It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

14th December is a day of Home of the Wargamers 2021+ LIVE event that Slitherine Games celebrates on its Twitch channel. It is connected to the reveal of some upcoming strategic titles that will soon arrive on GOG:

Distant Worlds 2
Stargate: Timekeepers
Panzer Corps 2: Pacific
Modern Naval Warfare
Headquarters World War II
Terminator Dark Fate - Defiance
Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector – Necrons
Field of Glory II: Medieval - Storm of Arrowsl

Be sure to visit GOG regularly and stay tuned for more info about upcoming games and DLCs!
foxgog: Hello RedRagan!

I would recommend to give "Silent Hunter II" a try, first. Despite it's outdated graphics, it is a good entry point, and currently available at a 75% discount! Later entries introduced much more management aspects (which I am not so fond of).
I think Silent Hunter 3 is a better entry point. However, I wouldn't recomend SH2 or SH3 as a first choice if he wants to see if Modern Naval Warfare is suitable for him, instead, as you said, Cold Waters (intro) or Dangerous Waters (advanced), because old uboats are played in a pretty different way (mostly without thermal layers, with TDC... etc).
Report from the Frontlines #1
"A fierce war is raging on in Atlanta, and the fate of humanity hangs in the balance. Recently captured surveillance footage has revealed an unidentified group of individuals displaying exceptional combat skills and tactics in their fight against the machines. These skilled fighters pose a new threat to the machines and could be instrumental in turning the tide of the war."

Report from the Frontlines #2
"A barren desert landscape stretches out before them, with no defined landmarks or signs of life. Despite heavy losses suffered on the frontlines, a crucial reinforcement has just arrived. Many brave soldiers have fallen in battle, but a glimmer of hope now shines through the arrival of Alex Church and their group of former US military members."

Report from the Frontlines #3
"Galveston, TX. The time has come for the ultimate showdown between humanity and the machines. Everybody is joining the fight, standing ready to face the greatest final challenge."

"Terminator: Dark Fate - Defiance will be available on PC in Winter 2023."
Swedrami: Report from the Frontlines #1
"A fierce war is raging on in Atlanta, and the fate of humanity hangs in the balance. Recently captured surveillance footage has revealed an unidentified group of individuals displaying exceptional combat skills and tactics in their fight against the machines. These skilled fighters pose a new threat to the machines and could be instrumental in turning the tide of the war."

Report from the Frontlines #2
"A barren desert landscape stretches out before them, with no defined landmarks or signs of life. Despite heavy losses suffered on the frontlines, a crucial reinforcement has just arrived. Many brave soldiers have fallen in battle, but a glimmer of hope now shines through the arrival of Alex Church and their group of former US military members."

Report from the Frontlines #3
"Galveston, TX. The time has come for the ultimate showdown between humanity and the machines. Everybody is joining the fight, standing ready to face the greatest final challenge."

"Terminator: Dark Fate - Defiance will be available on PC in Winter 2023."
I am hyped for this.... Silly as Fuck it might be... I'll be Back .... though, it might be a chance to do some childhood mind cleaning and ban the fear for the evil AI once and for all...

It really is ridiculous how Skynet influenced
didnt realize Charlie Sheen er.. i mean Alex Church was fighting alongside...
Stargate: Timekeepers - Intro Episode 1

"Dive through the Stargate and uncover this thrilling installment, set at the end of season 7 in the Stargate SG-1 storyline. Join Commander Eva McCain and her team as they support SG-1 against Anubis’s fleet during the Battle of Antarctica.

In the heart-pounding heat of battle, Eva's ship is struck and crashes onto the icy expanse of Antarctica. Eva is rescued by her teammate Max Bolton. Together, they embark on a daring mission as they face down the merciless Kull Warriors that rule the area."

"Stargate: Timekeepers will be available December 12, 2023."
Stargate: Timekeepers release moved up to the 23rd of January 2024.
Still waiting on...

... Headquarters World War II

Had hoped we'd have a release date (or some word) by now. *sigh*
No way!

some preliminary review for a demo on Terminator actually managed to leave quite the solid impression

Hype or Spite ????
Terminator: Dark Fate - Defiance: All about units

"Get a close overview of the formidable units you'll face in the game."

Terminator: Dark Fate - Defiance: Environments overview

"Explore the immersive world of the game, where every move matters."

Terminator: Dark Fate - Defiance: Cool gameplay features

"Delve into the coolest gameplay mechanics that set the game apart."
Release Trailer