It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

While the game supports all kind of high res/widescreen resolutions it doesn't offer me 32bit color depth in 1920x1200. I can choose it in all other resolutions, just not my native one :/
With 16bit color depth the graphics loose quite a bit, does anyone know how to force the higher color depth in 1920x1200?
I already tried editing the "environment.cfg" in the enclave directory. It has an entry for the chosen video mode and color depth but I still get 1920x1200/16bit.
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
When you edited the enviroment.cfg did you run the notepad as administrator first if on win7/vista to make sure it saves the changes?
If you on xp or that doesn't work could you please post your system specs and what OS you are using?
Ralackk: When you edited the enviroment.cfg did you run the notepad as administrator first if on win7/vista to make sure it saves the changes?
If you on xp or that doesn't work could you please post your system specs and what OS you are using?

I used Notepad++ for editing and it was saved ;) The game reads the resolution correctly from that .cfg file it just doesn't produce 32bit color depth.
I'm running the game on:
Intel E8400
4 GB Ram
Gigabyte GA-P35 DS3
Radeon 5870 (Catalyst 10.4)
Windows 7 Prof 64bit
Hmm, if you check the start menu folder of the game has gog included any graphics setup tools?
If you installed your game to program files make sure to run the program as administrator as win7 does not like people messing around with files inside that folder without it.
Well that is odd, my native res is 1920x1200, and the game lets me choose 32-bit colour just fine. You are bashing the right-key until it won't go any further I assume? (one remnant of console porting which I always find a tad annoying).
Try reinstalling or fiddling with compatability modes, the game definitely supports it.
partially: You are bashing the right-key until it won't go any further I assume? (one remnant of console porting which I always find a tad annoying).

Exactly
partially: Try reinstalling or fiddling with compatability modes, the game definitely supports it.

Mmh, will try that. Are you also using Windows 7 or another OS?
Windows 7 x64. I didn't change any settings, just ran the game and everything worked fine.
It might be the ATI graphics card, I notice the other threads having various problems with graphics were also using them. Probably the newer drivers don't work so well with the game.
Post edited May 12, 2010 by partially
I had the same problem with an nVidia card and a 1600*1200 monitor.
The first thing I tried was to just modify environment.cfg to say "VID_MODE=1600 1200 32 60".
After that it still used 16-bit colour.
Then I saw in this thread that the game can be switched to an OpenGL renderer by changing "VID_RENDER=Direct3D" to "VID_RENDER=OpenGL". Combined with the previous edit, this made the game run in 1600*1200 32-bit.
A downside is that the brightness setting doesn't work with the OpenGL renderer. There may be other differences, but that's the only one I've noticed.
I have the same problem, but the res is 1680x1050 in my case. Can't get it to work at 32bit color. I have tried switching to OpenGL, but as has been said, then the brightness control won't work -not even editing the cfg file- and the game runs too dark.
Crusher: I have the same problem, but the res is 1680x1050 in my case. Can't get it to work at 32bit color. I have tried switching to OpenGL, but as has been said, then the brightness control won't work -not even editing the cfg file- and the game runs too dark.
same problem here, 32bit color is available in every resolution except my laptops native res (1366x768). edited environment.cfg but still no 32bit
Still hasn't been fixed; additionally there's no longer Controller support as there used to be in the Disc version.

Does the OpenGL render path even work anymore?
I have a monitor with a 1680x1050 native resolution. I had the same problem where I could only select 1680x1050x16. The solution was to add 1920x1080 as an available resolution inside of Catalyst Control Center.

So basically, add the next available common resolution to the Nvidia Control Panel or CCC and you should be able to select your native resolution with 32-bit color inside the game.
JJohnson1988: I have a monitor with a 1680x1050 native resolution. I had the same problem where I could only select 1680x1050x16. The solution was to add 1920x1080 as an available resolution inside of Catalyst Control Center.

So basically, add the next available common resolution to the Nvidia Control Panel or CCC and you should be able to select your native resolution with 32-bit color inside the game.
Sorry for the gravedig on this (I just purchased the game), but how exactly do you do this? I mean, how to add resolutions to CCC that are beyond the native res of your monitor? I mean my native resolution is 1920x1080, and I don't have the option of any higher resolutions when I go to Desktop Management/Desktop Properties.
JJohnson1988: I have a monitor with a 1680x1050 native resolution. I had the same problem where I could only select 1680x1050x16. The solution was to add 1920x1080 as an available resolution inside of Catalyst Control Center.

Crosmando: Sorry for the gravedig on this (I just purchased the game), but how exactly do you do this? I mean, how to add resolutions to CCC that are beyond the native res of your monitor? I mean my native resolution is 1920x1080, and I don't have the option of any higher resolutions when I go to Desktop Management/Desktop Properties.
Unfortunately, you may have to use a program like PowerStrip to add a resolution higher than 1080p. For whatever reason, CCC is quite limited when it comes to adding custom resolutions that aren't 720p and 1080p.

I recently switched to a native 1080p monitor, so I can no longer use the workaround posted above, and must instead resort to PowerStrip (I just haven't got around to re-installing the game yet!). If I find an easier program than PowerStrip, I will post it here.
Post edited March 10, 2012 by JJohnson1988