It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

When a house reaches certain levels it becomes invisible and you can no longer interact with it. This happens at levels 3, 5, or 10 for certain. I don't remember if there were any more levels between 5 and 10. This is happening in the latest GOG version (2.1.7) and almost makes the game unplayable.

Here's a screenshot of my 40 LV10 houses. The coin popups show they are still there buying items, but I can't click on them to check their happiness or move them.
Attachments:
houses.jpg (407 Kb)
Post edited March 04, 2024 by TicklePickler
TicklePickler: When a house reaches certain levels it becomes invisible and you can no longer interact with it. This happens at levels 3, 5, or 10 for certain. I don't remember if there were any more levels between 5 and 10. This is happening in the latest GOG version (2.1.7) and almost makes the game unplayable.

Here's a screenshot of my 40 LV10 houses. The coin popups show they are still there buying items, but I can't click on them to check their happiness or move them.
I've got the EXACT same problem. Actually I came into the forum and saw your topic. On one side I am happy for not beoing the only one, i can see that the problem is somewhere else!
TicklePickler: When a house reaches certain levels it becomes invisible and you can no longer interact with it. This happens at levels 3, 5, or 10 for certain. I don't remember if there were any more levels between 5 and 10. This is happening in the latest GOG version (2.1.7) and almost makes the game unplayable.

Please solve this issue! As the other user said, it makes the game slightly unplayable since one can't move or interact with the houses, not to mention the disgusting visual effect of not seeing your house and behold those large empty spaces in the middle of out towns
Post edited March 28, 2024 by Samfaina1
I also have this issue. Any help available?
As far as I am concerned this is a game breaker.
The same thing happens to me and apparently the game developer is aware of the problem, be patient ;)
Post edited April 11, 2024 by Inocuo89
Developer here - The issue should now be fixed in 2.1.8, which I just released on GOG.

Sorry for the delay - I'm not on these forums actively and I didn't know about the problem until recently. Thanks to Inocuo for bringing it to my attention!

The cause is that my computer hard drive suddenly failed several months ago, and when reinstalling all my software & reloading projects, I had used a newer version of Unity than Factory Town was originally built in. Well, something happened during the migration process between versions that caused the internal references to specific House models to break. I have absolutely no idea why only these references broke! But it was also a silent failure so I didn't know it had happened. These broken references caused these House renders to be missing from the game. Then I made a very small change to the GOG version and published it, not knowing it included this new bug.

So it should be fixed now, let me know if you have any further issues.
Thanks for the update.

Grass was also affected. It was just displayed as a dark green floor texture before.
Post edited April 20, 2024 by HiasX