It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Recruit a company of up to three mortal heroes and guide them in spirit on a desperate journey from Albion to Jerusalem in this turn-based rogue-lite RPG. The Hand of Merlin is coming soon to GOG.COM.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Looks something I'd like.
Buying in 6 days...
high rated
So, is the rest of him going to be in DLCs?
Lone_Scout: Looks something I'd like.
Buying in 6 days...
Me too ^^
So much good things here recently :)
Morgan le Fay ._.?
Breja: So, is the rest of him going to be in DLCs?
Deserves a round of applause :)

Game looks really interesting. Alas, my PC/toaster laughed at the mere thought of trying to play this.
The Hand of Merlin looks very good. And I have to confess that the combination of RPG, turn-based and roguelike appeals to me. I only have a few buts. The first ''but'' is that while the video game looks very nice it doesn't stand out in its graphics (as far as I can see in the teaser or trailer). It looks the same as other video games of the genre. Maybe I'm asking too much or I'm too demanding. But right off the bat that's one of the problems I see. We'll have to see its gameplay and if it stands out from other titles in the genre. The second ''but'' is that both the subtitles and the audio are in English. And in these cases one misses, at least, that variety of languages in the subtitles as it is customary nowadays. To the wish list... Let's see what times are in store for us... The Hand of Merlin.
Post edited May 05, 2021 by UCrest
UCrest: The Hand of Merlin looks very good. And I have to confess that the combination of RPG, turn-based and roguelike appeals to me. I only have a few buts. The first ''but'' is that while the video game looks very nice it doesn't stand out in its graphics (as far as I can see in the teaser or trailer). It looks the same as other video games of the genre.
It honestly looks like much less visually interesting version of Sword Legacy Omen and Pendragon. Having already played the first one and with second on my wishlist, I don't really feel like I have much need for Hand of Merlin at this time, or in near future.
Breja: It honestly looks like much less visually interesting version of Sword Legacy Omen and Pendragon. Having already played the first one and with second on my wishlist, I don't really feel like I have much need for Hand of Merlin at this time, or in near future.
I understand. Sword Legacy Omen and Pendragon are two jewels of the role-playing, strategy and fantasy genre, @Breja.
I'm honestly thinking a lot about buying The Hand of Merlin.
And, maybe, like you, I also passed on trying this video game.
I've read plenty of novel / novel series based on Camelot, Arthur and Merlin, even a few TV series, so this certainly peaks my interest.

Adding it to Wishlist for now.
2 trailers, but neither one shows gameplay???...
Wait, the map looks like campaign/story based game but it's rogue lite? I'm suspicious with the rogue lite element. I hope they don't just slap it in half assed just because people like rogue element.
RedRagan: Wait, the map looks like campaign/story based game but it's rogue lite? I'm suspicious with the rogue lite element. I hope they don't just slap it in half assed just because people like rogue element.
Was wondering that myself. Hmmmmmm. Rogue lites are trendy at the moment too...
Awesome - looks great.

Pendragon was an interesting game with a cool cardboard cutout style that I liked and while I enjoyed the game I found it a bit... lacking? It was fun for a short time but felt more like a diversion. I was gun-ho to try a few characters out but think I go bored after I solved it with two and didn't feel the need to go bad after under a dozen runs maybe?

THIS however looks like a full fledged more traditional version of what Pendragon was doing so I think I'll have a blast.

I forgot from the game page - is it releasing full or In-Dev?
Breja: So, is the rest of him going to be in DLCs?
Obviously you have to combine this with Hand of Fate 2 in order to unlock the next part of the ARG that'll lead us all to Frog Fractions 4.