It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Now I am pissed at Logic Artists. Patch 1.06 has been out on Steam for almost a week. Somebody over on Steam asked when it was coming to GOG. This was Jonas' reply:

"Jonas [developer]
1.0.6 is not coming to GOG.

1.0.6.1 is currently available on the beta branch on Steam, and we'll leave it up there overnight. If no disasters happen before then, we'll roll it out for everyone tomorrow, and then send it to GOG."

Patch 1.0.6.1 addresses an issue with custom portraits that are not being created in Steam installations, so why 1.0.6 wasn't released to GOG is beyond me. Maybe GOG will get in in October... if we're lucky. Not happy. Not happy at all.

If that wasn't enough, the event editor is only available via Steam, so no creating your own mods in GOG version.
Post edited September 13, 2017 by Hickory
Hickory: Now I am pissed at Logic Artists. Patch 1.06 has been out on Steam for almost a week. Somebody over on Steam asked when it was coming to GOG. This was Jonas' reply:

"Jonas [developer]
1.0.6 is not coming to GOG.

1.0.6.1 is currently available on the beta branch on Steam, and we'll leave it up there overnight. If no disasters happen before then, we'll roll it out for everyone tomorrow, and then send it to GOG."

Patch 1.0.6.1 addresses an issue with custom portraits that are not being created in Steam installations, so why 1.0.6 wasn't released to GOG is beyond me. Maybe GOG will get in in October... if we're lucky. Not happy. Not happy at all.

If that wasn't enough, the event editor is only available via Steam, so no creating your own mods in GOG version.
I agree, this has gone from us being slightly behind Steam (last update was less than a day late for us IIRC) to them seemingly not giving a fuck.

That said, I have some hope that they will release both 1.0.6 and the modding tools on GOG soon - it's not like it will require much work as all they would have to do (I presume) is send them the damn file(s), and they could just appear in our "library" just like it does for the Steamers.

I'm currently part-way through 1.0.5, about to leave for England, but have been waiting for the latest patch since it fixes a fair few (more) things.

It's just a shame that the devs have decided the make Steam their effective "home base" - I guess Steam just makes things so easy for devs that they don't have to worry about using their own infrastructure to roll things out, and I get that rolling things out to multiple platforms can possibly be a bit of a pain - but still, I hope that in future someone (whether GOG or future devs or whatever) does something about this.
Post edited September 13, 2017 by squid830
Seems like the files have been sent right before the weekend, we can hope to have the MAJ next week.
Prodrome: Seems like the files have been sent right before the weekend, we can hope to have the MAJ next week.
Logic Artists have made it plain that anybody who doesn't buy their product through Steam is a second class customer. This is a shame: I used to hold them in good esteem. Not any longer, and the "small company" excuse holds no credence when patch 1.06 was purposely held back from GOG because of some bug they had on Steam. Unless they pull their socks up in this regard I won't be purchasing anything else from them. I have nothing against Steam, but I detest companies that (mis)treat people as second-class for no reason.
Post edited September 18, 2017 by Hickory
I just want to play with custom portraits. So as long as the game works I'm set. I don't expect a lot from them. Sure, it seems like they propose the same quality service to GOG customers and that's a shame. Maybe with time they will better their service here.