must be the alternative version :D
I decided, to actually read what the GOG staff wrote on the post.

Turns out this whole thing is probably blown out of proportion drama fueled by vague wording.

My new theory is...

1- You log to gog.
2- You download the game through gog, while logged in, very important part that.
3- You get a key code in your account.
4- You install and run the game.
5- You enter the aforementioned code in the game interface.
6- You unlock shiny loot.
7- You play the game and feel smug about how much better than Diablo 3 it is.
8- Profit.
moonshineshadow: Hmm... the first one sounds way too reasonable, so it must be the alternative version :D
j0ekerr: I decided, to actually read what the GOG staff wrote on the post.

Turns out this whole thing is probably blown out of proportion drama fueled by vague wording.

My new theory is...

1- You log to gog.
2- You download the game through gog, while logged in, very important part that.
8- Profit.
Not sure about that, look at this screens, this sure does look like an ingame login and not just entering a code:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_victor_vran_92633/post118
j0ekerr: I decided, to actually read what the GOG staff wrote on the post.

My new theory is...

1- You log to gog.
8- Profit.
Yeah, as moonshineshadow noted, the screenies show it works far differently than that.
Coelocanth: Yeah, as moonshineshadow noted, the screenies show it works far differently than that.
We're getting closer, I can feel it in my bones and the way my head is buzzing with those black wavy lines around it.

Assuming it is in fact a key code. The whole one time use is explained easily now, because it's done by authenticating the key against the game servers.

I'm assuming the account interface is for multiplayer games.

This is of course all asumptions.
Coelocanth: Yeah, as moonshineshadow noted, the screenies show it works far differently than that.
j0ekerr: We're getting closer, I can feel it in my bones and the way my head is buzzing with those black wavy lines around it.

Assuming it is in fact a key code. The whole one time use is explained easily now, because it's done by authenticating the key against the game servers.

Could be. I'll be interested to see when someone reports actually testing it.
j0ekerr: We're getting closer, I can feel it in my bones and the way my head is buzzing with those black wavy lines around it.

Since I don't own the game it is useless to speculate more, but I think you are wrong. For me the screens look like that you need to login ingame since the first screen shows that.
Argh! Finally getting into some mean Grinding Insanity (tm) again... first time ever in Trails in the sky.
I love the game. Yet... taking breaks seems necessary occasionally.
Took me an hour or more to do one battle. And even that I won with only 1/3 of my team still standing (so no exp for the knocked out companions) - I think these poor heroes deserve an all-nighter pub crawl. Yet I don't see any beer!
We need (virtual) beer!
superstande: Argh! Finally getting into some mean Grinding Insanity (tm) again... first time ever in Trails in the sky.
Took me an hour or more to do one battle. And even that I won with only 1/3 of my team still standing (so no exp for the knocked out companions) - I think these poor heroes deserve an all-nighter pub crawl. Yet I don't see any beer!
We need (virtual) beer!
More than an hour for one battle? Oh wow.
superstande: Argh! Finally getting into some mean Grinding Insanity (tm) again... first time ever in Trails in the sky.
We need (virtual) beer!
moonshineshadow: More than an hour for one battle? Oh wow.
Yeah, for me at least, one of the hardest yet also one of the most interesting ones.
Not only about healing and smashing :)
Good evening, GOG !!
**big hugs and belian beer**
How are you doing ? :)