It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Congrats on your new job! Get ready to enter the first-person world of a mid-level stockbroker, as you begin your very first day at the trading firm FERIOS. The Invisible Hand is coming soon to GOG.COM!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
It's sth like coming back home after work to play you're still at work?
If yes, then it's at least not for the Goldman juniors working 105 hours/week. Also, there is a coffee crisis and people are indifferent - obviously not very realistic.
Post edited April 20, 2021 by The-Business
Never really understood the appeal of games where you are just doing tasks that you would do at a job. Why turn video games into another job?

Wouldn't be surprised if this game was German.
When do people learn that the term "The Invisible Hand" has nothing to do with autocratic capitalism and self regulation but rather it was about political protectionism from and by the Brits. As if an invisible hand would shield their products from inferiority while allowing any leading state to basically tell others what to purchase. Its ultimately about control.
Crosmando: Never really understood the appeal of games where you are just doing tasks that you would do at a job. Why turn video games into another job?

People who makes these games instrumentalized utilitarianism and thats what meritocracies can to do your brain.
Could be fun! A bit more so if you think of the Black Monday series :-)
ciemnogrodzianin: It's sth like coming back home after work to play you're still at work?
Well like several Zachtronics games and a few other simulations out there :-)
Post edited April 20, 2021 by Carradice
Crosmando: Never really understood the appeal of games where you are just doing tasks that you would do at a job. Why turn video games into another job?

Well The Sims series was a huge best seller and it's pretty much life simulation. Maybe in this one we can deliberately crash the world economy?

I think this game has more a story and message/political statement(s)/"saying something" than something like Truck Sim or Forklift Sim. Besides the description, the developer's name is "Power Struggle Games".
Wait, The Invisible Hand Don Callis is coming here? What about Kenny Omega?

Oh, you mean the game The Invisible Hand. Wishlisted.
That (game) looks interesting.
Post edited April 20, 2021 by MysterD
Carradice: ...
Fair point :) Perhaps it just depends what's your job.
If you're a pirate you may say the same about Monkey Island ;)
GOG.com: The Invisible Hand is coming soon to GOG.COM!
Creepy! How many fingers the Invisible Hand has?

Edit: add quote.
Post edited April 20, 2021 by i_ni
Carradice: ...
ciemnogrodzianin: Fair point :) Perhaps it just depends what's your job.
If you're a pirate you may say the same about Monkey Island ;)
Hehe, I mean, har har! :D

I guess that someone working in anything related to finance, investment banking and so on would find some masochistic pleasure in playing this game. Then again, maybe for prospective Wall Street wolverines?

Some reviews for Silent Hunter II said that the US Navy would have wished to have had such a good simulator for the training of their silent service officers, back in WWII. Close Combat modern combat was said to be based on a RL simulator for training marines, and probably there are more examples out there. Selling a simulator as as game seems to need some elements that add fun, since pure simulators from real life might be too boring for those not having or wanting to play in order to learning RL skills, primarily.
GOG.com: Congrats on your new job! Get ready to enter the first-person world of a mid-level stockbroker, as you begin your very first day at the trading firm FERIOS. The Invisible Hand is coming soon to GOG.COM!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
There are very few themes that repulses me like this one. :P
The game seems like it could be fun, but I do get what some people are saying in terms of it being similar to some jobs and therefore not as attractive to people with those types of jobs. Farming Simulator games would probably not be ideal to a farmer, for example.

Something that tends to disappoint me is when criticism of political and/or economical systems is made with less nuance than I would prefer. I agree with the criticisms this game puts forward and would attribute them to cronyism.
I think it's important to differentiate between cronyism on the one hand, and on the other hand the ability to own property and being able to freely exchange it voluntarily.

I say this from a place of having changed my mind substantially over the years around these topics, and the key to that has been an open mind and the ability to properly separate concepts.

If you're curious about The Invisible Hand concept, also look up Spontaneous Order. I have been truly impressed about what I have found.