It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A farming adventure with a dash of magic – Everdream Valley is coming soon to GOG!

By day, restore your quaint homestead into a summer paradise. Raise crops, care for animals and rebuild to your heart's content. At night inhabit the various farmland creatures through your dreams and bring enchantment to the valley.

This relaxing farm life simulator will allow you to explore the open world to find adventures, animals, collectibles and get to the bottom of what is giving you these magic dreams at night. And there’s so much to do! Spend the nights camping, build a treehouse, catch and collect bugs, go fishing, get new clothes, cook, take photos, build furniture, go treasure hunting. Each little adventure gives you something back to help you grow your farm even more and unlock more story and side quests, all at a leisurely pace.

Moreover, when slumber hits, that’s when the magic of the valley really comes out. Each night your dreams will let you take the role of one of many animals around the farm through unique mini games. The more animal variety on the farm, the more night-time adventures unlock and each has its own unique reward or impact on your farm the next morning.

Check out all the awesome things that Everdream Valley offers and make sure to wishlist it now so you won’t miss its release or any special offer.
it's been available to pre-order on steam for a month or so. always a big red flag but not sure why they don't want to take gog people's money as well before they find out it's yet another lazy and unfinished farming game. or maybe it will be the one exception. I still have it wishlisted there but it will probably go the way of the others if it doesn't have proper manual saving anytime, first of all.
Looks lovely, wishlisted.
...on the other side Sun is shining at night so the roots might grow like mad, and the Moon can reflect what he saw from the deck, and some Farmers can dance on the Farm... vegeteatabobbbles! happy sheep! happy lamas! Day on a farm at the Bahamas... or a little house at Mama`s... same day... I wish for that game...
The art style is adorable.
Looks cozy, could always do with more cozy games.
Thanks for the release!
Looked great, super interesting.

Then I reached the milking the cow screen shot that had "aim the bucket" and "milk the teat" things listed. I don't want that kind of "minigame" getting in the way of things. (Just like Stardew Valley would have been better without the fishing minigame).

EDIT: Cooking also appeared to have a "click the spinner at the right time" bit interfering with playing the game. Tree chopping looked like it may have as well.
Post edited May 18, 2023 by mqstout
mqstout: Looked great, super interesting.

Then I reached the milking the cow screen shot that had "aim the bucket" and "milk the teat" things listed. I don't want that kind of "minigame" getting in the way of things. (Just like Stardew Valley would have been better without the fishing minigame).

EDIT: Cooking also appeared to have a "click the spinner at the right time" bit interfering with playing the game. Tree chopping looked like it may have as well.
While I haven't played the game yet, I think this would be a good addition - as not including it might make it too similar to other farming sims.
J Lo: While I haven't played the game yet, I think this would be a good addition - as not including it might make it too similar to other farming sims.
List of games where such things improved the game:
(this list is intentionally blank)

Heck, even the much-maligned Nintendo got rid of it in the Breath of the Wild 2's cooking. It was one of the innumerable things in BotW that contributed to it being a mediocre-at-best game.
J Lo: While I haven't played the game yet, I think this would be a good addition - as not including it might make it too similar to other farming sims.
mqstout: List of games where such things improved the game:
(this list is intentionally blank)

Heck, even the much-maligned Nintendo got rid of it in the Breath of the Wild 2's cooking. It was one of the innumerable things in BotW that contributed to it being a mediocre-at-best game.
I thought the fishing mini-game is Stardew Valley and Story of Seasons was fine. It's more engaging than Pokemon, where you cast a line and hope for the best.

I think a good compromise here would be implementing both systems. You can choose to do the mini-game, or turn on an automatic mode where the game does it for you.

"It was one of the innumerable things in BotW that contributed to it being a mediocre-at-best game."

:P
I was sold when I spotted the alpacas! :P

And this line from the game description made me chuckle: "Oh. And there is a cat too. Just one, really really grumpy cat. Win him over he might do something for you in return. Maybe. It’s up to him really." xD

Apart from the melody used in the trailer which really, really, really grated on my nerves, I'll admit all of this cuteness won me over, completely. Wishlisted! :)
- Blue overall
- Backward trucker hat
- Round cow

The developer is in love with the original Harvest Moon. I don't hate that, I hope this game actually able to fill the (big) shoes of farming sim.

Sometimes I wonder why Natsume never try to make full blown remake of the original Harvest Moon.
Tried the demo on Steam when I first ran across the GOG mention in their first trailer a month or two ago, and quite liked that. Love the cutesy animal design. Should be coming out at the end of the month.

One weird thing I appreciate is that it doesn't feature flat terrain. It always strikes me as odd that many 3D farm sims like it have most if not all areas that are absolutely flat. A gentle hill environment actually gives a game a bit of character, especially when the game is all about working that land. /odd ramble