It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We know, we know – the National Cat Day is on 17th February… and 22nd February too… and 29th October... Anyway, we don’t really need an official occasion to appreciate our furry cat friends. So, when we discovered that 8th August is a National Cat Day in Canada, we thought – that’s as good a date as any ;-)

Let’s cherish these wonderful creatures by visiting our special, meowy Cat Games Collection and playing games that are dedicated to them. Take a good look – some of them even have discounts that will last until 15th August, 11 AM UTC!
This was a terrible day to make an announcement, but I'm sure lacking an internet savvy writer, nobody at GOG would know what subculture decided to adopt 8/8.

Also be careful about announcing things on 6/21 or mentioning Monosodium Glutimate by the eNumbers.
vv221: Pillars of Eternity is a cat game? Did I miss something here?
As mentioned, you can have pets, including cats, dogs, pigs, etc. If you play as a ranger class, you get to pick a companion animal, one of which is a lion. As a druid class you pick a spirit animal that you can change in to, and you can be a cat.
Darvond: This was a terrible day to make an announcement, but I'm sure lacking an internet savvy writer, nobody at GOG would know what subculture decided to adopt 8/8.

Also be careful about announcing things on 6/21 or mentioning Monosodium Glutimate by the eNumbers.
GOG isn't the one who decided today was significant.

Although I am aware of the significance you are ascribing to today, I think the best way to deal with that is to not let them claim it. To suspend all other activity on today would be to surrender it.
Post edited August 08, 2022 by my name is grompy catte