It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ddickinson: I have read a few articles about how the AAA market is not doing so well, especially on PC. Gamers are getting tired of their poor quality games and the way they treat their customers. But rather than try to fix this, they big publishers just do more and more silly things that will drive customers away. But there will still be enough customers to fill the gap. Look at DRM, most younger gamers don't care, some hate DRM-free, some don't even know what DRM-free is. The older gamers might resist more changes, but there are lots of new gamers who will think the new practices are the norm and put up with them.
They're called Steamkiddies for a reason - but as long every iteration of Call of Duty or simily yearly franchises (Assassin's Creed would another example) sell well (on pc) nothing will change. Unless the majority of gamers - from pc and console alike - decide to stop supporting those companies.
ddickinson: I have read a few articles about how the AAA market is not doing so well, especially on PC. Gamers are getting tired of their poor quality games and the way they treat their customers. But rather than try to fix this, they big publishers just do more and more silly things that will drive customers away. But there will still be enough customers to fill the gap. Look at DRM, most younger gamers don't care, some hate DRM-free, some don't even know what DRM-free is. The older gamers might resist more changes, but there are lots of new gamers who will think the new practices are the norm and put up with them.
ElTerprise: They're called Steamkiddies for a reason - but as long every iteration of Call of Duty or simily yearly franchises (Assassin's Creed would another example) sell well (on pc) nothing will change. Unless the majority of gamers - from pc and console alike - decide to stop supporting those companies.
I play COD because it's quite fun.But I buy the next one after a price drop or buy it used.
And I have to agree with you.
XxXSprayvWarXxX: Hello everyone! How are you?
Doing fine,playing SC 1-2 and some old MMOs.
Post edited July 06, 2015 by l0rdtr3k
ElTerprise: They're called Steamkiddies for a reason - but as long every iteration of Call of Duty or simily yearly franchises (Assassin's Creed would another example) sell well (on pc) nothing will change. Unless the majority of gamers - from pc and console alike - decide to stop supporting those companies.
l0rdtr3k: I play COD because it's quite fun.But I buy the next one after a price drop or buy it used.
l0rdtr3k: Doing fine,playing SC 1-2 and some old MMOs.
Glad to hear! Splinter Cell?!
Good morning!

I am good, thank you. How are you today?

But they are not doing as well, each COD game sells less, pre-orders are starting to drop (dropped 19% in the UK), and more people see them for the buggy messes they are. I think the gamers are slowly seeing the AAA developers as the greedy and lazy companies they are, which is why the AAAs are getting worse as their answer is to go in the opposite direction and get worse rather than better. A bit like the EU. Why listen to the customers and fix things when you can just ignore them, bury your head in the sand, and hope it will all be okay.
l0rdtr3k: I play COD because it's quite fun.But I buy the next one after a price drop or buy it used.

Doing fine,playing SC 1-2 and some old MMOs.
XxXSprayvWarXxX: Glad to hear! Splinter Cell?!
Starcraft -_-
ddickinson: Good morning!

ddickinson: But they are not doing as well, each COD game sells less, pre-orders are starting to drop (dropped 19% in the UK), and more people see them for the buggy messes they are. I think the gamers are slowly seeing the AAA developers as the greedy and lazy companies they are, which is why the AAAs are getting worse as their answer is to go in the opposite direction and get worse rather than better. A bit like the EU. Why listen to the customers and fix things when you can just ignore them, bury your head in the sand, and hope it will all be okay.
Jim Sterling makes great videos about these topics on the Jimquisiton.
Post edited July 06, 2015 by l0rdtr3k

ddickinson: But they are not doing as well, each COD game sells less, pre-orders are starting to drop (dropped 19% in the UK), and more people see them for the buggy messes they are. I think the gamers are slowly seeing the AAA developers as the greedy and lazy companies they are, which is why the AAAs are getting worse as their answer is to go in the opposite direction and get worse rather than better. A bit like the EU. Why listen to the customers and fix things when you can just ignore them, bury your head in the sand, and hope it will all be okay.
I'm good too! Here Grinding GTA Online Ranks again.
XxXSprayvWarXxX: Glad to hear! Splinter Cell?!
l0rdtr3k: Starcraft -_-

But they are not doing as well, each COD game sells less, pre-orders are starting to drop (dropped 19% in the UK), and more people see them for the buggy messes they are. I think the gamers are slowly seeing the AAA developers as the greedy and lazy companies they are, which is why the AAAs are getting worse as their answer is to go in the opposite direction and get worse rather than better. A bit like the EU. Why listen to the customers and fix things when you can just ignore them, bury your head in the sand, and hope it will all be okay.
l0rdtr3k: Jim Sterling makes great videos about these topics on the Jimquisiton.
Okay lord
Post edited July 06, 2015 by XxXSprayvWarXxX
ddickinson: I know what you mean about adventure games. I did not think I would like The Last Door, but I was gifted it and I really enjoyed the game. I think the graphics could have been better, but you get used to them and it did not stop the game building a lovely atmosphere.

