It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

First, I wanted to say thanks to the original poster here, I didn't know some of the offline installers never got updated and the feeling that CD Project is trying to erode their promise of DRM free games is definitely worrying. Sadly game updates even for the galaxy versions of some games compared to steam often enough seem to be a problem on GOG, which stopped me from getting some games here that I actually wanted to buy.

On a somewhat more positive note, I wanted to post a little update to that offline installer list to keep it up to date.
Vampyr a Trine Enchanted Edition seem to have gotten their updated installers. (see attachments)
Attachments:
vampyr_1.jpg (45 Kb)
low rated
Time4Tea: There is a clear pattern of continual erosion of GOG's core principles.
Can principles one hasn't truly had and/or believed in for quite some time** really be eroded, though?

(**or at all, if they were truly just PR speak from the start as some think)
Icewolfnector: I didn't know some of the offline installers never got updated

On a somewhat more positive note, I wanted to post a little update to that offline installer list to keep it up to date.
Vampyr a Trine Enchanted Edition seem to have gotten their updated installers. (see attachments)
There's a dedicated thread that deals with out-of-date or otherwise inferior gog versions. You can find it here.
low rated
Icewolfnector: First, I wanted to say thanks to the original poster here, I didn't know some of the offline installers never got updated and the feeling that CD Project is trying to erode their promise of DRM free games is definitely worrying. Sadly game updates even for the galaxy versions of some games compared to steam often enough seem to be a problem on GOG, which stopped me from getting some games here that I actually wanted to buy.
If what i've heard from another gogger is true: some of the devs could be submitting the updates for GOG versions, but GOG might be taking it's sweet old time** adding the offline installers/updates to the site.

(**supposedly GOG has some partners/devs they favor over others, and the favored ones get their updates and other correspondence with GOG processed faster)
Post edited March 23, 2021 by GamezRanker
Icewolfnector: First, I wanted to say thanks to the original poster here, I didn't know some of the offline installers never got updated and the feeling that CD Project is trying to erode their promise of DRM free games is definitely worrying. Sadly game updates even for the galaxy versions of some games compared to steam often enough seem to be a problem on GOG, which stopped me from getting some games here that I actually wanted to buy.

The list gets updated automatically every Saturday, so Vampyr should disappear from it next Saturday.

Since the script that checks versions only checks installers, not patches, it misses games that have been updated only via patch, not via the full installer (like Trine). I notified the script writer just now about it, so he might manually remove Trine.
Post edited March 23, 2021 by mrkgnao
The men of principle invented trackerz…
Lodium: Thanks for the info
i thougth the the bugs issue was dropped due to the refunds
i didnt know that was still going on
I dont know what you mean with 'the bugs issue' but I have seen no evidence of the Polish consumer protection office thing having been dropped. Some links:
https://old.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/kv28mq/cd_projekt_examined_by_polish_consumer_protection/
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/cd-projekt-red-uses-dmca-to-shut-down-twitter-accounts-sharing-stolen-source-code-of-its-games/#more-151546
Far as I remember this Polish office sort of gave CDPR a deadline (maybe may 2021 - dont remember for sure) for improving CP2077.
Lodium: Thanks for the info
i thougth the the bugs issue was dropped due to the refunds
i didnt know that was still going on
Zrevnur: I dont know what you mean with 'the bugs issue' but I have seen no evidence of the Polish consumer protection office thing having been dropped. Some links:
https://old.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/kv28mq/cd_projekt_examined_by_polish_consumer_protection/
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/cd-projekt-red-uses-dmca-to-shut-down-twitter-accounts-sharing-stolen-source-code-of-its-games/#more-151546
Far as I remember this Polish office sort of gave CDPR a deadline (maybe may 2021 - dont remember for sure) for improving CP2077.
Alot of custommers experienced bugs with the console version
i dont know all the details but there were talks in various consumer groups suing CDRP project over this
but then refunds was issued so that led me to belive that they may have dropped that
sorry for having mistaken/mixed up with the ones you mentioned.

Do take this what im saying now with a grain of salt since i cant remember the details

But apperantly alot of console users had issues with the way CDRP project Advertised the game
as nearly bug free or wasnt really honest about the amount of bugs
but CDRP project later issued refunds so...
or that sony issued refunds on behalf of CDRP Project
I migth remember the issue wrong
so a grain of salt and all that

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/cyberpunk-2077-owners-receiving-refunds-without-having-to-return-the-game/
Post edited March 23, 2021 by Lodium
Lifthrasil: Courts don't start cases. You need someone to sue GOG for false advertising first. Someone with enough money to fight such a law-suit through multiple instances. GOG was careful enough not to promise 100% DRM-free anymore. They just say, that GOG is the home of curated DRM-free games. Promising "a selection of DRM-free games". ... Which they do. A selection of the games on GOG is still DRM-free.

