It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A new DLC to the outstanding rogue-lite action-platformer can already be seen on the horizon. Gain a sharp aerial ally as you fight through two new biomes and a boss! Dead Cells: Fatal Falls DLC is coming soon to GOG.COM.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
Nice! Looking forward to this! (Despite sucking at this game...)
I have only one question: Will this DLC have any additional cost for those of us who have the complete set with all the previous DLC's or will it be free?
If it's paid for I hope it's a juicy DLC in size, with improvements and new additions... and not those 5 to 6 or 9 MB DLC's that reuse what you've bought (into the videogame) by adding a only couple of scripts.

Description.

''(...) of the new areas, enemies and pet sword… thing... you’ll of course need new tools for killing, wouldn’t be much of a DLC without them to be fair. Here we’ve added in a bunch of new weapons with designs that might take a little more figuring out than some (they can’t all just be frying pans), but once you’ve got the hang of them you’ll be unstoppable''.

I will gladly pay for a juicy DLC with new content. Dead Cells is a great action, adventure and Roguelike video game!
Post edited January 12, 2021 by UCrest
Wonder if there will be a new bundle because the previous Bad Seed bundle is not available anymore.
Can anyone update me on the status of mod support under GOG version of this game?
It's caught my eye but I don't buy DRM games anymore, and I'm not entirely trusting of studios when they don't ensure equal feature support to the DRM free version (I'm even okay with a little delay because I understand adaptations can take time in certain instances, but all the features should be there).

Just been reading reviews and that was my main concern.

Thanks for any updates :)
UCrest: I have only one question: Will this DLC have any additional cost for those of us who have the complete set with all the previous DLC's or will it be free?
There's only been one paid DLC so far. Other games don't give you additional paid DLC for free just because you bought the first one, so I'd say no.
low rated
>metroidvania
>"souls-like"
>roguelite

Vomit.jpg
Crosmando: >metroidvania...
Honestly, Dead Cells is in no way a metroidvania.
Panaias: Honestly, Dead Cells is in no way a metroidvania.
there are areas in each level that you cannot access until you get a new power, die, and repeat the level. You don't backtrack but dying takes you there again.
Crosmando: >metroidvania
>"souls-like"
>roguelite

Vomit.jpg
then you're missing on a great game
Post edited January 13, 2021 by Dogmaus
Panaias: Honestly, Dead Cells is in no way a metroidvania.
Dogmaus: there are areas in each level that you cannot access until you get a new power, die, and repeat the level. You don't backtrack but dying takes you there again...
It's been over a year since I gave it a go, but if I'm not mistaken:
-there's no global map of inter-connected areas
-once you leave an area you cannot return (e.g. to surpass obstacles with a new ability)
-once you die you start from the very beginning again (not from the area where you died) and the area layouts are completely different (re-generated)

So, at least personally, this is not what I would expect from a metroid-style game :)

It is a pity, though, because I really wanted to like this game but I quit after 10 hours or so because I got tired very quickly.

On the other hand, I found that the game that handles metroid-style and rogue-lite together in a great way is Sundered. That one I absolutely enjoyed to the end!
Panaias: -once you die you start from the very beginning again (not from the area where you died) and the area layouts are completely different (re-generated)
yes, so you can spend the acquired cells unlock new stuff. And you go for another run, being a roguelite metroidvania, you progress dying, dying is part of the addictive process and fun. Yes, you cannot return back "alive" (in quotes as the main character is an undead mass of cells), must choose your path and there's a time limit for some doors. Well, it's a matter of taste I guess. But one can't say it's not a metroidvania when the main inspiration is Symphony of the Night and there are upgrades that allow to access previously unaccessible areas. I'm sure Sundered is also great.
Cool, will have to wishlist.