It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm having an issue with Everspace both in and out of Galaxy. When trying to launch using Galaxy, my library shows that it syncs cloud saves and then stops; the game doesn't even launch. I then disabled cloud saves and tried again, with the result being that the app does nothing. I then performed a verify/repair with the same result.

I tried launching it outside of Galaxy through the Applications folder with no results. Launching the Console shows this message in my system logs:

May 29 09:51:10 Jamestation com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.epicgames.RSG.24232[739]): Could not find and/or execute program specified by service: 13: Permission denied: /Applications/EVERSPACE.app/Contents/MacOS/RSG

The next step would be uninstalling/reinstalling, but it's a 5.0+ GB game and I'm on a bandwidth meter (ADSL). What would be the exact plugin that would need Apple's permission to run, and has this happened to any of you? I haven't run into something like this before; this would probably be a flaw on Apple's part since the latest patch plugged several security holes in reaction to increased hacking activity.

EDIT: On a side note, I was looking through the subfolders and there appears to be a missing flashback video (no Flashback_004.mp4) in Applications>Everspace.app>Contents>UE4>RSG>Content>Movies. Just an FYI for Mac users.
Post edited May 29, 2017 by TodaysLoneWolf
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
TodaysLoneWolf: May 29 09:51:10 Jamestation com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.epicgames.RSG.24232[739]): Could not find and/or execute program specified by service: 13: Permission denied: /Applications/EVERSPACE.app/Contents/MacOS/RSG

The next step would be uninstalling/reinstalling, but it's a 5.0+ GB game and I'm on a bandwidth meter (ADSL).
Rather the next step would be to copy, not move, the EVERSPACE.app to your Desktop folder and try running it from there (assuming you have the free space). Also, presuming RSG is the program you can check if it has the executable flag set, e.g. open terminal & run ls -nla /Applications/EVERSPACE.app/Contents/MacOS/
TodaysLoneWolf: May 29 09:51:10 Jamestation com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.epicgames.RSG.24232[739]): Could not find and/or execute program specified by service: 13: Permission denied: /Applications/EVERSPACE.app/Contents/MacOS/RSG

The next step would be uninstalling/reinstalling, but it's a 5.0+ GB game and I'm on a bandwidth meter (ADSL).
Gydion: Rather the next step would be to copy, not move, the EVERSPACE.app to your Desktop folder and try running it from there (assuming you have the free space). Also, presuming RSG is the program you can check if it has the executable flag set, e.g. open terminal & run ls -nla /Applications/EVERSPACE.app/Contents/MacOS/
Thanks, I'll try that when I come in from work and errands.

I also signed up and posted my issue in Everspace's forums. I'll post whatever solution I get from them if I receive one.

EDIT: neither option works. Heading to the forums, otherwise I'm going to forget about it.
Post edited May 30, 2017 by TodaysLoneWolf
Just a final update, so that GOG moderators could mark this thread for removal: I had no internet connection for the past two months; I had just redownloaded the game (now at version 1.08) and other than the crash after the introduction the game runs fantastic in macOS Sierra.

In other words, no more serious issues, therefore nothing to see here. Carry on!