Moreover they promise: "Here, you won't be locked out of titles you paid for, or constantly asked to prove you own them - this is DRM-free gaming." ... which seems to promise completely DRM-free gaming, right? No, it doesn't. It shows what their definition of 'DRM-free' is in legalese:
1. you won't be locked out of titles you paid for. - Which means DRM on Gwent is OK and also extra content (DLCs) and so on can be locked behind DRM. You still don't get locked out of the base game you paid for. So from a legalese standpoint GOG is in the clear.
2. you won't be constantly asked to prove you own the games - which leaves the door open for occasionally asking you to prove you own the game. As long as it isn't constantly. ... I.e. if you read this with a legal goggle, all this sentence does is promise not to use always-online DRM.

Nowhere does GOG promise nowadays not to use online-registration or to keep all parts of all games DRM-free. They have carefully reworded their 'about us' page towards becoming a DRM-agnostic platform. That makes suing them very difficult.

The only thing that might still be seen as false advertising is the promise, that Galaxy is optional. Which is still there on the 'about us' page. However, even there they removed the '100%'. They don't promise anymore that Galaxy will always be 100% optional. So it's a grey area. They still call it optional, but for many multiplayer-games and some single-player content it isn't. So if you have the funds and time to sue them over false advertising, this might be an angle. But expect a long fight.

There are some other things they promise that look like false promises, because they imply a quality of service that just isn't true. But if you look closely at the wording, everything is so vague that it won't be persecutable in front of a court.
Lifthrasil: And so on. Their lawyers did a good job re-wording their promises in a way so that they don't actually mean anything.
I dont agree with your implied assumption that 'word games' (misleading deceptive advertisements) give them legal safety. Far as I know about such things its pretty much a dice roll whether they would get away with it or not in a particular case. Thats also what I think is the motivation behind the rewordings. Not as you imply this making them 'safe' but rather increasing the odds of getting away with it if they somehow get sued over it.

See for example:
EU: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/consumers/unfair-commercial-practices-law/misleading-and-comparative-advertising-directive_en
US: https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/advertising-marketing-internet-rules-road

Also: If you look at https://www.gog.com/game/absolver it says "DRM FREE. No activation or online connection required to play."
From my POV there is no way this would hold up. GOG: "Yes 'DRM free' means only a part of the game needs to be 'DRM free'" - I dont think so...
Post edited March 25, 2021 by Zrevnur
low rated
This is an idea I support, and have been following myself for a few months. I just want to get everyone's opinion on this: If I already have wallet funds, does spending them count as breaking a boycott? There's a lot of good sales on right now, and when I refunded CP2077 I requested wallet funds because I was duped into believing that it would get me my refund faster (spoiler: it didn't). I have a big enough backlog of already purchased games that it wouldn't majorly affect me either way.

[spoiler]
1989六四天安門虐殺

1989六四事件新聞報導

1989六四事件中中共在天安門對手無寸鐵的百姓進行

动态网自由门 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Free Tibet 六四天安門事件 The Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 天安門大屠殺 The Tiananmen Square Massacre 反右派鬥爭 The Anti-Rightist Struggle 大躍進政策 The Great Leap Forward 文化大革命 The Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution 人權 Human Rights 民運 Democratization 自由 Freedom 獨立 Independence 多黨制 Multi-party system 台灣 臺灣 Taiwan Formosa 中華民國 Republic of China 西藏 土伯特 唐古特 Tibet 達賴喇嘛 Dalai Lama 法輪功 Falun Dafa 新疆維吾爾自治區 The Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region 諾貝爾和平獎 Nobel Peace Prize 劉暁波 Liu Xiaobo 民主 言論 思想 反共 反革命 抗議 運動 騷亂 暴亂 騷擾 擾亂 抗暴 平反 維權 示威游行 李洪志 法輪大法 大法弟子 強制斷種 強制堕胎 民族淨化 人體實驗 肅清 胡耀邦 趙紫陽 魏京生 王丹 還政於民 和平演變 激流中國 北京之春 大紀元時報 九評論共産黨 獨裁 專制 壓制 統一 監視 鎮壓 迫害 侵略 掠奪 破壞 拷問 屠殺 活摘器官 誘拐 買賣人口 遊進 走私 毒品 賣淫 春畫 賭博 六合彩 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Winnie the Pooh 劉曉波动态网自由门