You will have to let me know if you get Mind and like it. It would be interesting to see your take on the game, especially the ending.
I saw some screenshots of The Last Door, and was a bit... frightened n__n ... those pixels are massive!! I'm sure I'll give it a try some day, though :-)
I'll let you know if I try Mind :-)

[totally unrelated to anything or anyone here] If you are going to debate something, at least get the name of what you are debating correct... for the love of all that is good and decent... I will not listen to you if you call it the wrong thing.

I think you are wrong about COD, simple because it isn't the same developer all the time. Three companies work on it in 3 year cycle. They add lotsof new things in their games. My point may be invalid, since I'm a big fan of COD.
Post edited July 06, 2015 by XxXSprayvWarXxX
Singleplayer or multiplayer because i can see the appeal of the mulitplayer although it's nothing for me.

Good to see that happen and not a bad analogy actually...unfortunately....

Hello - doing good here, what about you?
XxXSprayvWarXxX: I think you are wrong about COD, simple because it isn't the same developer all the time. Three companies work on it in 3 year cycle. They add lotsof new things in their games. My point may be invalid, since I'm a big fan of COD.
But when i see footage of the game it feels highly iterative and i generally have a problem with jingoistic single-player...
AgentBirdnest: [totally unrelated to anything or anyone here] If you are going to debate something, at least get the name of what you are debating correct... for the love of all that is good and decent... I will not listen to you if you call it the wrong thing.
Could you elaborate on that?
Post edited July 06, 2015 by ElTerprise
AgentBirdnest: I saw some screenshots of The Last Door, and was a bit... frightened n__n ... those pixels are massive!! I'm sure I'll give it a try some day, though :-)
I'll let you know if I try Mind :-)

[totally unrelated to anything or anyone here] If you are going to debate something, at least get the name of what you are debating correct... for the love of all that is good and decent... I will not listen to you if you call it the wrong thing.
I was put off at first, but the story is very interesting. Sadly the game is only half finished, but on a good sale it might be worth trying. As I said, you could be one of the many people who love Mind. Hopefully you will, that way it will be worth the cost.

And what debate are we getting the names wrong?

XxXSprayvWarXxX: I think you are wrong about COD, simple because it isn't the same developer all the time. Three companies work on it in 3 year cycle. They add lotsof new things in their games. My point may be invalid, since I'm a big fan of COD.
I was just referring to the sales, nothing about the games. I don't play the new ones, so I can't say how good or bad they are. I just remember reading how they sell less and less each time.
ElTerprise: Singleplayer or multiplayer because i can see the appeal of the mulitplayer although it's nothing for me.

ElTerprise: Good to see that happen and not a bad analogy actually...unfortunately....

ElTerprise: Hello - doing good here, what about you?
ElTerprise: But when i see footage of the game it feels highly iterative and i generally have a problem with jingoistic single-player...
I'm doing good! The single player is just fine! Everyone says that. Every COD brings something new to the table every year. You need to play Advanced Warfare, as it's one of my favorite COD of all time and this comes from a guy who owns every COD.
ElTerprise: Good to see that happen and not a bad analogy actually...unfortunately....
It seems to be what every big company and group does. Rather than fix the problem and make changes for the better, they do the opposite, then wonder why it all falls apart.
ElTerprise: Singleplayer or multiplayer because i can see the appeal of the mulitplayer although it's nothing for me.

Good to see that happen and not a bad analogy actually...unfortunately....

Hello - doing good here, what about you?

But when i see footage of the game it feels highly iterative and i generally have a problem with jingoistic single-player...
XxXSprayvWarXxX: I'm doing good! The single player is just fine! Everyone says that. Every COD brings something new to the table every year. You need to play Advanced Warfare, as it's one of my favorite COD of all time and this comes from a guy who owns every COD.
Ghosts was a piece of shit,BTW
And Black Ops 3 is looking to be as good,if not better than AW.
Hello Awesome People (tm)!
I bought a second hand moped... man I don't want a pickle,
just wanna ride my motor- cicle! - arlo guthrie
ElTerprise: But when i see footage of the game it feels highly iterative and i generally have a problem with jingoistic single-player...
Stop using words i don't understand or I'll have my country come blow your country up. ;)