It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Great news for all fans of the deadly red-haired vampire! Today both BloodRayne: Terminal Cut and BloodRayne 2: Terminal Cut receive a big update from Ziggurat that will further enhance their looks and performance.

Changes in BloodRayne: Terminal Cut include restoring details of elements like enemy’s uniforms and flesh tones, as well as the improved rendering of water and reflections. Also, Japanese voice-acting and subtitles have been added.

BloodRayne: Terminal Cut 2 on the other hand received, among other things, some missing music and audio tracks, as well as improved resolution and scaling of included bonus materials.

To see the full list of updated features just visit both games’ pages on GOG.COM.

To celebrate this big update, we’ve decided to give you a set of discounts on Bloodrayne titles that will last until 20th May 2021, 1 PM UTC.
Berzerk2k2: [...]
Hi Berzerk, I just wanna repeat what you wrote, maybe Ziggurat /German BPJM is reading it (haha...):

The First BloodRayne is not glorifying anything and with all the zombies, vampires and other enemies in the game it's also not a very realistic game.
I assume if Ziggurat would try to get it removed from the German Index they would succeed. Same for the second game in which you don't even fight Nazis.

I'm no fan of Bloodrayne (for now...) but I dislike that we (adult) Germans are censored in our media consumption and I find it strange (like Maxvorstadt wrote earlier) to read news for updates/games on GOG which we (in Germany) can't see nor buy; the links of both BloodRayne games lead to the general games page...

Also I want to say that this move of Ziggurat is very commendable. I wish other dev-pubs would follow this line and keep their classics UP TO DATE (also Gothic I got a decent update after 20 years recently which is very nice!).
Post edited May 16, 2021 by gamefood
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Far better for it to be blocked in Germany than for it to be censored worldwide in order to pander to tyrannical laws in Germany.
Berzerk2k2: When the context of the game doesn't glorify NS stuff in any way then there is no problem releasing it uncut for Germany. All Wolfenstein games here on GOG are available for people from Germany and they are all uncensored. The First BloodRayne is not glorifying anything and with all the zombies, vampires and other enemies in the game it's also not a very realistic game. I assume if Ziggurat would try to get it removed from the German Index they would succeed. Same for the second game in which you don't even fight Nazis.
Just for your information. Bloodrayne wasn't officially released in Germany and it was indexed not because of NS stuff (which wasn't in the PC release as we all know) but because of violence. So it still would not be 100% sure if a new rating would push it from the list.
gamefood: ...and I find it strange ... to read news for updates/games on GOG which we (in Germany) can't see nor buy; the links of both BloodRayne games lead to the general games page...
That is because GOG expect Germans to use their site in German and since the news is not included on the German version of the site they obviously did not bother to block the news as well.
Post edited May 16, 2021 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: Just for your information. Bloodrayne wasn't officially released in Germany and it was indexed not because of NS stuff (which wasn't in the PC release as we all know) but because of violence. So it still would not be 100% sure if a new rating would push it from the list.
I don't see a problem with the violence in this game. Games like Mortal Kombat X or 11 got a USK18 rating without any problems and they are much more detailed in their violence than this game. Should be easy to get USK18 for both BloodRayne games. If only they would try.
GamezRanker: Hmm....I never had that issue while playing....is that only on specific OSs/hardware, by any chance?

Btw: I was talking more about original versions of older games in general....a number of which seem to run more or less just fine with a bit of love & care(modding and configuration).....more so than these games specifically.
It is not that obvious most of the time, but some ambient sounds might not play at all/skip. You have no idea there was even supposed to be one. I noticed it entirely by chance in a scripted part at the start of one level. Occasionally, voice lines might also get cut a second or two too fast, missing out on the last couple of words. Some people also say that cutscenes go by too quick, although I did not have that issue myself.

Regarding the original versions in general, I somewhat agree, although GOG is not the best place for that. The way they modify some games causes them to not work on systems they were made for, for the sake of making them run on the newer ones. Mostly using a wrapper that no longer works on older systems.

Example:
The Suffering from GOG does not run on Windows XP, while the boxed retail version does.
Post edited May 16, 2021 by idbeholdME
MarkoH01: Just for your information. Bloodrayne wasn't officially released in Germany and it was indexed not because of NS stuff (which wasn't in the PC release as we all know) but because of violence. So it still would not be 100% sure if a new rating would push it from the list.
Berzerk2k2: I don't see a problem with the violence in this game. Games like Mortal Kombat X or 11 got a USK18 rating without any problems and they are much more detailed in their violence than this game. Should be easy to get USK18 for both BloodRayne games. If only they would try.
Yes, maybe - but you know how stupid their decisions often are ... it remains a game of luck.
low rated
idbeholdME: Regarding the original versions in general, I somewhat agree, although GOG is not the best place for that. The way they modify some games causes them to not work on systems they were made for, for the sake of making them run on the newer ones. Mostly using a wrapper that no longer works on older systems.
That's fine for me.....as I play on new OSs, and if I want original files I can just go sailing the seas(after buying a copy on GOG/etc first, of course). I can see why it'd be more of a pain for others, though.
GamezRanker: Did you perhaps get the game for that price in a sale long(or even not long) ago?
(I ask because I think it was always 6 when not on sale)
it was Dec 3, 2016 according to my purchase history. Might have been the Winter sale.
And the non sale price is and was 9.99 €.
So I got it for a 90% discount against a 40% one, and I'm happy about it. All I'm saying is that it's not that good offer.
Post edited May 16, 2021 by Dogmaus
low rated
Dogmaus: So I got it for a 90% discount against a 40% one, and I'm happy about it. All I'm saying is that it's not that good offer.
Well yeah, it isn't as good as 90%....still, as I said before: I think we(gamers in general) are too used to deep sales, and are a bit frugal when it comes to games because of that sometimes. I mean, imo some other games are worth that extra buck or two....or maybe more.
Post edited May 16, 2021 by GamezRanker
GGLapkizzz: Yep, and fixing this "feature" haunts the community wishlist for 4 years now:
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/goty_should_mark_main_game_and_dlcs_as_bought
Grargar: 4? Maybe for this particular wishlist, but the "feature" has existed ever since 2013.
Well, I meant rather "at least 4" since I didn't pay attention to that until I bought enough GOTY titles myself and the only documented point in time I found was in that wishlist post.