六四天安門事件 The Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 天安門大屠殺 The Tiananmen Square Massacre

反右派鬥爭 The Anti-Rightist Struggle 大躍進政策 The Great Leap Forward

文化大革命 The Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution

人權 Human Rights 民運 Democratization 自由 Freedom 獨立 Independence 多黨制 Multi-party system

民主 言論 思想 反共 反革命 抗議 運動 騷亂 暴亂 騷擾 擾亂 抗暴 平反 維權 示威游行

法輪功 Falun Dafa 李洪志 法輪大法 大法弟子 強制斷種 強制堕胎 民族淨化 人體實驗

胡耀邦 趙紫陽 魏京生 王丹 還政於民 和平演變 激流中國 北京之春 大紀元時報 九評論共産黨

獨裁 專制 壓制 統一 監視 鎮壓 迫害 侵略 掠奪 破壞 拷問 屠殺 肅清 活摘器官
[/spoiler]
high rated
Ragmand: This is an idea I support, and have been following myself for a few months. I just want to get everyone's opinion on this: If I already have wallet funds, does spending them count as breaking a boycott? There's a lot of good sales on right now, and when I refunded CP2077 I requested wallet funds because I was duped into believing that it would get me my refund faster (spoiler: it didn't). I have a big enough backlog of already purchased games that it wouldn't majorly affect me either way.
I don't think that would count as breaking the boycott. That money is already in GOG's coffers and, assuming more than 30 days have passed from the purchase, you can no longer refund it. Might as well use it.

Moreover, if you use the funds, ~70% will go to the developers/publishers, rather than 100% remaining with GOG if you don't. So you really should use them.
Post edited March 25, 2021 by mrkgnao
Ragmand: This is an idea I support, and have been following myself for a few months. I just want to get everyone's opinion on this: If I already have wallet funds, does spending them count as breaking a boycott? There's a lot of good sales on right now, and when I refunded CP2077 I requested wallet funds because I was duped into believing that it would get me my refund faster (spoiler: it didn't). I have a big enough backlog of already purchased games that it wouldn't majorly affect me either way.
mrkgnao: I don't think that would count as breaking the boycott. That money is already in GOG's coffers and, assuming more than 30 days have passed from the purchase, you can no longer refund it. Might as well use it.

Moreover, if you use the funds, ~70% will go to the developers/publishers, rather than 100% remaining with GOG if you don't. So you really should use them.
Thanks for the reply. My thoughts went along similar lines, but I wanted to make sure there wasn't some weird accounting gimmick or deceptive metric that CDPR could use to try to hide whatever effect this boycott may have.

I did, however, decide to not use any of that refund money to buy Witcher 3. I'm still waiting on my Linux version.
Ouch. I wasn't aware about many extremely shady things mentioned in this thread. So much for being "good guys" who "care about players", like they are often presented on twitter by their fans.

Well, since GOG becomes nothing special little by little, I might as well switch to steam for all my future purchases.
Post edited March 25, 2021 by DarkTl
low rated
mrkgnao: I don't think that would count as breaking the boycott. That money is already in GOG's coffers and, assuming more than 30 days have passed from the purchase, you can no longer refund it. Might as well use it.

I agree. If GOG already has your money, then you may as well take your game and make sure some money gets to the developers. Otherwise, I'll add you to the list.

DarkTl: Ouch. I wasn't aware about many extremely shady things mentioned in this thread. So much for being "good guys" who "care about players", like they are often presented on twitter.

Well, since GOG becomes nothing special little by little, I might as well switch to steam for all my future purchases.
Yes, it seems GOG have been corrupted by the same greedy corporate forces that are corrupting everything else. I can understand people switching to Steam. I wouldn't personally buy DRMed games from them, but they do sell some DRM-free. If GOG are transitioning to being a store that sells some DRM-free games and some with DRM, then they are no better than Steam. At least Steam are honest and are not lying to us, not trying to walk back on years of promises about being the 'champions of DRM-free'. They are not insulting our intelligence, spoon-feeding us bullshit and expecting us to swallow it.
Post edited March 25, 2021 by Time4Tea
Time4Tea: At least Steam are honest and are not lying to us,
Steam being honest... you mean like when they promised that from now on they wouldn't censor or refuses games as long as it was legal and not trolling... only a couple of weeks later going on a censoring spree and removing / censoring games for some weird fuzzy guideline violation including games that were sold on the store for several months...